Rd 4 v Central

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rd 4 v Central

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

With 3 impressive wins to open the season South venture down to the Ponderosa to tackle the bulldogs in what should be a cracking game.

Although Crabb is out suspended and Redigolo and Boyd will miss through injury I'm actually tipping us to win this game and break our long hoodoo against the dogs.

Looking back at the first 3 weeks we have got to 100 plus every week while at the same time restricting the opposition to below 100 every game. This is what good teams do and although the 3 boys mentioned will be sorely missed I expect that whoever comes in our new and vastly improved game plan will keep us on our winning ways.

GO U PANTHERS!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Rd 4 v Central

Post by Andos Mullett on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 am

Big game tomorrow. A few out which will give opportunities to others. Our depf is being testing, Lets see how far we have come. Go the Growl. Grrrr.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:40 am

"So and so being out, will give Opportunities for others". Love that one. I remember my dad saying it to me when my grandmother died.

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:37 am

The karma bus has hit this club again!
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Injuries are a rotten part of a footy season, but good players management is also a very important part of a winning team. We will get through this setback. As the team says,  "there are no limits."
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Yes we are very unlucky to have had the 3 injuries in the one game and it will test our depth but we're getting some players back.
Over the next few weeks I am hoping we will see how well the whole club has adopted Gotchy's philosophy and game plan.
Centrals are not as good as they were and have a few out too so I don't believe we should be too pessimistic because the boys are playing some really good team footy.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm

B&W63 wrote:Centrals are not as good as they were and have a few out too so I don't believe we should be too pessimistic because the boys are playing some really good team footy.

Agreed, we have a perfect opportunity here, to play a Centrals side struggling for form, & in contrast, we are playing some pretty good footy....granted an unsettled line up.....bet reckon we are a real chance.....if we can produce the footy we've played in the first 3 rounds.

Come On Panthers.....you can do it!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Premier Panther wrote:
B&W63 wrote:...........

Come On Panthers.....you can do it!

They did it  bounce
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Very Proud to be a South Adelaide supporter today. Thanks boys
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Sensational!

And the Ressies getting a win just the icing on the cake.

Well Done to everyone!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Went to the Ponderosa today and saw the game, and was in the Changerooms post game.
been to Elizabeth plenty of times and since 99 and the results have been remarkably similar until today.
South started the game like a shot out of a gun and were on top early. The Dogs quickly hauled us in and were only 1pt behind at Quarter time.
The second quarter was all Centrals, and they went in at halftime with about a 5 goal margin- this was beginning to feel like deja vous to us long suffering supporters....another capitulation...?
The 3rd quarter was all South and but for poor kicking would have gone in at 3/4 time in front, however they were still 2 goals behind. The last quarter was a struggle for both teams early but South gabbed the lead in time on and hung on for a rare win at Elizabeth..

For South I thought Liddle was back to his best after a slow start to the year, Frazer Dale was also very good and along with Gulden have found their feet as recruits very quickly. McLeod was excellent up forward and on the ball. However Brooksby with 45 hitouts and some great work around the ground dominated . Brett Eddy continues to impress, goes to show what fitness, opportunity , and positive reinforcement from the coach can do.He is exceptional in the air and lightening quick for a guy his size when the ball is on the deck.
A great character building win, after losing 5 players from last weeks team with injury and suspension.
The Panthers for mine are the real deal.

Last edited by blueandwhite on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 pm

SOUTH: 12.12.84 DEFEATED
CENTRAL: 11.10.76

BEST PLAYERS: N. Liddle, B.Eddy, N.Daniel, J.Cross and F. Dale.

GOALS: B. Eddy 6, N. Liddle 1, J. Cross 1, B. Macleod, J. McMahon, E. Irra 1 and M. Rankine.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Couldn't get to the game yesterday but got home in time to flick it on for the last quarter.

Think the whole neighbourhood would have heard me yelling great win by the boys and to finally break our hoodoo at the Ponderosa is unreal.

Team is playing great football trying to keep a lid on it but it's getting really hard now have never seen the club win 4 in a row and be undefeated on top of the ladder!!!!

GO U PANTHERS!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Great contest on Saturday.
I seriously thought we were gone in the 2nd quarter but to come back like that from 4 to 5 goals down is very impressive and just shows how this South side has changed (the South of old is gone!) The players kept on staying to the structures Brad Gotch has implemented.
Gulden, Eddy, Liddle, Rankine, Dale, Brooksby best for me. Thought Rankine held Habel well when put on him.
I thought Centrals really came out and put the pressure back on South. Their tackling for most part of the game was excellent. Habel was very dangerous up forward,
Interesting to hear Nick Murphy interviewed at 3/4 time saying he thought "fitness"will help South get over the line. I thought that was the key factor in the last 1/4 ....South outran Centrals and used the open space very well.
4 wins 0 loses.....sort of feels very surreal for me. Can not remember the last time I have seen such a great start to the year.

The supporters are coming out and the bandwagon is well and truly rolling ....ALL ABOARD !!!

Now time to win against the Eagles and stick it right up money bags Ainger and Wundke,

Bring it on!!!! Wink #therearenolimits
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:34 pm

1966 last time we had a 4-0 start to the year..
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:58 pm

blueandwhite wrote:1966 last time we had a 4-0 start to the year..

I was a twinkle in the old man's eyes then !!!! Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 pm

my safooty post..

Stirring win!

Squandered some chances in the 3rd term, but kept on running and creating opportunities in the last quarter. Appear to be very fit as we're running out games extremely well. Dogs perhaps should have been infront by more at 1/2 time. Would hate to see our Inside 50 count in the 2nd term.

Eddy another huge game with 6. Liddle back to his best after quiet start to season, recruits Dale and Gulden important, Thewlis solid, while it was a case of most other blokes doing their bit.

Habel obviously very good for Centrals, while McIntrye was another who impressed. Thankfully Glenn was kept in check.

Not a massive crowd, but very vocal and a good atmosphere. Largest contingent of South supporters I've seen at Elizabeth in years. Umpiring considerably better than last week's game against the Bays. Not perfect, but better.

Looking forward to watching the replay at some stage.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I was the same Panther Pack, my neighbour asked what was all the yelling about when i emerged exhausted from the house, could not stay seated while watching the last quarter. Great turnout by all those supporters who attended haven't seen that many Southies at Elizabeth for years.
The hoodoo is over, we did it  bounce!!!! 
darley16

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum