South v AFL filth at Alberton.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v AFL filth at Alberton.

Post by blueandwhite on Wed May 14, 2014 1:31 pm

On the face of it this game is a David v Goliath contest.
A team of  semi professionals against a team containing 15 fulltime professionals. "The filth" has taken all before it so far this year, dismantling every team that challenges it; powered by its intense fulltime training,skills and weights, state of the art rehab and sports medicine facilities and a raukous, loud home ground crowd. The fact that their team holds an enormous advantage over the other sides in the competition before they even step on the ground, does not register amongst the unbridled euphoria at Alberton at the moment.
Frankly their supporters are like lemmings - blindly following their colours anywhere against anyone. They care little for the fact that their very existence is owed to the SANFL, who furnished the club with regular financial handouts not so long ago in the years where they were too scared to answer the door for fear of being wound up. Now they are not only biting the hand that fed it through those dark times, but contributing to the demise of a competition over 120 years old.

So far this year South have come a long way. Weve made enormous strides from being, lets face it, a disorganised uncompetitive rabble into a team that at is not only competitive but is now eyeing a top 3 spot in the finals. We are a team that is not only competitive but more inportantly we are a team- the players genuinely care for each other and all to a man are on board and on the same page.Testimony to this is last Saturday when young Joe Haines was poleaxed after taking a mark with a late hit. Every South player within 50 m came in and remonstrated with the offender and flew the flag. Previously this strong reaction was rarely seen, and I for one thought that this was a telling example of the the unity within the team at the moment.

This Saturdays game will tell us how far we've come this year and in my mind how far we can go. It will require a very good performance to take the points. Our defence will be at times under enormous pressure, and it will require a lot of pressure by our midfielders on theirs to make our defenders jobs a bit easier. Our Mids will have to run hard to get back and support. Hopefully we can win enough of the stoppages to give our forwards enough chances too.

Its not the most hospitable ground in the SANFL, far from it in fact, but I hope everyone who can will get there and support the boys.
Get away from there with a win, ...and dare I say it...!..it will be very,very hard to keep the lid on.. Very Happy
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South v AFL filth at Alberton.

Post by darley16 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:46 pm

AFL filth  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Great post B&W, agree with it all.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Wed May 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Agreed BlueandWhite a $15million FILTH. $15million that could have gone to the struggling clubs in our competition that actually paid it…The Clubs that built Footy Park. The very same clubs who are struggling to gain any sort of reward from the move to The Adelaide Oval. AND NOW their Messiah and fearless Leader is throwing down the "we need a better stadium deal" card. Better Stadium deal?. For F$!!!#k sake, how about paying your bills. first.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Agreed! the club took fitzroys spot in the AFL after they went broke and guess what? Port went beyond broke but unlike before the AFL props them up through the SANFL'S handouts.
Anyway my main concern is that we don't just show up and hope for a credible effort this Saturday. I'm sure we are a different beast this season and I hope we can fight like caged animals let loose on this bunch of turkey's.
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed May 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Awesome post B&W. Totally agree 100 %.

i find it very sad that this year could be our year ( I know early days yet ) but I could not imagine playing finals footy and getting kicked out by the FILTH!!

What makes me pi$$ed off is I have supported South through thick and thin...and there is alot of thins!! I attended games where I knew we were going to get kicked off the park by 100 plus points. ....but I went!!! Dealt with friends and other supporters laughter and arrogant comments like "South are a joke, should not be in the comp...etc..."but i took it on the chin. I used to say 'we will get there one day". Where were the FILTH supporters a few years ago?? Please tell me !!! They could barely get 15,000 to Footy Park but now suddenly they dominate the AFL/SANFL and now they are the IN thing. Like bloody sheep!!!!

What really got up made me angry is when the FILTH came to Adelaide Oval and I hear radio commentators state "port are back to their home"....Bull shit !!! Its South's original home.

The FILTH are slowly killing our local comp and in a few years you will find there may not be other SANFL clubs in the comp. I know the Bays are really struggling. Hate the Bays but to see a club struggle is very sad IMO. I would rather see the FILTH get kicked out.

Love to win this and I am sure Gotchy knows a bit about how Buddha Hocking coaches and some of their players. He would have done his research.

On TV on Saturday so hope we really take it up to them. I feel it could go either way. Win, lose by 1 goal or it will be a blow out. Let us hope its the "win".

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoop on Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am

This week's team has been named, as follows:

FF  Peter Rolfe  -   Alex Cailotto   -  Matt Rankine
HF  Jake Veide  -   Brett Eddy  -   Matt Rose
C   Brent Macleod  -  Nick Murphy   -   Joel Cross
HB  Josh Thewlis  -  Tom Fields   -   Frazer Dale
FB  Nathan Daniel  -  Luke Durdin   -   Brad Crabb

Ruck            Keegan Brooksby, Xavier Gotch, Nick Liddle
Interchange  Emmanuel Irra, Joseph Haines, Adam Gulden, John McDonald, Tyson Brown

In - Emmanuel Irra, Tyson Brown, Frazer Dale
Out - Josh Giddings
Scoop

http://www.insanitymultimedia.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sat May 17, 2014 8:53 am

Would love to win this game for so many reasons!!!!!

I'm really liking the look of our team at the moment the midfield has got some serious depth to it this season.

The backline looking very settled minus Redigolo which all good teams have a settled backline. Fields and Durdin have been very impressive so far and Crabb and Thewlis are back to their best form.

Great to see Hourigan back in the reserves team today if I remember correctly I think he was the leading goal kicker at the national u 18 carnival last year. He has some serious talent and once he returns to fitness a forward line with him Eddy & Rolfe will be scary for opposition teams!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 am

Love to see us South supporters band together and make some noise today.

Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat May 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Final score in the battle for top spot:

South 10.2
Power left overs 18.14

32 shots to 12.
57 inside 50s to 34.
12 goals to 5 after the long break.
The pros annihilate the amateurs.

Only real positives from a South point of view was 3 goals to Rolfey and some of Brooksby's work in ruck. Good win the ressies by the looks of it.

Felt no desire at all to attend today so watched on the box. Probably a good call in hindsight.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 pm

I'll support my team through thick and thin and yes I oppose Port in its current format but I want to watch us so I guess I had to cop the big loss we suffered today. Rolfe, Cross and Brooksby played well and Viede had a real go aswell. For 2 and a half quaters we gave a good account of ourselves but fitness between the two sides were a fair way apart. We won't be alone in getting hammered that's for sure. I wish it were a level field and we were as fit as them because I truly despise them!!!! Bring on the crows!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Big wins to the U18s and 16s.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sat May 17, 2014 10:18 pm

saintal wrote:Final score in the battle for top spot:

South 10.2
Power left overs 18.14

32 shots to 12.

Scoring ability and inside 50 told today story.

Looking at today's game the fitness and scoring ability of SPAM really sums up the difference between them and the rest of us.

At the end of round 7, SPAM have had 219 scoring shots, to 120 by their opponents

Today they really ripped us apart in the mid field after half time, on many occasions they were able to control the ball with accurate disposal which gave them targets up forward which we were not able to body up to them, resulting with scores on the board(we have to consider ourselves lucky they missed fairly easy shots on goal). On one occasion SPAM opened us up with 9 consecutive disposals to players standing by themselves without a South player with in 15 meters, which resulted in a goal to Butcher. There were quite a few times SPAM had 5 and 6 continuous possessions, which we were unable to negate

It is easy to be critical of the way we played today as it was far from the style we have been playing, however SPAM, being a fitter and stronger side, forced the South team into making rushed decisions with poor disposal as the game went on. I lost count of the number of times we looked up, chose a South player to kick to, only to find him out numbered 3 to 1, with no one near enough to help out, resulting in an easy out of defense by the SPAM. I was also surprised the coaching staff allowed SPAM to have more defenders in, or near our forward 50 meter line than our players, which resulted in being out manned when ever we took the ball forward, especially in the second half.

It was not the result we southies expected today, probably many of us thought a win was out of the question and we went there with plenty of hope that we could get over the line at the finish, a 10 goal defeat was not part of our thoughts. SPAM have given us a measuring stick to strive towards.

I thought Cross, McLeod, Brooksby, Rankine, Liddle, Veide, Thewlis, Haines were all good contributors while the rest tried hardbut didn't stand out.

Adelaide at home next week, another game which we should come out in front at the last siren.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyG on Sun May 18, 2014 11:35 am

RIP SANFL

Until they kick out the Port scum club & the Crows reserves and revert to 8 pure SANFL teams, we may as well just go to the cinema instead.
JohnnyG

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun May 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Id like to say the sanfl 7 directors that voted yes should hang them self in shame how can you have 2 different terms for the 2 afl clubs if we had to have them it should have be based on the crows model excatlely and if port didn't like it  let them go elsewhere im very happy the crows are bottom MICHANGALO is a serial lier the crows are happy with there reserves they got what they wanted they want to develop there players for afl  not winning premiships in the sanfl at the moment they have 3 that have had South Adelaide connections from us IM SURE OUR CLUB is keeping a eye out on there form for next year
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Mon May 19, 2014 7:07 pm

One way around countering the disproportionate advantage the AFL sides have in our competition is to either ban them from our finals or ban any AFL listed player from the finals. This would ensure that the winner of the SANFL finals is a real SANFL side comprised of SANFL players only. I don't mind playing stacked sides in the minor round as this could improve our side by playing against the best in the land but they should not be allowed to claim finals glory in SANFL as they are AFL players.
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum