South v West

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: South v West

Post by bluecat on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:35 am

A new attitude and a new game plan. Gee it worked well. I agree with all of the above, but I also think that Westies weren't that good. Brooksby was terrific. Eddy is very exciting to watch. Murph and Thewlis had great games. A small crowd but the whole night was a winner The Club. The Venue, The Atmosphere, there was a positive vibe about the place. A lot of people at South Adelaide have put in long hours  into getting this season off to a great start and it showed. Right down to Our Panther on the back of the golf cart being chased by kids at half time, fantastic!  Very proud to be a Southie tonight.  Early days I know but gee it was good to win at home.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:41 am

We'll done lads good start to the year!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by EightyFour on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

Great start to the season. Heaps of positive to take out of a performance like that.
I tweeted the club about Hourigan on sat arvo and they replied 37sec later with, "Darcy is carrying an injury we will list how long on Monday."
He appeared to be walking around pretty freely during the game so hopefully nothing too serious.
EightyFour

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Great work boys
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:25 pm

That's the sort of footy that can send us forward! Add Rolfe, Hourigan and Caleb Daniel and I tell you what we could really give it to a few sides this year. Early days and each week presents a new challenge, but it's hard to not get excited by what seems a new positive vibe around the club.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Wow what a great start! Terrific to watch,  fantastic night  - controlled the game start to finish. Love the new style game plan and attitude which the whole team understands and obviously enjoys.
Every player ran hard all night, combined quick ball movement & positive decision making with confident kicking & handball. Midfield looks strong, recruits look good and Gotchy seems to have helped those players that we already had find improvement in their skills.
Using the space of our home oval to advantage was great. Hard to pick best players, no passengers, but Eddy Brooksby Veide Thewlis Gulden  Dale Murphy showed some real class.
Its early days, West are undermanned and didn't play well, good kicking for goal and a few free kicks inside 50 helped, and probably we should have kicked more accurately. HOWEVER  Very Happy If we can play that style more often than not it will be a good year and we'll win more than we lose. Very Happy

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:21 am

Great effort by the boys! Thought crowd was a bit low for a Rd 1 game? And wtf was the golf cart thing doing?

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:39 pm

And wtf was the golf cart thing doing?

Initiative by the club to engage junior supporters; A couple of young ladies from the club, selected my too girls as supporters of the week; They were selected on the basis of wearing our club colours, waving their flags & cheering on the boys; They got to ride around the ground.

It absolutely made their night & was a great thrill for them.....Don't knock it!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 am

lets get 10 of them!

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:52 pm

JoPan wrote:lets get 10 of them!

Smile
Premier Panther