South v Roosters @ prospect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Roosters @ prospect

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Saturday game...

cant wait, we'll know how good we are after this one....Roosters early form is good with a solid win over the hapless crows today...

enjoy the wonder facilities at Prospect, proudly provided by the hapless ratepayers of the Prospect Council. Shocked 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Roosters @ prospect

Post by prowler on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Will be a good hit out for us this Saturday, apparently the Roosters were playing an extra trial match today.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 pm

North performed very well against that reserves team so it will be a good test for us next week. Go Panthers

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Big test against the roosters on Saturday. Won't be easy but if we can continue with same work ethic and take our chances we should be able to make a good go of it.
A win would bring even more confidence into the group. Can't wait until Saturday!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Can anyone confirm, post on SA Footy, Darcy Hourigan out for 5 weeks with groin injury?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by EightyFour on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Yup. 4 weeks on the SAFC website.
EightyFour

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:34 pm

EightyFour wrote:Yup. 4 weeks on the SAFC website.

Bugger!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:51 pm

League
F: Gotch, Eddy, Veide
HF: Rose, Boyd, Dale
C: Macleod, Murphy, Gulden
HB: N. Daniel, Giddings, Thewlis
B: Fields, Crabb, Redigolo

R: Brooksby, Cross, Liddle
INT: McKay, Rankine, Bass
UNCHANGED
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Payback time for the treachery at Willunga during the tour down under!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:17 pm

No Limits!
No Fear!
Fried Chicken at Prospect
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Cant make it tomorrow, I will be tuning into the club website for game scores and updates.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Final South 18-8-116 d North 12-10-82
Awesome Result!
Showed resolve & Character in 3rd quarter when challenged....something we've lacked in previous years.
I couldn't make it but listened on radio, & SAFC Online scoreboard/commentary is fantastic.
Very impressive couple of weeks.
I will be there good Friday....hoping we continue this form.

THERE ARE NO LIMITS!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Final Score:
SOUTH: 18.8-116 DEFEATED
NORTH: 12.10-82
BEST PLAYERS: Cross, Macleod, Gotch, Eddy, Brooksby and Veide.
GOALS: Eddy 6, Boyd 3, Macleod 2, Cross 1, Thewlis 1, Gulden 1, Liddle 1, Veide 1, Bass 1 and Kerin 1!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Just how good a player is young Brooksby this season! Very much liking what we are seeing there!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Very good effort today!! The boys played solid footy In the first half and really dug deep in the third quater when the heat was turned up. Last years model would have thrown in the towel when challenged. Eddy played a ripper again as did Brooksby. Other players to impress we're Daniel Bass, Joel Cross , Lachlan Boyd and Brent McLeod.
Pressure, work rate and commitment! Keep it up!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:36 am

A great Day. Been waiting for a long time to be at Prospect and beat those bloody Roosters and I mean really beat them. Just keep doing what you're doing boys it's working.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:41 am

very enjoyable afternoon - next challenge - to win a game we will go into as favorites!

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:55 am

Fantastic result. Really nervy listening to it in the third quarter but some real resolve shown. The start of the last quarter was really impressive, great to see the side play out the full game for a strong win against a strong side. Big test at home against the Bays. We will be expected to win, now we have to stand and deliver as favourites. Well done to the team, same again next week please!

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:29 am

What a great day..
Im really impressed with our efforts so far this year.
The new coach Brad Gotch is clearly a breath of fresh air for the players; all of a sudden some of them have been transformed from looking forlorn,lost and brow beaten-into very solid sanfl players.

A new game plan, one hatched in recent times- not the early nineties-is clearly adhered to by the letter by the playing group. The have bought it and are now delivering on it. It may not be footy for the purists, but it is what other successful sides have been doing for the last 5 years, and its working.

The players are clearly fitter than they have ever been, they have to be to adhere to the gameplan. There has clearly been some serious work done on strength and conditioning in the off season and players like Eddy, Veide and Fields have benefited from this.
Skills have also improved out of sight..missing a target now is an exception rather than the norm as it was in previous years.I really like the way that our second tier players have progressed in both fitness and skill and all credit must go to the coaching staff.
The thing that i liked most about yesterdays win was that after going into halftime with a 6 goal lead we were seriously challenged in the third quarter, when North got to within 6 pts. We steadied with a late goal before 3/4 time and then kicked 2 quick goals in the first 2 minutes of the last to virtually ice the game. In previous years we all know what would have happened, we would have been rolled over and lost by 8 to 10 goals. Many Southies at the game would have been pleased to see that this didnt happen.
Eddy was magnificent, kicked 6.3 handed out a couple as well, competed in the air with several towering contested marks, and was active on the ground farming out the ball to the smalls running past. Brooksby was clearly the best big man on the ground and controlled the stoppages particularly in the first half. Cross and Gotch were the clearance kings and benefited from Brookers' excellent work. Boyd was unspectacular but very workmanlike and finished with 3 goals- he is a seriously big unit and very mobile and like Eddy has a huge leg on him.I loved Jake"Darth" Veides game again- he just crashes in relentlessly has found his niche working through the midfield, and he now has the body and strength to match his speed.
I could go on, but seriously it was a case of "all played well" to a man.
Two very important games coming up. Our archrivals the Bays at home on Good Friday; and the following week against Centrals at the Ponderosa in the inaugural "Integrity Cup" game. I think I was wearing short pants the last time we won out there! -trying very hard to keep a lid on things at the moment..but I feel that if we can win these 2 games...look out!

Go Panthers Laughing Cool Rolling Eyes Very Happy 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am

Great win by the boys!!!

Team looks so even with everyone playing for each other.

Love the new game plan and when we were challenged in the 3rd we responded which in past years wouldn't have happened.

Eddy has arrived!!!!!

Bring on the Good Friday Blockbuster v the bays, hope to see a huge crowd at Noarlunga!!!!

Go U Panthers!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by PantherRick on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:40 am

Great result yesterday! Was well worth the 5.5km drive to Prospect Oval, plus singing the team song in the change rooms at the end of the game. We look like a new team. Bring on the Bays...it's time to destroy them!

Blue & White Forever!
PantherRick

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 pm

I truly hope to see our black and gold neighbour cop a flogging on Good Friday. Never take a game for granted, but we can hopefully put them to the sword!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:53 pm

What a time to miss a game with a bout of gastro! No pics this week however I followed the game on the online scoreboard and was pleased to see us steady and then respond in the last quarter. We must back it up with a win in a game we are expected to get the points in. Win and win well and we can set our season up early on.

Go you blue and whites!
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Great effort boys & thanks for info on this site guys because unfortunately I couldn't be there. I reckon last time we won there was Murph's 50th game.
Some great signs:
good attitude & teamwork, all players working hard together;
wonderful new coach with modern game plan;
responding after being challenged - we all remember giving up good leads in the past;
new recruits fitting straight in and performing well, with established team members lifting their performances;
and players obviously enjoying their footy.
I am really looking forward to Good Fridays game against Glenelg to see if we can meet another challenge - to win when we are big favourites Very Happy 
I keep reminding myself that its early days and we have started well in previous seasons and then fallen in a hole - but "There are no limits"
one step at a time, terrific so far ... Smile

B&W63

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum