Team for 2014 Season

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team for 2014 Season

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Does anyone know if Liddle, Cross & Wundke are signed on for next season?

I don't want to see a mass exodus of our good players and I think these 3 players are vital to us moving forward. Players like Caleb Daniel really benefit having Liddle and Cross around.

We still need a CHB and also a full back with Hartigan no longer with us for 2014. Not sure if Fields can hold down a key back position but at the very least we require 1 monster defender.

Small forward is another area we currently struggle with and although Rolfey will be back next season I would like to see him get some midfield minutes he is so skilful and seems to have so much time I think he could really add depth there.

Also where to for players like Thewlis and Murphy they seem to be really struggling at the mo.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Team for 2014 Season

Post by the prowler on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:41 pm

A change of scenery or a change of coach will make all the difference next year.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:58 pm

the prowler wrote:A change of scenery or a change of coach will make all the difference next year.
Prowler r u saying if Ron is not there next year we are more likely to keep Liddle, Cross and Wundke?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:45 am

I wonder if Brogan wants to return to his old club in some coaching capacity - he has made it clear he wants to coach.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
the prowler wrote:A change of scenery or a change of coach will make all the difference next year.
Prowler r u saying if Ron is not there next year we are more likely to keep Liddle, Cross and Wundke?

I think, and its only my thoughts that Wundke and Liddle will still be there, Cross is no certainty and of course others will be moved on or given permanent places in the reserves, and if they are not, then next year will be more of the same as this year.

the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:10 am

the prowler wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
I think, and its only my thoughts that Wundke and Liddle will still be there, Cross is no certainty and of course others will be moved on or given permanent places in the reserves, and if they are not, then next year will be more of the same as this year.

I guess the question is should Ron be moved on I personally believe for our club to move forward he should! Maybe we can take the $50 grand from the Crows to pay him out!!!
What do u think Prowler should we move Ron on???
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30 pm

I will put it this way.

If this is the team that Ron wanted at the beginning of the year and we finish up in 8th position, does anyone really think he should see out his contract.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Frankly I don't have a problem with Ron as a coach - but the game plan needs a major overhaul. We have lost the ability to play attacking creative football through the corridor. The switches are painfully slow and generally show a lack of confidence in creating plays that can mimic the Hawthorn / Geelong  style. The players will tell you that the playing group are as good as any SANFL club ... But we are not maximising the talent. Remember 2014 will be our next premiership ... The signs were there in 1963 - but we finished 8th. The 1964 transition will happen ! Donald Neil ... Where r u ? Twisted Evil 
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:28 am

Panthers64 wrote:Frankly I don't have a problem with Ron as a coach - but the game plan needs a major overhaul. We have lost the ability to play attacking creative football through the corridor. The switches are painfully slow and generally show a lack of confidence in creating plays that can mimic the Hawthorn / Geelong  style. The players will tell you that the playing group are as good as any SANFL club ... But we are not maximising the talent. Remember 2014 will be our next premiership ... The signs were there in 1963 - but we finished 8th. The 1964 transition will happen ! Donald Neil ... Where r u ? Twisted Evil 
You say you are okay with Ron as coach but you want him to change his game plan???

I'm sure Ron is a good bloke and all but if after 4 years if the best he can do for the club is take us to 8th spot what makes you think anything will be any different for next season???
His game plan is rubbish and its obvious he isn't getting the most out of the players.

Prediction Ron stays and players will leave!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:38 am

If we keep the players AND change the game plan success will come. Ultra defensive play will not win matches and will put off supporters. I see it as the challenge for Ron and whatever new coaching staff are there for 2014 to focus on play strategies over all else. We have paid for Ron in 2014 and frankly throwing away $100k is emotional rubbish we cannot afford. Coaches & strategies CAN change.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 am

I've been hoping for the past 2 years he would change his game plan and so far the evidence is he hasnt changed it. Thought maybe he might have after the 100 point flogging we have copped but unfortunately it stayed the same.
Every week Ron allows opposition to play with loose men in defense. I hope you are right 64 but 4 years he has been the same and supporters are losing patience. Crowd numbers down and membership numbers down, people are not coming!!!!
Average losing margin is around 10 goals similar to 2009.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:06 pm

The style of play at the moment is way inferior to previous seasons! To play as we are means the coach has no faith in their ability as it crap!
Remember when we could actually watch us run the ball with quick movement? We need run out of defence badly. The ball gets chipped around and ultimately turned over so often it's not funny! The one positive with adelaides reserves team coming in is we won't lose much at all, only Hartigan.
What on earth has happened to Thewlis and Murphy????? I can't believe they are the same players!! They have had their worst seasons ever!!!!! Why??????
We miss Rolfe terribly and I hate say it Ainger to a lesser degree.
I truly hope 2014 is a much better year for us but for that to happen something seriously big has to happen at our club. For far to long we have underachieved and its time for something positive to happen!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey Panther Magic when u say something big has to happen what exactly do u mean?
I'm genuinely interested to know what other supporters think needs to happen for us to improve.

Cheers Panther Pack.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 am

Agree PM we are unable to run out of defence well, and breakdown at half forward with poor delivery into forward 50 from midfield. We do not utilise our own oval and I believe its mainly because our skills under pressure aren't good enough and whatever system the players are playing to is too easily thwarted by opposition teams.
As coach Ron has to be accountable for him and his staff getting the best out his players the players - he said he was happy with the squad at the start of the season, perhaps Ron is too old for this caper.
Its great to see Caleb Daniel and Veide as locals playing well but why isn't Hourigan playing league ? Why do many of our players seem out of form disinterested or unable to back up Liddle Brooksby and Wundke? They don't seem to enjoy their footy.
Something has to be done from the top down we look the same as we did during those many bad seasons years ago.
We need some changes for 2014 to be an improvement.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Panther pack its not going to be easy but something has to happen!
2013 has been woeful, 5 wins thus far, an average losing margin of around seven goals, players going backwards and very few improving, players leaving the club and falling attendances.
Not much good to pick out of that!
The buck has to stop with coaching group be it fair or not.
So next season unless we manage to recruit some seriously good players looks bleak!
In summary I believe the coaching group has failed in 2012 and 2013 so the choice is up to the club to make! I suppose its easy for me to sit on the sidelines picking out falts that' maybe only I believe but that's how I've seen it wrong or right!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Agree with those thoughts wonder if the club can do what is needed to be done.

Doubt the club will hand out another 5 year contract for along time!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me which players are signed for next season?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm

News Flash to panther fans!! Old boy Ronnie Fuller don't have no game plan, if he does it from yesteryear and he has no understanding of the way the game is played by succesful teams now days.....
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:25 pm

JJH wrote:News Flash to panther fans!! Old boy Ronnie Fuller don't have no game plan, if he does it from yesteryear and he has no understanding of the way the game is played by succesful teams now days.....
JJH we know mate been saying the same thing myself all year.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Yes pm, you are on the money the only place we can recruit good players from is over the border, which means any locals with talent will not get a chance, or if we do get some locals, it will take 3 years plus for them to pick up the pace from local level to SANFL level.

I have said it before, we have barely 7 players that any other club in the SANFL would be interested in.

Time for Ron to be moved on but whatever is done DO NOT appoint someone like Mickan we need to go ahead.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 am

South should seriously have a crack at trying to get Kory Beard from the Magpies. With all the uncertainty going on down the Port and us requiring a CHB it would be a perfect fit.
Also don't mind that Sam Gray fella the club should also have a go at him!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Gray beard and summerton would be very handy!!!!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Anybody else hearing Kory Beard will be playing for us next season?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Anybody else hearing Kory Beard will be playing for us next season?
Heard that rumour last year too.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:02 pm

Well with Port all but gone he will be looking for a team for next season!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:10 am

Have noticed no announcements yet regarding players re-signing with the club.
Is it just a case of players waiting to see who the new coach is or should I brace myself for a mass exit of players?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum