South v Eagles

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: South v Eagles

Post by blueandwhite on Mon May 05, 2014 12:53 pm

darley16 wrote:There was honour in that loss, 17 players v's 21 and we still hit the front late in the last quarter, showed great character and fitness. Brad Gotch gave it to the group at 3/4 time and their response proved to me this group wants to do better for not only themselves but their team mates, their coach and their club and for this life long supporter that fills me with pride regardless of the result. Sometimes when you lose it's the way you lose that tells us most about a team and what i saw was tons of character and courage.  

Got to agree with you there Darls, came away from the game disappointed, but definitely not disillusioned. Against extreme adversity we very nearly snatched what would have been a memorable victory ,when we had no right to be even in the contest.Perhaps a little overuse of the footy in the 3rd quarter and at times a lack of poise under pressure in the last was the difference.

The injury list however is mounting and our depth is being severely tested. Unfortunate injuries to Makepeace,McMahon, Ah Chee and Dale are now added to the long term ones. Really important that we leave no stone unturned iin getting everyone back on the track asap , and fit.
Perhaps Rolfe, Cailotto and Giddings could be ready for a recall this week against Duggas mob. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon May 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Eagles supporters seem to think their victory was full of merit? Don't think so and that's not sour grapes either. Yes a win would have been golden under the circumstances but as already mentioned we gave our all. Injuries are severely hindering us this year so hopefully we can get a couple of blokes back soon and have some better luck.
Fire power up front is needed big time as we cannot rely on Eddy every week to kick a big bag. Rolfe would have to come back in and someone else with some height, maybe Devisser?
Would love to nail Norwood this weekend, we need to!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon May 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Yeah agree Magic the carry on by the Eagles supporters on SA Footy is rediculous just makes the loss harder to take.

I for one can't stand that club and I can't wait to play them again without the injuries.

Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Absolutely loved Gotchy's passionate 3/4 time speech ! It was a side to him I have never seen before and I am sure supporters left the huddle in a "bit of shock". The passion the guy showed was inspiring and I looked around at the supporters watching on and their mouths were open. The quietly spoken coach showed a side we rarely have seen but the time was right to raise the voice and inspire the players.....and in that he did. Those players were absolutely spent in that last quarter and I feel the last 5 minutes when "money bags"got a couple of goals we just had no more in the tank. Great to hear a bit of voice at the games now with us South supporters and I am sure that helped the side keep going. We are the most passionate supporters out there and most loyal.....that's why I love this club and have for so long.

I must say, after the final siren went I walked to clap the players off as I believed they gave us all. You could see it in their eyes they were angry and pi$$ed off losing....it hurt them. I also enjoyed giving a bit of lip to the "defectors"- Wundke did not even look up at the crowd shouting their displeasure at him, Ainger just looked around and laughed in arrogance and Boyd looked embarrassed as he was thrashed all day by Veide. I am sure we will beat them next time we come up against them.

Keep the faith Panther fans.....Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Mon May 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Well said Panther74
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Tue May 06, 2014 11:11 pm

Just read in the messenger that South had only 20 rotations for the entire game and for the last 15 minutes were down to 17 men as Ah Chee injured his hamstring and had to be moved to full forward.

As I said before huge effort by the boys and if not for those injuries I have no doubt we would have won. Just run out of legs in the end.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 am

Panther74 wrote:Absolutely loved Gotchy's passionate 3/4 time speech !     

Was a fantastic 'rev up'  Very Happy . Pretty rare to hear them these days. Had the desired affect as we dominated the opening 15 mins of the quarter.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum