Great to see Jake Veide back.
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Re: North away

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:59 pm

FINAL SCORE
North 26:11-167
South 8:14-62

Hard day at the office & huge reality check for all concerned!
North are a quality outfit, far superior skills & a class above us.
Felt sorry for the small band of South Supporters there, at the 3rd quarter time huddle, players & supporters looked broken.
Where to from here? All 3 grades comprehensively beaten.
What plan does the club have to instill any hope to its members & supporters?
On today's performance we look even farther away from success than I had hoped.....but how much more pain do we have to endure?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Dreadful performance. Embarassed

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Scoreboard tells the story.
We were weak, insipid and disinterested.
Players played with no pride in their own performance and no pride in the jumper.
North were good but not that good, we were unaccountable and not willing to chase or stick a tackle.
Our skills were that of a B grade country team and we gifted North perhaps 8 goals from turnovers.
Cant think of anyone who won their position, the likes of Cross and Liddle were smashed everytime they got near the footy and often when they were not-No flag flying or remonstrating with the offenders; no -just bent over the kitchen table and took it.
This long time supporter is running thin on patience.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Poor effort and simply not good enough!
North are a very good team and make ordinary opposition like us look stupid!!
Yes the last month has been encouraging but that's its, just ENCOURAGING! Not hard enough, did not run hard enough and the skill set that was on show today would not beat a top reserves side!
Hats off to Caleb Daniel for again showing how good he is and will be in the future! He managed to hit targets while some of his team mates could not kick a cat if it were right in front of them!!!
Why was Bass playing reserves???
We've matched last years wins this year but we have gone backwards again! No potency upfront, over use the ball and continually turn the ball over!
Until the players use the ball to a decent standard we will no way in hell play finals, and if they can't find some that can.
Brooksby, C.Daniel, and to a lesser extent Fields and Seccul the positives from this season and for the future.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Have seen many bad performances over the years, todays rates right up there amongst the best(or worst) of them.
We were out played all over the ground, we tried hard but when the hard work was needed to be done we looked for the soft way out.
The coaching department have to come up with some sort of cohesive game plan that can be transferred all the way up and down the line, at the moment it appears that our 3 grades all do their own thing and their own way...or are the playing groups not clever enough to understand and carry it out.
To be honest with all on here the club is loosing my interest this year and I am now finding it a real chore to get myself off to the footy each week, unless there is a real honest improvement all the way down the line, my usual Saturdays will be spent doing something more useful and entertaining than than following a bunch of losers.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Prowler I suspect you are not alone here, & the Club should be addressing this as a matter of urgency, as support/membership underpins its survival; My wife reckons after today, shell never go again! My 7 year old asked why do the Panthers always lose?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Had a Gut full
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Goal of the year

Post by the prowler on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:35 pm

How about the goal that Wunk's kicked in the last quarter, I have not seen anything like that in all my days of watching football.

Football is about making your own luck, he certainly did that.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Just about done here .... Rapidly losing faith and interest after watching that today.

Why do we bother when you can tell players don't or coaching panel are out of ideas.

Think ill have my weekends back ! Sad

Disgusting performance today !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 am

First term was reasonable after the first 5 mins. Gifted the Roosters 2 or 3 goals early in the second after fiddling around with the footy at half forward, turning it over, and then getting torched going the other way. The third term was downright embarrassing, with a complete lack of pressure applied to the North midfielders who waltzed inside 50 like it was a training run. By the forth term I was just waiting to go home and lost any real interest in the game. I guess the goal to Wundke was something you don’t see every week. North’s foot skills were excellent, albeit under little pressure at times. Chalk and cheese when compared to ours.

Concerning when a 17yo midget (with all due respect) playing his 6th or 7th game can show up the rest of his senior team mates when it comes to pressuring the opposition and using the ball with some poise and confidence.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Match Report
It is hard to defend our effort against North on Sunday.
It is also hard to comprehend where that effort came from, given our encouraging form over the past month.
It is a question we now have to ponder for a fortnight as we have a bye this week but it is hoped that we all rediscover some of the competitiveness we lacked, when we resume.

Some of the footy was good but the defensive game we had been a lot better at recently went out the door.

We just didn’t work hard when we didn’t have the ball and North had it 346 times, which rightly suggests they had a big win.

We won our share of hitouts and clearances but it was when the ball went forward for us, that North worked hard to get the ball back.
The performance of Caleb Daniel, who has just turned 17, was outstanding.

He wanted to get the ball but did work hard to get it back as well as showing a lot of leadership with his direction.
Unfortunately he didn’t have  a lot of support which was the great shame.
Keegan Brooksby in his first game back from injury, Xavier Gotch and Jake Veide, on his return to the league team, deserve a mention too for not giving up.
We will take the chance to freshen up now as it was round 2 when we had our last official bye.
As I mentioned it is important to get some fight back and finish the season off positively.
Ron Fuller.

Why is there no fight Ron?  Why has there been little fight all season.....glad to see Caleb Daniel acknowledged
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Bring on 2014 and a host of changes with it!!!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Just been looking at the members numbers on this forum. Since the end of Sundays match, 34 forum members have looked at the comments made about our very, very, poor performance. There has only been 13 comments made with 7 being made by 3 forum writers.

I find it hard to understand why us SOUTH supporters are not prepared to make some sort of noise on this forum and get some answers from the Board, as usual a lot of us whinge and bitch amongst ourselves, but are not prepared to make a noise to the people who run the club.

Let it be known that the Club does read this forum and as it sees there is no fight from our supporters, it rests on its heels and believes that harmony is out in Panther land. What is needed is for YOU the members to get up from your slumber and start making a LOUD noise , that you are not happy. I can tell you all that 13 people on here who show some passion about our Club gets scant notice from our leaders.

I also read the coaches after match report on the club website, that report is about as insipid as his coaching has been for the better part of this year, softly, softly, don't want to upset anyone.

Those who make the effort to go each week are at the point where it is now becoming a heart breaking journey, have to be rewarded by a group of players that are willing to fly the flag.

This can all be turned around, but not by the few loyals that are prepared to make a noise in the hope something happens.

Last edited by the prowler on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting errors)
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Well said Prowler.

What disappoints me is the lack of accountability from the club ATM.

There seems to be a real lack of communication between management and members. I really thought this was going to change when Fuller started in the job. Nothing really seems transparent anymore and everything is very "hush hush".

We seem to accept mediocrity still...even after all the promises and letters spilled out from the club year after year....hell, I have a draw full of them. !

There are only a few people that are game enough to raise their hand and do something but year after year nothing changes.

The match report was very soft........but no one dare question it.

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:56 am

Prowler i kinda disagree, i reckon the information and communication the club makes through facebook is excellent, if you're not on facebook then you are missing out. Also i thought the clubs response to our earlier capitulation and a couple a players leaving was good in both the immediate response and the nature of the correspondence to the members from both CEO and Board.This was further supported by the determined month of good united football that followed (goodness knows what happened on Sunday against North!).

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Bit, confusing prowler, not enough communication, yet you complain you have a draw full of letters? I agree with darley, great communication from club and Ron each week about the game. Just wish this weeks stuff had a differant score on it.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Good to get your feedback on how you see things, I don't have an axe to grind with your thoughts. I don't do Facebook or Big Brother for that matter, I do keep an eye on the clubs website most weeks and catch up on Ron's reports, its just that after the promise shown recently and then to go down 100+ points again was pretty lame I thought. Growl, I cant see where I had a draw full of letters, don't know where you got that line from.

Any way see you all after the Bye.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:36 am

sorry meant Panther 74 - complaining about both not enough communication AND to many letters!
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am

If the club wants some honest feed back here it is. We are a joke of a club and not respected by any other club in the comp. We are virtually irrelevant and if South dropped out of the league no one from other clubs would give a rats.
Now to put up with performances like the North result and simple accept it is weak minded!!!!!
Also the theory of not holding the coach accountable because previous coaches were sacked is pathetic. 4 years into a coaching tenure and all grades getting smashed which other club would accept that???
To keep Ron would be irresponsible and I believe we need a young coach recently retired from the AFL is knows the.modern game and relates to young people. All could be worthless anyway when AFL reserves come in and our part time players get smashed by full time athletes!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 am

Panther Pack wrote:If the club wants some honest feed back here it is. We are a joke of a club and not respected by any other club in the comp. We are virtually irrelevant and if South dropped out of the league no one from other clubs would give a rats.
Now to put up with performances like the North result and simple accept it is weak minded!!!!!
Also the theory of not holding the coach accountable because previous coaches were sacked is pathetic. 4 years into a coaching tenure and all grades getting smashed which other club would accept that???
To keep Ron would be irresponsible and I believe we need a young coach recently retired from the AFL is knows the.modern game and relates to young people. All could be worthless anyway when AFL reserves come in and our part time players get smashed by full time athletes!!!!!

I believe its not only the coach....but the hierarchy have a lot to answer for here!
And I am all for unity/can do/visionary (And all the fuzzy terms the club spouts off about)....but enoughs...enough....we can't continue like this.
I've heard through inclub sources there will be a number of quality players looking elsewhere, if things don't change.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Based on this years performances, I think we need to turn a few players over
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:14 pm

The Growl wrote:Based on this years performances, I think we need to turn a few players over

Yes agree changes required here, but conversely I don't think we can afford to lose any of our main & consistent contributors?....particularly if they decide to leave.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:32 pm

The Growl wrote:Based on this years performances, I think we need to turn a few players over

Oh yeah turn over again ... How many times have we done this !Rolling Eyes 

We have a great reputation of doing this !

Growl , get your management hat off mate and look at the comments on this forum.  

We are a joke ATM and I don't want another 50 years of it !

Last edited by Panther74 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 pm

We won't exist in 50 years they way we are travelling!!!! Tell u what if the club votes Yes to allow Crows reserves in then we get smashed by them I will love to hear how the club justifies having voted yes.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum