Panthers v Glenelg, Good Friday

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Panthers v Glenelg, Good Friday

Post by saintal on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm

My first look at South this season, albeit on TV. Relieved to get the win, especially given we were an unprecedented $1.13 fav with the bookies. Pleasing to run the game out so well after only having 19 men for most of the day.

Huge game from Brooksby. 39 hit outs, 26 touches, 9 marks, 12 clearances. Liked the games of Thewlis, Cross, Eddy (wow, what a change from last season) and Murphy. Veide completely shut out Lonergan. The recruits all contributed without starring. Skills and structure have noticeably improved on last year.

Crowd about 600 down on last year I think. The earlier timeslot probably didn't help (prevented me from going due to family lunch), as well as the live TV coverage.

Umpires extremely whistle happy today. Geez there were some soft ones paid, especially some of the high tackles and 'in the backs'.

Bays had a dip but are lacking some class. Alleway still a bloke you love to hate.

Centrals away next week. No better opportunity to break various embarrassing hoodoos.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:30 am

How bad are the injuries?

This is one area that I think could derail our season. Player depth is not something we are blessed with unfortunately. For us to be competitive all season I really think we need a good run with injuries.
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Great effort considering injuries to Boyd Redigolo & with Bass hobbling. The boys found a way to win after being pressured physically in the 2nd qtr, which is going to occur more often with this vein of form.
Some excellent team spirit evident, building confidence which hopefully will spread into the reserves because our depth will be tested. However there are some good players to return - looking forward to Rolfey coming back to the league.
Brooksby Eddy Murphy Thewlis Cross Crabb Veide Rankine starting to look very strong.
Still early days but we should be bale to give a good account of ourselves next week. Very Happy Very Happy
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Sir_South wrote:How bad are the injuries?

This is one area that I think could derail our season.  Player depth is not something we are blessed with unfortunately.  For us to be competitive all season I really think we need a good run with injuries.

Yes, any update on the injuries?
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Great win by the boys yesterday 3 from 3 I am one very happy South supporter.

Can't remember a South crowd so vocal people are getting around the club which is great to see.

Cross, Eddy and Brooksby were the standouts but everyone is playing great at the mo. Hope Redigolo is ok.

Loved the passion shown from the lads and we are so much more physical then I can ever remember.

The cheer for Gotchy after the game was great something is different at Panther Land this year!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum