New Coach for 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Coach for 2014

Post by bluecat on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:11 pm

The new South Adelaide Coach is Brad Gotch. Wow! That's amazing. How did we pull that one off?  Well done to all. Check out the Web Site.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Re: New Coach for 2014

Post by Panthers64 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Senior Coach Appointed - Brad Gotch
The South Adelaide Football Club is delighted to announce the full-time appointment of Brad Gotch as our new Senior Coach.
Brad brings to South Adelaide a wealth of Assistant and Development Coaching experience at AFL level and Senior Coaching experience at State League Level. Brad has coached clubs to premiership success on multiple occasions and has an enviable record of sustained finals success in multiple environments.
Most recently, Brad has been the Port Adelaide Football Club’s full-time Opposition Analyst based in Melbourne and has supported Ken Hinkley and Alan Richardson to counter opposition trends in play through the Power’s strong performance in 2013.
Brad was Assistant Coach at Collingwood from 2000 to 2007 and was Senior Coach for their alignment club – Williamstown FC from 2002 to 2007. Brad continued in that role as the alignment for Williamstown changed to the Western Bulldogs in 2008. Brad held significant development coaching roles with the Western Bulldogs FC and the Melbourne FC whilst being the Senior Coach of their respective VFL sides before joining the Port Adelaide Football Club in 2012 as Assistant Coach in charge of their Backline.
In these coaching roles Brad worked closely with respected mentors including Mick Malthouse and Rodney Eade along with many other high quality coaches that have influenced Brad’s coaching style. Brad’s understanding of the contemporary and modern game together with his ability to educate and develop our players to adopt more elements of the modern game will take South Adelaide’s football to a new level.
Brad’s understanding of how to counter more progressive opposition game styles with the introduction of the two AFL teams into the competition from 2014 will be a huge asset to the South Adelaide Football Club.
With experience in senior coaching at TAC U18 Cup level and coaching stand alone clubs in Dandenong FC and Springvale FC, Brad also has a thorough understanding of developing players and junior talent and will work closely with Tony Bamford in nurturing the elite talent from our zone.
Brad was successful through an exhaustive search and selection process and stood out from a high calibre field of candidates impressing the selection panel which included Brian Cunningham and Adelaide Football Club Coach, Matthew Clarke.
Brad has been appointed for a two year term. We welcome Brad to the South Adelaide Football Club and are very excited about season 2014 and beyond.

Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Well I think that is a fantastic appointment, well done SAFC, a far better candidate than a number of names that were being mentioned this last week.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Awesome pumped as about this can't wait to get next years membership!!!!

Great work South Adelaide
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:39 pm

That is a fantastic appointment. It has blown me away.
His record speaks for itself.
Secondly he will be able to recruit good players due to his wealth of experience and his network

He wouldn't have come cheap that's for sure.

I think the board has done very well
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:57 pm

This really is an excellent appointment, right out of the blue as well. It gives me some confidence moving into next season that the playing group will develop and we might actually win some games. :-) Really pleased - roll on 2014.

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:45 pm

To appoint a coach who is a father of one of our key Victorian imports also ticks many boxes. It will be interesting to hear the player reactions.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Great news, surprising and unexpected after all the speculation. The selection panel and our board have made a very good decision. This could be a real turning point for our club he has proven that he has the skills experience and knowledge required to develop and lead the club to achieve the future success that we all want badly.
Looking forward to next year!!Very Happy

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

A good selection by the looks of it.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 am

By choosing Brad Gotch as our senior coach for 2014/15, the board has looked far and wide for the right person to take the club to the next level.

The board must be congratulated for being able to process the applicants while the rumors that had been floating about as to who the final 3 names were, without showing their hands as to who they were after. A tight lipped board shows the club is in good hands and heading in the right direction.

2014 is starting to look exciting already.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:26 am

Certainly a great appointment.
Congratulations again to our Board who have made yet another very good decision in what has been a tumultuous 6 months.
Brad Gotch for me ticks all the boxes as far as what our club needs as a coach moving forward. Certainly has a wealth of experience at AFL and state league level, an accomplished footballer in his day in the VFL and with Port in the SANFL. He will no doubt be across all the issues and have a pretty good inside knowledge of our footy club as well.
I certainly wish Brad all the best of luck and hope he can make us a force to be reckoned with in the SANFL.
Its up to all of us now to get on board and back him in ,to do the job.
Go Panthers.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 am

Good comment Prowler, couldn't agree more. I was lucky enough to sit next to Brad at a game last year and a nicer more engaging bloke would be hard to find, he didn't know me from Jack and we quietly spoke all game about all things footy. Really good appointment.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Well done to Brad on his appointment! He has the runs on the board so we could not have got a better man for the job!
Lets back the coach in to do what has to done. Now I feel I can be truly optimistic about 2014.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum