South v Eagles

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Eagles

Post by DOC on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Every supporter who can get there should.

Will we make changes?

Crabb available, Rolfe available. Who misses out? Has Rolfey had enough game time? Should Giddings come straight back in? Do I ask too many questions?

I'm keen to see no changes until players put it beyond doubt.

DOC

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Eagles

Post by Andos Mullett on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:30 am

Eddy has had a great start but it's Murphy's law sooner or later he'll have a quiet one. Who else can play key fwd with Horigan and Boyd out? I see Kokkanokakis kicked a few in the magoos?

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:54 am

Murphy's law, or Thewlis' law?

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 am

The other big questions are;
who can run with Wundke,
and who is brave enough to take on the fearless Andrew Ainger,
and what happened to that other battler that went to the a Eagles with Ainger, that we got over 10k in transfer money for?

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 am

yes Wundkes speed over the ground, and his ability to chase and tackle will be difficult for us to combat...
Aingers fearless, direct attack on the footy and the opposition is also a concern..he does have an issue with a shoulder apparently- left one I believe...
Also Boyds' work in and under the packs and his renowned ability to win the contested footy is a worry..
thankfully Carey has moved on..phew...playing for Paskeville I believe.. Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

Large contingent of Southies at Elizabeth yesterday..lets get every man and his dog down to Noarlunga for this one..
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Can't wait for this game absolutely despise the Eagles for continually poaching our players, bet Godden is already trying to phone Eddy.

Hope we absolutely pump them and I can give Wundke a decent send off.

5 wins in a row would be very tasty.

I'll be there, would love to see a huge crowd at the game supporting the boys. Get around the club people!

GO U PANTHERS!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Agreed ! Eagles are definitely turning into my worst side with their "whisper in the ear" tactics with some of our players.

Time to get a big crowd and vocal against this lot and really give it to the "defectors" (Wundke/Ainger) $$$$$$$$

5 in a row ??? Would be a dream come true.

Crabb and Rolfe (maybe) back in......selectors have a few big decisions to make.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Panther74 wrote:Agreed ! Eagles are definitely turning into my worst side with their "whisper in the ear" tactics with some of our players.

Time to get a big crowd and vocal against this lot and really give it to the "defectors" (Wundke/Ainger) $$$$$$$$

Crabb and Rolfe (maybe) back in......selectors have a few big decisions to make.

Crabb for sure, like to see if he can "catch up" with Ainger.
I personally would give Rolfe another game in the 2's..make him even hungrier..
Anyone know what Giddings injury is..?
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Crabb could just go "boo" to Ainger .....Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Dalton Tucker was BOG in the ressies too.... Great to see !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
Panther74 wrote:Agreed ! Eagles are definitely turning into my worst side with their "whisper in the ear" tactics with some of our players.

Crabb for sure, like to see if he can "catch up" with Ainger.
I personally would give Rolfe another game in the 2's..make him even hungrier..
Anyone know what Giddings injury is..?

On the tv they said Giddings was out ill so I suspect he should be right to go this week.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Secull also played in the 2's yesterday..
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 am

This should be an absolute cracker.....South Supporters this year in full voice....let's pack our home ground & cheer the boys to victory number 5.....added amo with Wundke, Ainger & Boyd wearing that cowardly yellow strip.

If there is a danger, its the Eagle's goal kicking potency, & our ability to hold them.

Reckon we have the edge in Ruck & midfield.

Early days, but jag a win here, the rest of the competition will look at us as a geniune contender.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Thu May 01, 2014 1:17 pm

There are certain games during a season that can be defining, win those games and the season opens up and the competition takes heed, lose them and familiar patterns of disappointment can emerge. This is one such game.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Isn't this great, last week was magnificent even though we let them get away for a quarter we came back and won and rid ourselves of another hoodoo. All week I kept looking at the ladder to see SA on top, and the coach says the team review is not completely happy with our performance. Now selections reveal that Rolfe, Giddings Secull can't break into the League side.
I agree with all the above this is a big game, Gotchy's philosophy of earning respect from the comp will get closer if we can those b....s off.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu May 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Yes agree..this is the game to make our mark on the competition,draw a line in the sand and say.."We are here..we area force to be reckoned with..""...
Its all in our hands...as Nelson Mandela said...
"I am the Master of my fate, I am the Captain of my Soul.."

go to it boys Twisted Evil 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu May 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Great to see Crabb back team looking very settled.

Really want to see the boys get up over the hybrids and go 5-0.

My prediction South to win and Wundke to eat more Sausage rolls than he kicks!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri May 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Let's hope Wundke is eating sausage rolls and not kicking them! C'mon fellas this is another big game, let's kick them back to woodville.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Sun May 04, 2014 9:14 am

Perfect weather (well at home it is).
Hopefully the magoos can get us off to a good start with Rolfey getting 5.

Hoping Makepeace plays and has a good game. A local who has come through the junior ranks.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun May 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Bad luck with injuries again!!! We really tried hard against the odds with no players on the bench for the last half. Apart from the sloppy third quater we were the better team. Hope the injuries are not bad, as we seem to be pushing -hit uphill at the moment . Someone at the clubs walked under a ladder or had a run in with a truck load of black cats.
I'm confident we can get back on the winners list next week against Norwood. Bring it on!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun May 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Any loss hurts.
We were gallant in defeat today, given the circumstances.
Tremendous character to fight back & regain the lead after a disappointing 3rd qtr; The result could have been very different, had the cards fallen our way.....it just wasn't our day & yet so close.
Yes this is a set back, but our season is still vey much truly alive.
Feel for the guys injured today, particularly for young McMahon & Makepeace.
Good to see the reserves crack 2 wins in a row.
And now bring on the Legs!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Great effort and spirit showed by the boys considering we had no players on the bench for the entire 2nd half.

Had we not got those injuries I reckon we would have won today. Was great to give it to Wundke and Ainger.

Really need a bit of luck with Injuries Dale looked to be in real discomfort at quarter time so expect him to miss some weeks which will hurt us as he has been very good so far this season.

Hope to see Rolfe back next week. Anyone know how he went in the ressies?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun May 04, 2014 10:58 pm

A difficult loss to swallow that one. Should win when you're 8 points up into time on in the last quarter and with all the momentum. Credit to Eagles they kept running and created some chances late against a fatigued South.

A positive is that we managed to win 3 quarters, but the 3rd term was diabolical, especially our skills across half back.

The early loss of McMahon probably hurt more than most would think, as he was providing a good option as a 2nd tallish forward. Really needing somebody like Hourigan back in the side to give as another option to complement Eddy, with Rolfe then crumbing at their feet.

Thought Thewlis, Brooksby, Liddle and Eddy were again amongst our best.

A lot of injuries at Noarlunga so far this season. The radio guys mentioned parts of the ground are quite sandy.

Umpires made some bewildering calls, none more so than the 'non mark' to Rankine at the start of the final term in the South goal-square. A lot of holding and scragging went unnoticed by the men in white also.

So the Fat Man, Money Bags and the little Sniper get the final laugh.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Panther Pack wrote:

Hope to see Rolfe back next week. Anyone know how he went in the ressies?

Didn't see the match but according to sanfl.com..no goals and wasn't named in the better players. 5RPH spoke to him at 1/2 time and he said he would have liked to play better (could have been modest though..).

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 am

There was honour in that loss, 17 players v's 21 and we still hit the front late in the last quarter, showed great character and fitness. Brad Gotch gave it to the group at 3/4 time and their response proved to me this group wants to do better for not only themselves but their team mates, their coach and their club and for this life long supporter that fills me with pride regardless of the result. Sometimes when you lose it's the way you lose that tells us most about a team and what i saw was tons of character and courage.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum