Rd 6 v Norwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rd 6 v Norwood

Post by Panther Pack on Thu May 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Norwood haven't been travelling that well and appear to struggle to kick big scores, think we can get the win in this game.

Looking forward to seeing the inlcusions for this game and hope Dale is okay to play as I have been really impressed with him so far. Geez we need a bit of luck with injuries.

Get the win here and we really set our season up, with reinforcements to arrive for the forward line (Hourigan & Boyd) in the next week or 2 our team will only get stronger and take the pressure of Eddy to have to score a bag every game.

Would love to see a big crowd get behind the boys.

GO PANTHERS!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Rd 6 v Norwood

Post by saintal on Thu May 08, 2014 7:36 pm

In: Irra, Rolfe, Giddings, Cailotto, Haines.
Out: Ah Chee (hammy), Makepeace (ACL), McMahon (Knee)

Rolfe named at full forward. McMahon to miss 3 months.

We have really struggled to score against the Legs in recent years (we're not alone there) but its a much different Norwood team on the park this season. Dugga as opposition coach..never thought I'd see that happening.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu May 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Have my doubts whether Dale will play. It looks like it could be a bit damp too, Im worried about the leg speed of our defenders against the likes of Phillips and Donaghue, because the ball will be on the deck a fair bit..
Great to see Rolfey back and Im sure we all wish him the best of luck, if hes on his game he could be a matchwinner in those conditions.
I think we can win! go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Thu May 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Agree Saintal. Knowing Dogga, I never even imagined him as a local coach let alone a SANFL coach! Seems to be struggling with it at the moment. Here's hoping he does not use this week to get things going!

Panther Pack - would definitely be good to see a decent crowd - crowds have been very disappointing so far this year given all the hype, social media promotion and wins. Hoping Sunday is the start of some much needed interest voting with there feet.

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Every game is important......but this one is critical regaining that momentum.
We are travelling much better than the Legs currently & yet I still feel somewhat uneasy about this game.
Agree with B&W Phillips is always a difficult match up....would someone like Rankine match him for speed?
Norwood have struggled up forward & there must be times Dugga would be tempted to pull on the boots....reckon we have the edge here with a much more potent forward line, believe the Legs may struggle for a match up on Eddy. Good to see Rolfey back....hope he has a blinder!
Keys for me is who will win the battle if the mid fields?
I hate this mob with a passion.......we need to win this !
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Simply must win as we have some seriously tough games just around the corner. Won't be easy but surely If we are on our game ( please some luck with injuries) we have the team to get the win! Four hard at it quarters!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat May 10, 2014 10:05 pm

South 13.13.91
Norwood 7.9.51

Great even team performance, even more encouraging whilst Eddy wasn't as dominant scoring as in previous weeks, we still could find other avenues to goal; Liked the look of young Haines, hard at the contest & took a screamer from memory in the 2nd half; Beware the Prowling Panther (5-1 what a fantastic start to the year)

Kudos to the Club, coaching staff & all the players.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Very Happy Good confidence booster especially considering the number of players unavailable and the pretty slippery conditions. Really good attack at the ball and consistent team pressure. Probably should have kicked more in the first and last quarters but we're earning the respect that Gotchy wants.
Well done to Gotchy the coaching staff & the boys great effort - bring next week Port will be harder.
Not as cold as I expected either.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat May 10, 2014 11:40 pm

I tipped South by 6pts figuring that our injury list would have to hold us back, yet to see the sheer determination we showed tonight, I have to admit that is something I have not seen in a long time at South!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 11, 2014 9:35 am

Great to get another win on our home deck and in very slippery conditions.

Thought it was a case of all played well with Cross, Gotch, Liddle and Mcleod all at their best. Haines was also very impressive in his first game in the seniors for the year.Rolfey also looked sharp in the first half especially.

We controlled the game from the outset and never really looked in too much trouble. The boys are playing great team footy at the moment and have a real determination about them.

Really impressed with how Gotch spoke at the presentations.

Crowd felt similar to last week.

GO U PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun May 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Couldn't get to the game but listened on the radio and sounded like a solid win. Port kicked sturt by fifty points today so it's looking like we will have to be playing at our competitive best to be in with a shot. I'd love to smash them! Let's bring our physical and clinical best against the magpies this weekend! GO PANTHERS!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Great win by the boys !

I'm liking this feeling ATM .... It's been am long time since I have felt like this ! 1991 maybe ??

Port this week ... Massive test for us. Spoke to a Sturt supporter today who went and watched at alberton today. Told me that port are that far ahead the comp especially being full time footballers . Big challenge that I am looking forward to seeing . Hope to see heaps of south supporters out there too Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum