Silent Protest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silent Protest

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 11, 2014 11:53 am

Hi all

As we all know the SANFL this year is different due to the inclusions of the 2 AFL reserves sides being admitted into the league.

I for one was very vocal against their inclusion into the league and I know a lot of other South supporters were as well.

When the club voted No to the AFL clubs being included I was so proud of our club and the stand we made unlike other SANFL clubs that bent over.

Will still support the boys on game day against these 2 AFL clubs however I don't want to acknowledge there existence in the league and particularly give there supporters something to carry on about.

Based on all this I am suggesting a silent protest on SA Footy from South supporters. Most who post on SA Footy would have noticed that I post every week on the upcoming games however against both the Crows and Power reserves games I will not post at all in the pre game threads.

Obviously everyone is free to do as they wish however would be great if no South supporters commented at all in the pre game threads of both Crows and Power games on SA Footy as a show of our disagreement with these teams being in the league!!

Thanks everyone.

GO U PANTHERS!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Silent Protest

Post by darley16 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am

As only one of two clubs that rightly voted no to this fiasco and given that Port are indeed a team full AFL players topped up by a handful of the very best of the Magpies players against which no SANFL team can expect to compete on this obviously bias, unfair, uneven playing field. I would implore the club to rest a substantial number of our league players and give our reserves and fringe league players the experience to play against an AFL team and by doing so lodge a clear and vocal protest against this most shameful period in SANFL history and against a club whose own history is full of deceit, thuggery and treachery.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon May 12, 2014 11:41 am

Yes agree with the above sentiments.. also the fact that Port are regularly fielding a side with 15 AFL listed players all on a minumum salary of $90k each = $1.35m against our club salary cap of $340k.
Hardly a level playing field one would have thought.

This season is a farce, the sooner the 8 SANFL clubs (excluding Crows and Port) wake up to it and grow some balls and banish this cancer from our competition the better, its an absolute joke. Twisted Evil 

Interesting to note that Steven Trigg will be guest speaker at our Chairmans function when we play the Crows in a couple of weeks.. I wonder what sort of welcome we can organise for him??
Will his guaranteed 4000 Crow supporters be in attendance or will they be NO-shows, or leave halfway throught the 3rd quarter when a loss becomes inevitable?

Mind you nothing would be better than beating the Magpies on their own deck this week, and make the rest of the competition stand up and take notice!. Very Happy 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon May 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Yes, I also made my thoughts on this matter quite clear last year. Unfortunately the opening 6 rounds have done little to remove any fears I had, nor has it softened my anger with the situation. For example the Bloods v Ravens game on Saturday night was nothing but a farce, with the Ravens fielding 9 'vagabonds' in their team after withdrawing a number of players in the off-chance they'll be needed for their Thursday night AFL match. Interestingly ex- Southie Tom Carroll was one of the borrowed players.

It's a shame in a way that we've finally started to play some decent footy in a year where the comp is structured the way it is.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:17 pm

I will not be commenting on SA Footy .

The one year we look great and are serious challengers ... These bastards come in the comp and dominate.

A absolute disgrace !

Last edited by Panther74 on Mon May 12, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon May 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Agree it's not a level playing field. The crows will not dominate but as for Port that's different. Unless they get injuries in their AFL team they will be near impossible to beat. Saying that I hope we can some how get under their skin this weekend and beat them.
If our players were full time professionals we would have more than a good shot but as we are not it will be tough.
panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum