Giving away players

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giving away players

Post by gazbar5 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Again we have lost a player to another club. Dowdell went to centrals. Reasons stated are that the crows want him to be tryed up forward. And exactly like mckernan at Glenelg they played Dowdell in the ruck and by reports i have heard he played well. So who is telling us the truth?????????????????????//

Are we going that well we can give players away. 

He even played Crabby up front.Not his best position. He could have put Dowdell up front,If that happened would he still be at the club.(I DONT THINK SO.)

To me it looks as though players want out. Crabby will probably play his one hundred for us, retire and play for another club next year. Crossy will say enough is enough.

What about the poor suffering supporters,dont  the board , the coach, and the players  know we are suffering.

My solution  FULLER out  JACQUES in. at least he has the reserves winning again,and he was a former player and knows what they need to improve.

I know i will be there again at the weekend,rain or shine. My friends and family think i am bonkers, but at least i can say i am LOYAL unlike some players i could mention.
gazbar5

Back to top Go down

Re: Giving away players

Post by JJH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Troy Jacques is not the answer gazbar5, actually part of problem, just one of Fullers puppets who does as he's told
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Thank god Jacques never persisted with that horrid hair cut he had briefly..around 2007/2008 I think.Laughing Anyway, back on topic...

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:11 pm

saintal wrote:Thank god Jacques never persisted with that horrid hair cut he had briefly..around 2007/2008 I think.Laughing Anyway, back on topic...

I think Troy had that hairstyle after he had his scalp operated on and had to let it all heal.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 pm

I think you might be right, forgot about that Embarassed Now I feel stupid.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Can we get disgruntled ex player jjh banned from this site please
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Hey, Grumpy Growler? Am I not entitled to my own opinion? You've got yours and sure as he'll ain't the same as everybody else's
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 pm

I believe that the Crows wanted Ben to have more time on the ground in the ruck, occasionally up forward, but with Keegan Brooksby, through his improving performances, demanding the first ruck position Ben was relegated to the second ruck position.

While it's true big guys don't get any shorter as the game goes on Ben needed to work on his "feel for the game" - as well as his skills for play around the ground - and he's only going to learn that on the ground.  Sad to see him go as he always seemed to enjoy playing for us and give his best, but in his position he is in a business, not only a sport, so needs to go where he will benefit most.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Over recent years South's ability to retain players has been terrible!!!! We have lost more good players to rival clubs then I care to remember. This must END, we can no longer be a feeder club for other clubs in the league. We must start retaining players for their whole careers. Junior players need champions of the club to look up to and aspire too be like. We as supporters also need champion players to cheer on.
I have been supporting the club for 15 years and the only real champion I have probably seen in that time was Trent Mills and I only caught the back end of his career. I have real hope there are a few champion players in our current playing list however we must retain these players.

I believe we cannot afford to lose the following players to rival clubs and must retain them:

Liddle
Cross
Wundke
Brooksby
Redigolo
Gotch
Stribling
Murphy
Crabb
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:23 pm

i think Joel cross is leaving at the end of the year.
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Paradigm_shift wrote:i think Joel cross is leaving at the end of the year.

Going back to Vic or to a rival club? Is this something you heard or just a feeling you have?

I heard his misses now lives In Adelaide so I was hoping we might.be a chance to keep him but that may depend on who is coaching!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Good post panther pack.

We have no players the kids coming through aspire too.

What a saw on the weekend was pretty average with senior players hardly giving any encouragement to the new kids playing their first game.  Saw brooksby giving caleb a bit of advice but when caleb was knocked out with a stunning gutsy effort no player was around him to help or kick up a bit with the opposition .  It was very sad to see that ! Looks like a lot of the players ATM is all about me !!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum