Recruiting

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Recruiting

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:02 pm

confused  Shattered!.....he was a huge component to our forward line structure...the stats don't tell lies.
The club needs to find an answer here confused confused
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Well Id be pretty sure that the Club did absolutely everything to keep him.
Im livid about this, Ainger and Wundke will have to be commanding at least 1/3 of the entire eagles salry cap between them, I wonder what their team mates think of that...
Time for the league to grow some balls and teeth and nail the Eagles.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:50 pm

FFS Mad

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:56 pm

What a f..... prick:twisted:  - the club gives him and Ainger a chance to prove what they are capable of then they piss off because they can command heaps of money --without playing or performing??
Fuller Parry Ainger Carey Wundke Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Perhaps we can get some of their lesser lights who are obviously not able to get paid big salaries!
I know we can't expect the loyalty of times gone by but this is still in the category of giving something back. I am pleased the club tried hard to keep him but we would have better off with Ben Warren. I'd like to see the Eagles salary cap investigated.
F... off Michael

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:16 pm

B&W63 .
I think your information about Wundke and Fuller maybe a bit off the mark. But now he's decided to do an ainger and leave , stuff him. Another back slapper that gives you the impression on one thing while he's doing something else. Hope for the competitions sake neither hurt themselves.Evil or Very Mad 
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:42 pm

We all knew this was going to happen.

I'm amazed how the Eagles can afford him. They also now have 3 gun forwards with Grocke.
Perhaps we should now try to recruit one of there other forwards such as Staple or Fitzgerald
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Im very ,very Jacked of as well unfortunately money talks with some players
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Darley wrote:We all knew this was going to happen.

I'm amazed how the Eagles can afford him. They also now have 3 gun forwards with Grocke.
Perhaps we should now try to recruit one of there other forwards such as Staple or Fitzgerald
yep should be all over Grocke like a rash!!!!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:04 pm

LOL Neil Sharpe
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Wundke has let down his team mates , his supporters/fans and has shown his true character.
What pi$$es me off is the club have invested a lot of money and time to develop Wundke since 2011 and made him who he is today. This is just a insult to the workers and club people that have worked so hard with him.
I am so angry right now but players like Liddle and Cross you have to respect more as we know where their heart is ... They are loyal and true to the club and never took the $$$$ thrown at them .
Wunks has lead us on for too long when we could of been active recruiting a replacement like Beard etc.... Now it's too late.

Another A - hole dog act and I hope to god Karma comes back and bites you on he A$$ Michael !!!!

Pathetic !!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:36 pm

He's gone so as much as it -hits us we just have to hope the club will move heaven and earth to pick up a very good forward! This is a must!!!!!! We will struggle with our current forward line!!! Time to cover him and then some'!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Now that he's gone, with a new forward coach, maybe its time to put in some real development into some young talent we have at hand. Having seen all of Rossco's senior games I think he certainly has some ability . He's a genuine young lad to boot. Lets give those that WANT to wear the blue & white a chance.
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Nice way of thinking roger ramjet .... But I can't wait another 5 years !! Sad

We need a forward right now .
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 pm

We are going to need to develop some key position players and there is some talent to develop in our club. Instead of directing our attack to one focal point its time for all our forwards to take responsibility.
Since Michael seemed to more sincere than he turned out I believe that this may galvanise the rest of the group who signed on to strive harder under a genuine experienced and proven coach.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:05 am

When money talks character walks. This will be loss yes, however we were one dimensional going forward due to our focus on Wundke and maybe this will open our forward lines up and we can develop a likely replacement like Alex Cailotto who with his size, mobility, good mark and kick could be an ideal CHF/Full forward to work in tandem with Eddy.

Eagles players must be asking themselves how Ainger and Wundke are taking the lions share of the salary cap, this can often lead to dissension within a playing group...time will tell.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 am

If Wundke had made his mind up earlier it would have freed up a bit more cash to go harder at Beard & Co from Pt Adelaide..

now we have a bit of extra cash , perhaps we can target a few from other clubs and go hard at them....surely the likes of Grocke (if fit) and Staple at WWT would be wondering where and how they will fit in the Eagles forward line...??
probably also wondering how much their salaries are going to be modified to fit Wundke into the team...
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Michael Wunke has made his decision, it's over, it's done. it isn't the first time and it won't be the last time that a player is bought.  Only a winning team can create retention and that's got to be our concern now because it's the only answer to this problem. Success doesn't come to you, we have to go to it.

Brad Gotch has a huge challenge and I believe that he will build a winning forward line as part of a winning team without Wunke.  Let's take our blinkers off and look at the big picture. lets look at who this Club has retained, recruited and who is coming back from injury. Yes, we also have to search for a replacement, but a replacement with the attributes that NEW coach requires. We also have to move forward quickly. Winning comes with the right attitude, but it doesn't come with a remote, we have to get up and change it ourselves.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by JJH on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm

I am so angry right now but players like Liddle and Cross you have to respect more as we know where their heart is ... They are loyal and true to the club and never took the $$$$ thrown at them 'Quote'

That's because south would be throwing the most $$$$$ at them. Who else would be deserving of any real sort of $$$ at the moment
JJH

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:00 pm

bluecat wrote:Michael Wunke has made his decision, it's over, it's done. it isn't the first time and it won't be the last time that a player is bought.  Only a winning team can create retention and that's got to be our concern now because it's the only answer to this problem. Success doesn't come to you, we have to go to it.

Brad Gotch has a huge challenge and I believe that he will build a winning forward line as part of a winning team without Wunke.  Let's take our blinkers off and look at the big picture. lets look at who this Club has retained, recruited and who is coming back from injury. Yes, we also have to search for a replacement, but a replacement with the attributes that NEW coach requires. We also have to move forward quickly. Winning comes with the right attitude, but it doesn't come with a remote, we have to get up and change it ourselves.

Agree bluecat, we have hit a hurdle, time to get up, try a bit harder, get over this obstacle and push forward.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 pm

I think the club has known for sometime Wundke won't be with us and therefore they would already been speaking to key forwards
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 pm

In terms of recruiting it would be interesting to know what names are in Brad Gotch's mind?

Personally with the AFL draft being completed I think we have a good opportunity to go out and attract some decent players to the club to take up key roles as Brad brings the group up to the markers that he wants it to be at.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am

Lachlan Boyd is the latest recruit for South Adelaide standing tall at 196cm. Boyd comes from Beaumaris’s A Grade Amateur team in Melbourne where he has played for the last two seasons. In 2011 he played with fellow South Adelaide team mate Brede Seccull for the Sandringham Dragons-The Dragons won the Premiership that year.

It's an understatement that we need some height.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 am

Just to clarify our recruits for 2014 are:

Durdin
Macleod
Rose
Boyd

Is there anyone else who I have missed?

Still concerned about our key positions a few more big boys would help.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 am

Brad Gotch and his team will be looking closely at recruiting and developing to cover our key position weaknesses. I am sure there will be more recruits announced soon. In previous seasons this has happened up to early December.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm

I would like to see a key defender signed soon as we have lost Hartigan.
Darley

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum