South Adelaide V Crows

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South Adelaide V Crows

Post by panther magic on Tue May 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Big game on Sunday against another Imposter team! Won't be easy but I expect with a hard nosed pressure packed effort we can get the points. Would anyone change the line up for Sundays match? You would think Boyd and McKay in, maybe Hourigan aswell? Can't wait for the chance to redeem ourselves after last weekends loss.
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: South Adelaide V Crows

Post by The Growl on Wed May 21, 2014 10:56 am

Struggling to garner interest for this one. Might give a miss
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed May 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Yeah i'am with ya Growl, these AFL games leave me cold, always support my club but against these 2 AFL teams it just isn't right. However given it's at Hicky Oval i will go, always support our lads at home.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed May 21, 2014 5:28 pm

I'll be there, be very interesting to see how many crows supporters rock up.

Tipping us to win and hope Hourigan gets picked in the league team, would be a good game to run him into form!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed May 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Let's not get too cocky now! They pushed Norwood last weekend and although I hope we belt the stuffing out of them it may not be as easy as we think.
Our forward line needs more grunt and Darcy and or Boyd would be great inclusions.
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed May 21, 2014 9:05 pm

The Growl wrote:Struggling to garner interest for this one.  Might give a miss

Agree with you.

Very much considering missing this one.

Ill decide on the day....... silent

I am still very down about last weeks loss to Port as it looks like you might as well give them the premiership (on a platter) !!

Just can't get into this AFL crap in our local comp. Evil or Very Mad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed May 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Yep agree but , thats the way it is this year.. we CORRECTLY voted against the proposal and now unfortunately we have to deal with it.
This is a game we should win and we must win.
Will be there....Go Panthers!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Thu May 22, 2014 12:10 am

I will be there Sunday, Don't forget it is a 1.10pm start

Drop in for a steak sandwich before the game starts.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu May 22, 2014 8:43 am

Didn't go to Alberton, but might bite the bullet and go this week, mainly due to the fact that i've hardly been able to see any footy this season, and part of me is curious to experience the sterile, flat, 'trial' game like atmosphere of a Ravens game.

The Ravens should be peforming better than they have been in my opinion, and should not be taken likely.

I believe this'll be McKernan's first game against us since leaving the club. A very good SANFL level footballer in 2011/12, now struggling to get a kick.

With the AFL Crows playing at 4ish in Melbourne and their supporters having been a 'no show' at other SANFL games this season, the crowd figure will be a concern. The mythical "4000" predicted by Chapman will obviously not eventuate. Had we been struggling on field, a sub-1000 crowd would be on the cards. I guess it still could be.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Thu May 22, 2014 11:06 am

I believe the same thing about the crowd numbers I doubt there will be 2000, cant see to many Crows people treking down South then return home to watch the tele, unless they live on the other side of the hill.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by roger ramjet on Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 pm

I cant believe that south supporters would not go and support the Panthers against the Spam , The Fruit Tingles or any other crap team ! Dont you think the players and all who are there would like to hear more voice for a real team rather than be outvoiced by opposition mugs most of whom dont know the game . ( says me ) I say just bloody well get there and support YOUR team , coz I know they will be doing their best for you as well as themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes 
roger ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu May 22, 2014 8:41 pm

roger ramjet wrote:I cant believe that south supporters would not go and support the Panthers against the Spam , The Fruit Tingles or any other crap team ! Dont you think the players and all who are there would like to hear more voice for a real team rather than be outvoiced by opposition mugs most of whom dont know the game . ( says me ) I say just bloody well get there and support YOUR team , coz I know they will be doing their best for you as well as themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes 

see you there Roger!!!!!! Laughing Laughing 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Sat May 24, 2014 1:53 am

Watch McKernan have his best game of the year against us.  That guy has the heart of a pea, but talent to burn.

We should still win, but I wouldn't mind betting they are with us at half time, perhaps even three quarter time.
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sat May 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Didn't enjoy last week, not a fair competition for all teams, but I like Gotchy's approach to the situation. Next we take on the other mickey mouse team so lets really show them and get back to our good form.
Surprised Hourigan not picked but everyone now has to earn a spot I suppose.
I expect that they will give us a run for our money.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Somebody tell me that was just a bad dream please?

Have had plenty of bad days at the footy, but felt numb watching that today.

Third term downright embarrassing. Looked complacent all day. Game had no intensity in the first half.

RPH said a crowd of around 2100. Bollocks. SANFL fudging figures.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun May 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Oh what a horrendous third quater! Unacceptable! Where was the passion and voice! The first quater and a half was ok,definitely not good. That's like last years woeful footy!!! Just when I thought we were doing ok wham!!! Not much positive to come out of that. We we were just crap! A couple of players showed their true colours and they are not up to league standard!!!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun May 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Speechless !!! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun May 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Hell, I thought we sold 2100 cups of chips today on 'the hill'.

It is very hard to guesstimate the crowd when the place is fairly full of cars, not easy to work out how many sit in their cars and watch the footy, this also helps to add to the "no atmosphere" at our home ground. How can they be encouraged to get out of the car and create some thing for the players.

I had a quirky feeling that today was going to be the day when the crows put it all together, they did for one quarter nd the damage was done.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun May 25, 2014 8:25 pm

panther magic wrote: A couple of players showed their true colours and they are not up to league standard!!!!!!!

Yep, we have been carrying them for a while, time to make the changes before its too late.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Sun May 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Think Adelaide Kicked 9 goals in 3rd quarter but I could be wrong. Either way premiership teams dont concede that many goals in a quarter.

Oh well always next year!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun May 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Think Adelaide Kicked 9 goals in 3rd quarter but I could be wrong. Either way premiership teams dont concede that many goals in a quarter.

Oh well always next year!!!!!

Yeah 9. Plus 4 of the last 5 in the 2nd term.  Exclamation 

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun May 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Still in shock!
Third quarter was absolutely diabolical.
Smashed in contested ball & clearances.  Had no answers for Reilly playing loose in defence.
Yes, we came back in the last, but it was too late; I'm concerned 3rd quarter was reminiscent of performances last year; I don't want to see that again!  Evil or Very Mad 
I still can't fathom this AFL in our comp......today had the atmosphere of a trial game.
2 weeks now for Gothca to address the 3rd quarter fade, & demand the playing group to step up.
What better challenge against a red hot Sturt side on their home deck.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun May 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Well I went expecting a very easy win Im pretty sure our players were expecting it as well The first quarter and a half, when we were 3 goals up you could sense the way our players were playing like Hollywood football it was going to just happen, It took the start of the last quarter for our players to relise it just wasn't just going to happen I thought we are a top 3 team our next game against Sturt becomes a mini final
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon May 26, 2014 9:01 am

Pretty disappointing result. The first two quarters were reasonable, but I thought our overuse of the ball particularly by hand kept the Crows in touch and limited our chances to hit the scoreboard. We went in at halftime with a narrow lead.
The 3rd quarter was just plain ridiculous as we were just blueandwhite witches hats as the Crows ran riot kicking 9 goals to our zip. The Crows pressured us and we coughed the ball up constantly ,they ran into their forward line completley unchecked and smashed us.
The last quarter was our best quarter of the game where we were far more direct and precise with our movement, this resulted in us winning the quarter and showing a bit of spine.
However Im sure Gotchy would be livid with our 3rd quarter effort. Unfortunately when the pressure is on we seem to go missing. I think there are 4-5 players who played yesterday who will be more than a bit anxious when selection night comes along in two weeks time. Some of them are clearly not up to it and we have had some good performances in the Twos of late so there is no shortage of potential replacements. Im thinking Daniel and Hourigan will be right and be ready by then.
We have lost 3 of our past 4 matches after such a bright start to the year, its time to get back on track and what better way to do it than belting the Double Blues in 2 weeks time.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:25 am

Overuse of the ball particularly handball that seemed one too many combined with the ineffective skill level of our handball being over players heads or at their feet. To be honest i thought the players looked exhaused at half time, i think we are the only SANFL club to play both AFL sides two weeks in a row (correct me if i"am wrong) and i think their bigger bodies took its toll as we are not a big side but rely on pace, something that AFL teams also have so the result does not surprise me. The team will be better for the break, freshen up and regroup, this is a good side and well coached no need for panic.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum