Now is the time for South to change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now is the time for South to change

Post by darley16 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Given all the history changing events that are taking place in the SANFL that will change our competition forever as from next year now is the right time for our club to update and change our profile to reflect this new era and our location. I am a rusted on died in the wool South supporter however we need to change to better reflect who and where we are and at the same time get rid of the negative baggage this sits like a millstone around our collective necks.

Therefore i would like the club to ask the members that as from next year we become "South Adelaide Football Club Inc trading as The South Coast Panthers". Same colours, of course, the jumper can stay very similar just add a big "C" for coast (eg like Carlton jumper) and we will be known as South Coast similar to the Footscray FC trading as Western Bulldogs.

The time has come, do it now!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Re: Now is the time for South to change

Post by saintal on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Would prefer not. Just my opinion.

Didn't the club try to separate itself from the so-called "South" stigma a few years ago by trying to brand the club "The Panthers" at every opportunity? The media latched onto this to some degree, with "Panthers" appearing in the newspaper etc. I dont think the change had any positive/tangible impact.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Darley I like the enthusiasm but pump the brakes big fella!!!!!

I agree the club could market itself better and needs to connect more with the Southern Community. I have noticed Port Adelaide have been using the Slogan "We are Port Adelaide" & Carlton have been using "I am Carlton" for a few years I think our club needs a catchy slogan also.

I suggest South Adelaide should use the Slogan "Your Club, Our Club, South's Club"

If anyone at the club is reading this I give full permission for the Slogan I have written to be used :-)
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Sons of the South...has a nice ring to it however ... SOTS isnt a great look.....
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Just tell me you were drinking heavily when you thought of this...?
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Changing the naming/branding of the South Adelaide Football club would do stuff all. SAFC command little to no respect within their own zone and that's a reflection of the time and effort that they put in.
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Its South Adelaide to me...NOT "The Panthers"or South Coast or whatever crazy name that can be thought up.

South Adelaide.....yes, we are situated in the South of Adelaide.

That''s the way it should be and stay that way IMO.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 am

JJH wrote:Changing the naming/branding of the South Adelaide Football club would do stuff all. SAFC command little to no respect within their own zone and that's a reflection of the time and effort that they put in.
JHH In your opinion how can South better connect with it's Zone?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 pm

I not sure I have "the answer", and if anyone had the answer we probably wouldn't be discussing this.

Removing RF as coach is a good start to this problem. He was a full time coach correct? I wonder what he actually did in those full time hours? SAFC need a ruthless honest coach who's not afraid to tell a few home truths to people at all levels of the club from board level, playing group to the support staff.

The culture needs to be changed. It is a losing culture, a stale culture, a lower than amateur level culture, a party culture

Stop paying interstate recruits big money who collect their paycheck without giving a dam whether they win or lose. this money should be given to the likes of Brooksby, Redigolo, Crabb who have grown up and give a crap about the club.

Which brings me to the amount of local players represent SAFC. A lot is said about the zone not being big enough, not enough talent in said zone. I don't believe any of this, I think its all to do with the development programs with in their zone. A great Example is 20 minutes down the road at GFC. They put time and effort into their zone from primary school aged kids u/12 through to u/15. The u/16/18s program along with their country zone is an example of how to better work and connect with your zone which can result in more local players coming through the grades.

All this starts at the top, no one aspires to play league footy at SAFC thats where the changes need to start
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:07 am

Despite glenelg having the advantage of having twice as many kids playing footy in their zone, I would not suggest their wooden spoon practices would currently be looked up to by many at the moment. Would be ideal to have 100% locals in league team, but as an extreme, I'd be appy to have 100% imports and win a flag.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am

One of the first times I agree with you Growl. !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm

JJH is a troll and serial pest, move on clown!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 pm

darley16 wrote:JJH is a troll and serial pest, move on clown!

Got a problem? Everyone's entitled to an opinion in this wonderful world of free speech, are they not?
Just calling it how I see it, don't get so upset because its not how you see it
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:57 pm

The Growl wrote:Despite glenelg having the advantage of having twice as many kids playing footy in their zone, I would not suggest their wooden spoon practices would currently be looked up to by many at the moment
Just means that there would 2x as many kids not playing at SAFC, my point was the junior program/ development is a joke.
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:04 pm

The Growl wrote:  Would be ideal to have 100% locals in league team, but as an extreme, I'd be appy to have 100% imports and win a flag.  
So you wouldn't have a problem with Andy Collins coaching and his unattractive brand of footy resulting in winning games of football??
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:20 pm

darley16 wrote:JJH is a troll and serial pest, move on clown!
You're in denial bud, don't want to believe how bad it actually is....Rolling Eyes 
JJH

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum