AFL reserves teams proposal.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: AFL reserves teams proposal.

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:42 pm

I wonder if the club would offer a membership option to the supporters that does not include the Crows games. So instead of 10 home games offer a 8 home game option so those supporters who didn't want the crows in the league don't have to pay extra in the memberships.
Reckon it would be a good option to keep members like myself.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:39 pm

6-2. South and Centrals voted no. Trigg will go back on his unanimous demand. All class AFC. Olsen no better.

Very proud of the club's stance on the matter, but feel guttered at the thought of what may come of the league.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I was going to walk away from the SANFL if South voted yes. I am disappointed that the crows will be in the league next season but I am so proud of the South Adelaide Football club for listening to its members and voting No.
I will be renewing my membership for 2014 and continue to support the Panthers well done South.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 pm

As I said earlier....Dark, Dark days.... I feel we are now standing at the top of a slippery dip and about to wave goodbye to the SANFL as we and generations before us have known.
This is a very sad day.

I believe worse is to come....imagine the feeling when South,one of 2 inaugural clubs in the sanfl and now bereft of a premiership for 50 years (and all the misery associated with that), is defeated by the Crows reserves in the AFLSA (because thats what it will be called in a few years) ...Grand final. A crows reserves team that has a salary cap 250 times the one that we operate on.... We feel sad now but I assure you what we feel now will be nothing compared to that!

Like others I vented my spleen to the club Ceo and a couple of board members a few weeks ago..re this issue. I said that if it went ahead I was gone....

However....!!
at the moment I have never ,ever felt more proud of the South Adelaide Football Club than I do now. To be one of the 2 clubs to vote against the proposal, under what I expect was a lot of pressure..for the club to stand on its dig and vote with its conscience on an issue and not cave in to the whims of an AFL mega club is very commendable. I congratulate the board and our League director Peter Alexander on the way they have handled this matter on the clubs behalf.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:45 pm

blueandwhite wrote:As I said earlier....Dark, Dark days.... I feel we are now standing at the top of a slippery dip and about to wave goodbye to the SANFL as we and generations before us have known.
This is a very sad day.

I believe worse is to come....imagine the feeling when South,one of 2 inaugural clubs in the sanfl and now bereft of a premiership for 50 years (and all the misery associated with that), is defeated by the Crows reserves in the AFLSA (because thats what it will be called in a few years) ...Grand final. A crows reserves team that has a salary cap 250 times the one that we operate on.... We feel sad now but I assure you what we feel now will be nothing compared to that!

Like others I vented my spleen to the club Ceo and a couple of board members a few weeks ago..re this issue. I said that if it went ahead I was gone....

However....!!
at the moment I have never ,ever felt more proud of the South Adelaide Football Club than I do now. To be one of the 2 clubs to vote against the proposal, under what I expect was a lot of pressure..for the club to stand on its dig and vote with its conscience on an issue and not cave in to the whims of an AFL mega club is very commendable. I congratulate the board and our League director Peter Alexander on the way they have handled this matter on the clubs behalf.
Well said Blue and White and once again great stuff South Adelaide u have made your supporters so proud.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 pm

As I said on safooty.net...

A theme for "The Six"

One for Trigg and his cronies
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Why is Denis Leary's Asshole coming to mind right now?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 am

Emailed Evan this morning congratulating the club on voting No will be there on Sunday supporting the boys and can't wait to renew my membership for next season. South stood tall when others fell over!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 am

I too emailed the club and said well done on a solid and united stance, we all should, and we all should continue to be very proud of club.

As i posted above now it's here let's still support the SANFL and our great club and see what the future brings. If you want to boycott a club or competition the do what i do, no more Crows games for me..EVER! If you're looking for a villain in all this look no further than the AFL and the Adelaide Football Club, club for all South Australians? Not any more and not for this blue Panther!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:22 am

Yes well done South at least we have some integrity and the club management listened to its members and certainly won't lose any as I suspect others might.
I sincerely hope that it will not be as bad for us as it seems but I can't see how. I will not go the games against the crows and am becoming very disenchanted with them.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

Emailed evan to. The whole situation has had a foul aroma from the beginning. At least we have shown we have a set of balls.....pissweak by the other clubs. Ill still attend games vs crows 2nds and anyone who turns up to support them will be told in no uncertain terms what I think.
ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:29 am

I have just emailed Evan thanking him for the strength and integrity to listen to the members and vote accordingly. I am very proud member of SAFC and this will not do our membership numbers any harm.
There are many other SANFL club supporters who lauding us and Centrals for standing up against big brother.
My next decision is whether to continue to support AFC. I hope I never meet Trigg - for his sake.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:43 pm

B&W63 wrote:I have just emailed Evan thanking him for the strength and integrity to listen to the members and vote accordingly. I am very proud member of SAFC and this will not do our membership numbers any harm.
There are many other SANFL club supporters who lauding us and Centrals for standing up against big brother.
My next decision is whether to continue to support AFC. I hope I never meet Trigg - for his sake.
Don't know how you could support the crows after this treason that they have pulled off!!

Bastard of a decision. !!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:38 am

Interesting to note that reading the Norwood fan forum their members are livid at their Club's change of direction. It appears that they were offered significant bribes (eg removal of recruiting sanctions etc) to secure their vote. Thank God South Adelaide has real integrity. I hope all the dirty laundry is displayed, but I feel it will be hidden away from prying eyes.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:21 am

Yeah some of the "alleged" events of Thursday night are quite concerning but not surprising. Evil or Very Mad

Meanwhile..

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/one-sanfl-president-stalked-justice-like-a-panther/story-fnia3nqh-1226698775789

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:51 am

from todays edition of Ruperts rag..even more surprisingly penned by Michelangelo Rucci..

One SANFL president stalked justice like a Panther

SOUTH Adelaide Football Club president Andrew Luckhurst-Smith deserves a medal. He is the symbol of integrity in the now fully compromised SANFL.

Luckhurst-Smith stood before his members and sponsors weeks ago vowing to vote against the Adelaide Football Club's proposal to enter an AFL-loaded Crows reserves team in the SANFL. He took on Adelaide chairman Rob Chapman about the "top-up" system that next year has the Crows borrow players from its SANFL rivals when injuries deny Peter Jonas the 21 he needs on the field.

Luckhurst-Smith found it too rich for Adelaide to wish for all its AFL players to be in one clubhouse for a season, but the same courtesy will not apply to SANFL players.

And he did not buckle to the Crows' empty threat that they would only accept a unanimous vote from the eight league directors on the reserves debate settled at West Lakes on Thursday night.

Luckhurst-Smith stood on a principle. Unlike another SANFL club president, he did not "sell out" under the threat of a club sponsor vowing to remove his coin if the Crows did not get a reserves team.

In contrast to some of his colleagues, Luckhurst-Smith did not shape his vote on the fear of being sacked by his members at the ballot box at the next annual meeting.

He challenged the Crows to deliver a far-better proposal than the "top-up" system that defines hypocrisy.

Luckhurst-Smith saw through the massive flaws in a Crows proposal that secured support at the SANFL directors' table through threats (such as Adelaide saying it would join the SA Amateur League), untested promises (such as the Crows delivering 4000 fans to its games) and the bright lights of commercial television.

And now Luckhurst-Smith should be empowered to right a massive wrong.

He should chair the SANFL working party to clean up the loose ends from Thursday night's gun-loaded vote, in particular the unsatisfactory "top-up" system.

Every problem is a solution in disguise. And this one is not so difficult to clean up. It requires Adelaide - and its AFL colleague Port Adelaide - to have no reliance on an SANFL club to deliver its "top-up" players as need (from injuries or suspension) dictates.

This responsibility rests at West Lakes (and Alberton when the Power falls into line).

The Adelaide Football Club should set up an under-18 academy. The Crows would find 30-35 teenagers, offer them scholarships at Peter Jonas' academy at West Lakes and always play for the Crows - either in the SANFL under-18 series or the SANFL league competition.

At 18, they are returned to the SANFL club they are residentially tied to; or drafted to the AFL; or move to community football in the amateur or country leagues or go backpacking in Chile.

But at least in 2014 they will be part of just one football club - rather than shunt between an SANFL club and the Crows at West Lakes.

If the Crows believe being at two clubs in one season is no good for its professional AFL players' development, it should not ask the same burden be placed on the shoulders of semi-pro SANFL footballers aged between 18-22.

The task of "topping up" the Crows reserves team rests with the Adelaide Football Club, not the SANFL clubs.

The benefits of the academy system are immense. The Crows' commitment to the SANFL and grassroots football would be stronger - and genuine.

The strain on the SANFL clubs would be minimised. The "integrity" of the SANFL competition would stand on a stronger foundation, particularly on Magarey Medal night when no player should be caught between two loyalties - his true SANFL club and the makeshift Crows reserves team.

The SA Football Commission has six weeks to clean up a mess that currently has three different models in the SANFL in 2014 - the Crows with borrowed SANFL players, the Power with AFL players farmed out to SANFL rivals and eight SANFL clubs lending and borrowing players on a week-by-week basis.

Well Done SAFC:) 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Luckhurst-Smith stood before his members and sponsors weeks ago vowing to vote against the Adelaide Football Club's proposal to enter an AFL-loaded Crows reserves team in the SANFL.

Did Luckhurst-Smith make this statement 'weeks ago' or did he make this statement on Aug 6 at the information night for members?

When asked from the floor when would South Adelaide make its decision be known to the members, L-S said, "The board has not yet met to make a decision, we are going up stairs to discuss this further when tonight's gathering is finished". Dont quote me word for word, but that was pretty close to what he said..

Or was something mentioned at another time after 6 Aug?
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:30 pm

To the Prowler I spoke to Andrew told me Michelangelo article was a beat up stirring the pot there was no other meeting where he has stood up in front of the members
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:49 pm

On another note at our members forum at the club a man spoke we might only get 700 people at a crows reserves match in the middle of winter I thought to myself boy it could happen with any team we play I recond we got close to it at todays game against Port Adelaide even with the club telling us to show our support
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Think you will find that"trickytriggy" has stated that the crows reserves would drag in 4000 at their sanfl games........Mad Mad 

not sure hes ever been to Noarlunga on a day like today.!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:08 am

paul wrote:To the Prowler I spoke to Andrew told me Michelangelo  article was a beat up stirring the pot there was no other meeting where he has stood up in front of the members
Of course it was Paul, as I said at the information night, I would not believe one word Rucci writes, he is only full of his own importance, which relates to SFA.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 pm

The strong word is the Magpies are dead. To be sacrificed tomorrow so the Power can fulfil their desire to have the latest fad, a "support" side as Olsen and co call them. Sickening. Mad

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Disgraceful !!

Sad thing is no one is prepared to DO anything about it !!! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Peter Alexander said at the information meeting that the Magpies would be finished by the end of 2014 and not be in the comp in 2015.

Looks like all this that is happening now has been in the planning stage ever since Port Adelaide became One Club or before.

There were many things not disclosed to the footy followers at the time, even PAFC loyal supporters were kept in the dark as to what lay ahead, getting the One Club together was just a side track for what has been pushed by the Power and the Crows.

It may be disgraceful P74 with no one prepared to do anything about it. I was like a well planned ambush, strike, damage, depart with minimal losses.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum