Recruiting

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Recruiting

Post by prowler on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
prowler wrote:Maddog1, Would you keep all the players that took us to 8th position in 2013 or would you be moving those on that do not measure up, or can we blame that solely on the past coach.

If I were the coach I would be retaining these players, Brooksby, Bass, Cailotto, Cross, Daniel N, Eddy, Fields, Gotch, Liddle, Murphy, Redigolo, Rolfe, Wundke as my first priority, the rest could stay and take their chances of making the League or playing in the Seconds.

The club will sign players from other football clubs to strengthen our league team in the quest for a premiership in 2014 or 2015.

This may sound a bit harsh on some players, the reality is stay the same, remain the same.

You are all welcome to shoot me down at any time, just name your top 12 players we should keep to take us forward.
Prowler your list looks solid the only player that springs to mind would be Caleb Daniel thought he played some exceptional games this year.
Also Thewlis has re-signed with the club personally thought he played his best footy in the backline but Fuller tried him as a forward this year. Will be interesting to see where Gotch plays him next season.
Originally I was only going to name 10 players but had to raise it to 12 as it was too harsh. Caleb and  some of the others could replace some I selected. What I was looking for were players who were good enough to win games for us on a regular basis, there is no doubt a few will be selected that I have not named, as we may not be able to get enough quality players to fill the gaps.

I would not be unhappy to see those not selected play reserves football. This will help the future players learn quicker, play tougher and smarter and enjoy a winning team atmosphere, something that has been lacking in the reserves and U18/U16 teams for a lot of years now. It could be easier to build from the bottom up, rather than the top down.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:53 pm

darley16 wrote:Me thinks Michael Wundke is being enticed to the Eagles with similar enticements they used to get Ainger. Boy i hope i'am wrong Sad
So sick of the Eagles there recruiting is lazy they simple poach established players from us.

I think they deliberately target or club and get in players ears about how they play finals every year and South never play finals but how can we if we continue to have our players stolen.

Lets not kid ourselves Wundke is the best forward in the league has won the Ken Farmer 2 out of 3 years at South and if not for injury would have won in 2012 also.

MASSIVE MASSIVE blow if we do lose Michael. Stay big fella STAY!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Agreed !!! Wunks needs to stay and I am so sick of rival clubs throwing bags of $$$ in front of them.  Would be hard to knock it back but really hope some of the players sit the big fella down and talk to him about the positives of staying with the group.

We need him !!! I don't know who would step up if he left ?? Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Eddy or Hourigan.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:43 pm

DOC wrote:Eddy or Hourigan.
Hard to replace a multiple ken farmer medalist .
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I don't think well see Darcy Hourigan next year he was All Australian in the national under 18 carnival you would think he be a good chance to get drafted
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm

I think he wiil go in the first two rounds. Wishful thinking by me.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Can't afford to lose Wundke! We don't have another player capable of kicking 50 / 60 goals!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:11 pm

I reckon "Wunks" is gone myself. With the breakdown of the arrangement with Crows and Power listed players that most other teams have depended on, Wunks suddenly becomes a very interesting proposition to them and I think he knows it.
I also believe that his value is also in his head. but he'll probably get what he asks for.
By the way, HE IS NOT the entire team and I don't believe our club should be held to ransom because He thinks he is worth more doe. I also reckon if we DO get him over the line ( which I think is highly unlikely)  before he re-signs, we should insists that he  loose a few more kilos and train a lot harder especially in the running and defending dept.  Our footy dept seems to be doing a great job at the moment with all our great players re-signing and  by attracting  players to a club that has a pretty bad rep for losing games.  We have a new coach which is  great. I think, I'll leave all those positional decisions up to him and his team. But if "Wunks" does resign I reckon it might be because we do have a new coach. Then, I suppose we'll have to say  "GOTCHA."
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Announcement by Wednesday I will guess (first night of the pre season)
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Bit harsh bluecat
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Heard a whisper Norwood are looking South for a replacement for Warren. Has anyone else heard the same Question
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:07 am

Spiritof64 wrote:Heard a whisper Norwood are looking South for a replacement for Warren. Has anyone else heard the same Question
Yes ...Sad

And going very hard at it too !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh god no!
Would be bitterly disappointed if this was true.....Bitterly!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Panther74 wrote:
Spiritof64 wrote:Heard a whisper Norwood are looking South for a replacement for Warren. Has anyone else heard the same Question
Yes ...Sad

And going very hard at it too !
Already got one of our full forwards as a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocked 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:28 pm

And all the time we were looking to the west.

He should have been signed weeks ago.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Agreed ... Reckon he's gone IMO
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 pm

I reckon he has gone too.

If true the club needs to advise members sooner rather than later
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:58 am

Exactly, do a GWS. Inform the world that we haven't got him and spoil some of the fanfare for Norwood when they announce they do have him.

Ben Warren said on 5AA they can only trade in 2 players this season... is this right? After losing all their runners in the upcoming AFL draft and retirements/ club departure and still having Panos, Evans, etc is a big full forward really their biggest need?
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Trying to be positive here but this is a difficult for us supporters. To lose Michael Wundke after he has been a great focal point for us would be a tragedy. He was one player who from my information wasn't upset with Fuller and found his true potential under him. He has developed well and may think he is worth a better deal especially if other clubs chase him. He also was away overseas and that may have delayed negotiations.
I tend to think that he would like to stay with the optimism of Cross Liddle Murphy Thewlis signing on again and perhaps better delivery to him under a new coach and game plan. He has worked hard many times to get the ball and other forwards haven't always helped to take the pressure away from him.
I remain annoyed to remember that, as far as I know, Fuller pushed loyal servant Ben Warren out when I always believed that he could have done as good a job as Ainger and would not have left, and he proved that at Norwood. Sincere congratulations to him on his successes and he would be one of the most genuine people that I have met, but I am sure he will say that he didn't want to leave.
I can't see Norwood needing Michael Wundke as much as they need running midfielders, and surely he would get poorer ball delivery at Glenelg. He knows who and where the ball comes from here and if we can get some others to step up in our forward half he is capable of kicking big scores, would he leave that? I am not so certain he would.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Fuller pushed Warren out! He made him captain, then tried to get him back after he went to Creek. Lets not rewrite history
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 pm

The Growl wrote:Fuller pushed Warren out!  He made him captain, then tried to get him back after he went to Creek. Lets not rewrite history
think youve got the order wrong there Growl..

Made him Captain.....Pushed him out....then wanted him back from Langhorne Creek...Shocked 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:58 pm

I contacted the club re: Wundke, fully expecting no information to be released;  Was advised by Football Admin an announcement would be made early December (?)
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Why do they have to wait so long? That's a month away. Is he back from overseas yet?
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Michael Wundke has informed the club today that he will be leaving the club to join the Eagles. Michael has accepted a long-term deal with the Eagles that provides him with financial security that is not reliant on Michael playing and performing for his new club. The South Adelaide Football Club has left no stone unturned in it’s attempt to retain Michael as a player at the club. We have been trying to discuss 2014 and beyond with Michael since a couple of mid-season wins in a row against West and Sturt. At Michael’s request we waited until the end of the season and we put an offer to Michael for 2014 within a week of the end of the SANFL minor round following a meeting with him. I met personally with Michael post season, and again on his return from a post season holiday overseas. Very recently the Eagles significantly increased the term of their offer to Michael and we made a lengthy and detailed presentation to Michael and his agent on Friday 1st November on why we felt South Adelaide was the best place for Michael to continue his SANFL career. We believe our financial offer to Michael was commensurate with the rival’s offer but our offer to Michael was slightly more reliant on Michael playing games for our club. The South Adelaide Football Club recruited Michael from North Adelaide in 2011 and gave Michael the opportunity to perform well at SANFL league level. We are disappointed that Michael has turned his back on the opportunity to continue helping our club improve.

Evan Arnold

WOW, now what?!
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum