Darcy Hourigan & Caleb Daniel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darcy Hourigan & Caleb Daniel

Post by Panther Pack on Mon May 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Both these boys have been out injured so far this year with Hourigan returning to the reserves last week and bagging 3 goals I believe and Daniel to return in the coming weeks.

I really think these 2 lads can have a huge influence in the second half of the season both have great skills and definitely strengthen our league team.

Hourigan was leading goal kicker in the u18 championship last year so having him fit and firing next too Eddy and Rolfe will give us 1 of the most potent forward lines in the league.

Young Caleb Daniel is all class as I'm sure everyone who saw him debut in the league last year knows what I'm talking about this kid will go AFL (height permitting) he is that good. In fact he is the best youngster I have seen at South ever!!!!! Adds more depth to our midfield, and his first touch is fantastic!

I believe these 2 lads could really give us an extra boost.

Thoughts?
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Re: Darcy Hourigan & Caleb Daniel

Post by panther magic on Mon May 19, 2014 6:45 pm

I don't like pumping up the youngsters too much so they don't get a big head but Caleb was absolutely burning in the trials before doing his ankle.Darcy was all Australian in the u/ 18s last year aswell. Caleb has talent to burn and although we should not rely on a 17 year old he will make a difference. His tenacity and skill will be very important, as will a fit and firing Darcy Hourigan. Add Boyd when fit and Bass when he returns and our forward/ ruck department is top notch. No more injuries please and we can only improve big time!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Mon May 19, 2014 8:45 pm

It will be interesting next time we play SPAM and we are able to have our injured players back and they lose a couple in their top side which will bring their seconds back a cog or two.

Still if we dont play against the best we will only fall back to average To win the GF we will have to beat the best.

Strive forward.

prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Tue May 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Panther Pack, agree with your thoughts, both quality players; Darcy adds another dimension to our forward line, takes the pressure off Eddy & automatically takes the opposition key defender; Reckon most opposition would struggle to match up against the two.

Caleb....well he's an absolute goer, runs his guts out & has the makings of a champion midfielder; He would just compliment an already powerful midfield.

We will be better for the experience playing the Warfs, reckon we were very shakey in the first quarter, almost seemed intimidated; Our strongest line up & a four quarter performance & confident we can match it with the premiership favourites.

Crucial game against the Crow boys, looms as a danger game, form wise we should have their measure.

Win well & we get that breathing space in the top 3, lose & we start getting within reach of those teams 5th to 7th challenging for finals.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum