Will people be annoyed if the Crows Reserves beat South

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will people be annoyed if the Crows Reserves beat South

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 pm

I am really concerned people are underestimating the Crows Reserves in the SANFL I actually think they will have a point to prove if they get in to show they are worthy of being in the competition.

In the VFL Port Melbourne currently sit 5th on the ladder with 4 AFL reserves sides are above them.
With all due respect to South I would probably say Port Melbourne are a stronger state league club than us.

I think it is a real possibility that the Crows will be quite good possible a top 3 or 4 team and given the level of professionalism in the AFL they will only improve and the gap will widen.

So my question will people be annoyed if the Crows Reserves beat us????

Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Will people be annoyed if the Crows Reserves beat South

Post by paul on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

No im used to every other club having the wood on us bar Glenelg; you have to have a thick skin if you follow South we don't have a winning record against any club
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:06 pm

True Paul but at lease we have equal salary cap with those other clubs. Or should we now just concede it will be another club better than us.
Maybe I just need to accept it but will the 400 members keep signing up when the Crows will have a unfair advantage via the salary cap!!!!!
Maybe the SANFL should scrap the salary cap and have an EPL setup if u got the coin u have a chance!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:19 pm

The obvious answer to that is YES, and the obverse is we will be over joyed when we beat them.

All this is going to depend on injuries to the AFL sides, which of course we really don't care about, unless you are a Crows or Power supporter.

Lets say it it is Round 1. South and the Crows or the Power are all at full strength and no player is out with an injury. If we were to win, then all will be forgotten as celebrations take over, say we were to lose by less than a goal in the dying minute of play, we would be pleased that we had a side that was going to be competitive for the rest of the season, and worst case, if we went down by 50 points or more then we would all be at the throats of the Board for allowing the Club for these teams enter our competition.

My biggest concerns are, when we lose all touch with AFL players that have been mini-drafted, where are we going to get the replacements from, because they are not going to come through our system, players from other SANFL clubs are going to be hard to find, as the other 8 SANFL clubs are going to lose all their AFL listed players to either the Crows or Power. Getting quality players from SA metro or country, the VFL or Vic country or the WAFL or NEAFL or anywhere else, to come to a lowly club in our competition is going to be one tough ask.

The other thing is we cannot tell at what level the VFL clubs standards are like, as when the Foxtel Cup matches are played neither of the sides from SA or Vic put in full strength sides, they are put together with hopefuls and some who may show some promise, while a few of the better payers are rested.

All of these questions have to have answers for it to be a success.

My own gut feeling is that it will work, each SANFL club will make it work, clubs may lose a few members at first, but they will come back, more kids will attend the footy and follow both a SANFL and a Crows or Power team, and life will go on as sure as night falls and the sun rises the next day.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:55 pm

To Panther Pack look at the funny side when we got busted for going over the salary cap we stilled finished bottom our four hundred members like me diehards just pay anyway but boy would id be happy if we won it might make my year
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:04 pm

I wont be at the game out of principle, but I would feel sick if we ever lost to a "reserves" team in our (formerly?) great SANFL comp, especially if the likes of Hourigan are running around in a Crows jumper against us. Wrong on so many levels..

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:05 pm

paul wrote:To Panther Pack look at the funny side when we got busted for going over the salary cap we stilled finished bottom our four hundred members like me diehards just pay anyway but boy would id be happy if we won it might make my year
yes Paul, you are like the rest of us, we will all be back next year, pay our money and hope that things improve.

Nothing would please us more than if South could put a competitive 18 on the ground each week and finish in the top four for the next five years or more and then be able to have a red hot crack at the title.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 am

Will people be annoyed if the Crows reserves beat South..?

...IF....??Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 am

yeah was trying to leave it as an option. I'm really concerned that given we can't beat other part time teams a full time team will be almost impossible!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum