Centrals Away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Centrals Away

Post by saintal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:40 pm

From SAFC.com.au

Teams for South v Central at Playford Alive Oval on Saturday July 13th - Thursday July 11th

South Adelaide has strengthened its potency by including key forward Brett Eddy for its contest against Central District at Playford Alive Oval on Saturday.

The former Collingwood VFL spearhead performed strongly in the reserves last round, collecting 20 disposals, 10 marks, eight inside 50s and five goals against the Double Blues.

Named at centre-half forward, Eddy was joined in the Panthers’ 21 by pint-sized midfielder Caleb Daniel, who was unable to play last round due to a family commitment.

Utilities Joe Haines and Nic Schwarz were the unlucky pair to make way.

A little surprised Haines got the chop. Has been alright in his 3 or 4 games. Eddy been in decent ressies form, hopefully can finally have an impact at league level. Can we break various embarrassing hoodoos v the Doggies?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: Centrals Away

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:15 pm

saintal wrote:. Can we break various embarrassing hoodoos v the Doggies?

I've got everything crossed!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:39 pm

To all the solid brave Panther fans that made the journey to Elizabeth today, no matter what distance you had to travel to get there you all should be saluted.

At the end when the final siren sounded we went down by 4 goals, which is bugg3r all and mounts to 1 goal a quarter, those couple of hundred that made the trip to the Ponderosa saw something today that will make them make the trip to wherever we play for the rest of the season. We saw a committed group of young men take on a hoodoo that has been weighing us down for the last umpteen times we have been going that way, and for a few errors in disposal and lapses of concentration of picking up an opposition player we were right in the game. Losing Brett Eddy during the second quarter took away our control of the ball when it was in our forward area, at times we did over use the ball and coughed it carelessly, which allowed Centrals to open the game up for them. Our back lines and midfield worked hard all day with Liddle, Daniel N, Cross, Bass, Gotch, Thewlis, Ah Chee, McDonald, all getting plenty of the ball. I do like seeing Brad Crabb playing at CHF, a totally different spot for him after being a defender for so many games, I think the position suits him and the team will benefit next week at home to Glenelg.

If you are reading this post, make it a promise you will be there next Saturday showing the boys that you are right behind them.

Amen.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Hell! We had more kicks, more marks, more handballs, in fact we had 343 to 292 disposals. We even had more free kicks (22 for 11 against). If only we had kicked bloody straight. I drove home from Elizabeth disappointed with the result, but optimistic about where the club is headed. Right up until the final siren they didn't give in. I agree with Prowler everybody should get to Norlunga next Saturday to get behind this South Adelaide Team they are showing some great spirit and genuine commitment. Sure there are a few rough edges, but skill level can be worked on and improved. Committed however comes from the heart and this footy team has a good one.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:47 am

Was a frustrating game to watch. We did well to match the Dogs around the ball and we certainly had our chances in front of goal, but lacked the same polish as the hosts. Thought N. Daniel was our best, probably his best game for a season and a half.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Nathan put in a ripper yesterday, I wonder if the shackles have been taken off the players to let them concentrate on playing football like they know they can. Playing all these structures and patterns and running on and off at call cannot be good for their confidence and team stability, As I said in my previous post leave Crabb at CHF all day it will be a winner for us.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Crabby has been good value at CHF in recent weeks BUT he has to make the most of his opportunities. Cant keep kicking 0.2 or 0.3, especially in tight games.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Liked N Daniel's game also alot to like about Kerin from Nwd previously I believe?

Negatives: Injury to Eddy, kicking for goal & disposal particularly to the fwds.....& our terrible record of ongoing losses against Central & also at the Pondarossa!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:11 pm

i thought we did play pretty well, as has been said our disposal efficiency was a little bit ordinary. Putting our own players under pressure by our poor disposal. I always thought we were a chance until it blew out to 5 goals in the last 1/4. i don't know the final count but i would suspect we had more inside 50 but couldn't convert.

One thing i found a huge difference between the 2 teams was the workrate. when we were in possesion Centrals manned up quickly; however a lot had to do with a slow movement of the ball; when centrals had possesion their ability to spread and find space was far better a quick inside 50 for a score.

i also thought our players did negate the effect of the usuall doggie suspects ie Boyd, Callinan and Symes i thought they had little impact on the game.

i am now really annoyed sturt beat port. i really hope we can beat the Gays at home, unable to make it go ye panfers.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Best of luck to Brett Eddy with his recovery from his ankle injury - hopefully only 3-4 weeks, but we're running out of games for he and Keegan Brooksby to get back this season.
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum