Assistant Coach departs for new opportunity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assistant Coach departs for new opportunity

Post by southernladbornandbred on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:54 pm

The South Adelaide Football Club advises that Assistant Coach Ben Hollands has accepted a position as Coach of the Wodonga Bulldogs in the Ovens & Murray Football League.
A new business opportunity has necessitated Ben and his family’s move back to Albury, and he was this week appointed to the role at Wodonga.
After being a decorated player at West Adelaide Ben joined the Panthers last year as midfield coach and continued in that role this season.
“While we haven’t had the results we’d like I’ve enjoyed my time at South and really topped off my understanding of the game the past two years,” said Hollands.
“There’s no doubting the Club is on the right track and now has a bunch of young dedicated players that will only improve with continued hard work.”
“I definitely would have continued my involvement but have a great opportunity with my work and it’s just been fortunate that the coaching role also came up at my former club.”
The South Adelaide Football Club thanks Ben for his contribution over the past two seasons and wishes him and his family all the best for the future.
southernladbornandbred

Back to top Go down

Re: Assistant Coach departs for new opportunity

Post by Spiritof64 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:50 am

Congratulations Ben. Thanks for your contribution over the last couple of seasons.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Re: Assistant Coach departs for new opportunity

Post by Ben W on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:06 pm

As he says, despite the result I do feel that his imput into the club has been good for us over the time. Moving to a Senior Coaching role suggests rightly that he is rated as a Coach and I do hope he does well!

Wonder if Trent Mills might be interested in the job?
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum