Round 13 v the Bloods

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 13 v the Bloods

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Game is at home last time we met they flogged us by over 100 points.

Nothing had improved since then so can only expect the same result how much will we lose by???

On a side note is the club in denial about where we are at as according to the local paper Ron feels as safe as houses and almost got the vibe he thinks the club is going okay laughable IMO!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13 v the Bloods

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 pm

This could get ugly
Reading the club's web site there is a statement re: AFL reserves team in the SANFL.
I would have thought our current form would be of more of a pressing concern.....SAFC has been tight lipped throughout this whole situation....there is little transparency or open communication with its supporters & members....hence why many are walking away.

Back on the thread topic.......hoping for a miracle.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Premier Panther wrote:This could get ugly
Reading the club's web site there is a statement re: AFL reserves team in the SANFL.
I would have thought our current form would be of more of a pressing concern.....SAFC has been tight lipped throughout this whole situation....there is little transparency or open communication with its supporters & members....hence why many are walking away.

Thought a meeting between supporters and members would have been a good thing for the AFL reserves situation. (like Norwood are doing)

The West game will not be pretty so guys, baton down the hatches ....it might get ugly!!! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm

The statement about the reserves is the exact same statement issued by the majority of the other clubs..just a copy and paste job. So I wouldn't read anything into it. Like a few others I've been a little perplexed by some of Ronnie's comments.

Usually I'm optimistic about an upcoming game, but I'm struggling this week. pale

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:46 pm

saintal wrote:

The statement about the reserves is the exact same statement issued by the majority of the other clubs..just a copy and paste job. So I wouldn't read anything into it. Like a few others I've been a little perplexed by some of Ronnie's comments.

Usually I'm optimistic about an upcoming game, but I'm struggling this week. pale

Just read the Messenger article - Bizarre Surprised

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:51 am

Panther74 wrote:
saintal wrote:

Just read the Messenger article - Bizarre Surprised

lol exactly what I thought!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:01 pm

South 9.10.64 to West 8.6.54 Full time

It is very sweet to taste victory again and record our first win Against a Andy Collins West Adelaide team under Ron Fuller.

Last edited by Paradigm_shift on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Very happy with todays result, a good strong effort by the SAFC all round. The lads really did us proud today.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Collins was out coached today! Leaving Mackay loose in our back line was ludicrous. He cut them to pieces. Then when Mackay swapped with Liddle he too caused problems for them. Today's result just shows what a committed group can do. We did not have one passenger or weak link. Tackles were laid, blocks and shepards applied and we hit leading targets. Our back line were excellent. Caleb Daniel a 16 year old is special. He has a big future for such a small lad? Still plenty to work on but a great result! Well done to the club by backing your coach in!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Choaty on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm

For the first time in maybe 4 years(?) the Cupido Cup is coming back to my mantlepiece.
Choaty

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Well said Black Panther to me that was our best win for a couple of years you could tell from the first bounce we were going to have a crack and we maintain that for the whole game now its important to maintain that for the rest of the year All players played there part today I dont mind seeing us loose as long as we have a crack like we saw today winning is better though WELL DONE TO THE WHOLE CLUB
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Caleb Daniel what a little champ.....may be small in stature but Big Heart!
Fantastic Result......amazing the power of the mind & what can be achieved.
Bring that intensity & endeavour every game & we're a chance.
Question is can we do this 2 weeks running?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Whatever happened during the week it worked! Well played. Just goes to show with some application what cone be done!!
Shouldn't take a small crisis to change attitudes, but a very good win regardless.
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Sign Ronnie up for life Wink

On a more serious note...South produced 4 quarters of committed, pressure footy today, which made a much welcome change. Was a fairly ugly game for the most part, but we certainly ran the game out far better than the bloods.

Liddle seemed to be everywhere, Mackay was very good after a slow start and Hartigan is starting to get a lot of footy to add to his defensive performances. C. Daniel hits the footy hard and is great to watch, while another youngster Haines showed some dash. Pleasingly it was the type of performance where all players did their bit. Great to win for Crabb's 100th, and for the small number of die hards who turned up today.

Bloods appeared flat all day, and their skills were ordinary.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Choaty wrote:For the first time in maybe 4 years(?) the Cupido Cup is coming back to my mantlepiece.

Round 1, 2009. From memory Dugga kicked 6 or 7.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Today I saw a boy, show men how to play. Caleb Daniel you are a champ. I also saw 21 committed blokes all working together. Amazing!.
Some of our skills were down, but skills can be improved. Skills can be taught. The thing that happened today came from the heart and it showed. The game was won in the head. Today the South Adelaide Football Club's, "TEAM" won a game of Football. Great Stuff!!!

bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 am

bluecat wrote:Today I saw a boy,  show men how to play. Caleb Daniel you are a champ. I also saw 21 committed blokes all working together. Amazing!.

Can play the boy. Has been running rings around his peers for most of his life. For someone who weighs in at bugger all wringing wet the commitment he showed was outstanding. Contributed towards a number of pretty important goals late in the game.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Andos Mullett wrote:
bluecat wrote:Today I saw a boy,  show men how to play. Caleb Daniel you are a champ. I also saw 21 committed blokes all working together. Amazing!.

Can play the boy. Has been running rings around his peers for most of his life. For someone who weighs in at bugger all wringing wet the commitment he showed was outstanding. Contributed towards a number of pretty important goals late in the game.

He reminds me a lot of Shane Clonan who pound for pound was one of the best footballers I've seen in the blue and white. Unfortunately his size prevented him progressing to the big time.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Andos Mullett wrote:

Did ringer on James Boyd ! ( I am sure it will not end up like that situation turned out though!)
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:41 pm

I agree. Phil Collins and Wayne Slattery were also amazing small players. I reckon Caleb is about Phil's Height ( not Build). Phil was like a wombat on Speed.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Bluecat you forgot one player or you might be to young to remember Gary Bracegirdle
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm

paul wrote:Bluecat you forgot one player or you might be to young to remember Gary Bracegirdle

Any relation to the coffee stores ??
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Great win today. Great ticker showed by all involved.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 am

Panther74 wrote:
paul wrote:Bluecat you forgot one player or you might be to young to remember Gary Bracegirdle

Pretty sure they are run by Gary and his wife.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Andos Mullett wrote:
Panther74 wrote:

Pretty sure they are run by Gary and his wife.

Cheers mate.....Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum