HF: Gotch, Eddy, Hourigan
C: Cross, Seccull, Murphy
HB: Redigolo, De Visser, S. Taylor
B: N. Daniel, Giddings, Thewlis

R: Brooksby, Liddle, Veide
INT: Beilby, Bass, Kerin, McKay, Ah Chee
IN: Seccull, Gotch, Hourigan, Giddings, Bass, McKay
OUT: Fields (hamstring), Crabb (finger), Cailotto, Schwarz

Good to see Hourigan finally get a run in the league team in what could be his last game for the club. Will be interesting to see the response from the players this week. Cobby to coach the team apparently.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: Final game v Sturt

Post by prowler on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:36 pm

It would have been nice to be a fly on the wall in selection today.

Wonder how the team would have differed had Ron still been at the helm

Cobbys a good bloke, I wish him well on Sunday, I know I have said my cue is in the rack for this year, but with the black ball sitting over the pocket, I might just have to pot it.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Well that was a nice way to round out the weekend! Cool Wiping the floor with Sturt is almost as good as beating Glenelg!

Final Score League
SOUTH ADELAIDE: 15.12-102
defeated
STURT: 13.12-90

After match presentations will be held at The Tonsley Hotel from 6:30pm.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:28 pm

It was a good way to finish off a very disappointing season.

I was not there, from what I heard South always looked like they came to play football today

Very pleased for the players and Cobby, he will have a broad grin tonight.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Very good win you could tell in the first 5 minutes we were here to play Darcy Hourigan was very good one wonders how he has played more reserves games than league this year
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Great to finish a disappointing season on a positive note.
Something to build on for 2014.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:44 pm

My safooty post:

Quite a good game to watch today, with some decent weather helping for a change. Honours fairly even in the 1st term before the blues made most of the breeze in the 2nd, jumping out to a 5 goal lead. Their transition from defence to attack was very good at times. A few late goals before half time kept South in the contest. The 3rd term belonged to the visitors, as we started to get on top in the middle and began to convert our chances in-front of goals after some wayward kicking early. Ditto in the 4th, the lead out to 4 goals at one point before Sturt made a late charge.

Liked the games of Liddle and Murphy in the middle, while Redigolo and the unsung Giddings were good in defence. Wundke could have kicked 8 had his kicking boot been on. Hourigan showed he will be a player. As is the case when you win, most guys did their bit.

Jeansch probably Sturt's best. Stephens looks a good type, and Calabrese got a lot of it but mucked around with it at times.

Pleasing to see South "take the game on" and play some positive footy, as opposed to some of the zig-zag crap we've dished up most of this season.

Reasonable crowd, and there seemed to be heaps of kids running around which was good.

So that ends a (another) wasted year for my club. Tellingly 5 of 6 wins came against either Sturt or the Bays, which suggests we've got a long way to go to be a finals contender next season.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 am

Didn't get to the game but it was good that South won and avoided the Spoon. Happy for the Latte sippers from the Bay to grab another.

Quick question for those that went to the game, what position did Thewlis play? Looking at the stats he got more touches yesterday than he has for a long time.

I  must admit at the start of the season I thought he would play back all year and lead the backline so have been surprised he has played forward for alot of the year.

Also Taylor seemed to get plenty of ball did he play in the middle or in backlines?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:56 am

Well done to the boys. I was all set to go until I realised the game was on Sunday - Fathers Day! What was wrong with Saturday?Rolling Eyes
Thanks Saintal for the précis. Glad that Hourigan played well and some fighting spirit returned to the team. Good finish and no wooden spoon! Very Happy 
Still another disappointing season and looking forward to next year again ....

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 pm

paul wrote:Very good win you could tell in the first 5 minutes we were here to play Darcy Hourigan was very good one wonders how he has played more reserves games than league this year
One wonders a lot about selection this year.

However as we are not there all the time and watch them train etc, who are we to select?
Very Happy 
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 am

Disappointed I couldnt make it to the game...Fathers Day is not a good day!!! however
great to see the boys react to a tumultuous week with a stirring win and hopefully it augurs well for 2014.
Evidently I am told we played with pride and passion for the jumper.....I wonder where that same pride and passion was in the preceding weeks..?? yes Mr Fuller had his faults but perhaps the playing group needs to take some responsibilty for a dismal 2013.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Didn't get to the game but it was good that South won and avoided the Spoon. Happy for the Latte sippers from the Bay to grab another.

Quick question for those that went to the game, what position did Thewlis play? Looking at the stats he got more touches yesterday than he has for a long time.

I  must admit at the start of the season I thought he would play back all year and lead the backline so have been surprised he has played forward for alot of the year.

Also Taylor seemed to get plenty of ball did he play in the middle or in backlines?
Thewlis played across halfback as did Taylor. Thewlis like most players were able to push forward as we played more directly.Both sides moved the ball quicker forward, assisted by the smaller ground and go forward mentality.

Giddings and De Visser played the key two roles in defence and to be honest, I thought they did by well. This of course helps to free up Thewlis. Loved Darths game on Hurley, keeping him quiet. Unsociable at its best.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Cheers Doc appreciate it.

Have always thought Thewlis plays his best in the backlines and great to hear the other lads played well.

I'm a big believer that if you get your back 6 set and settled then you can build a team from there!!! Hopefully we can do this for next season.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum