South v Dogs..

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Dogs..

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Massive game for us. We need to win to keep in touch with the top 3. A few teams below us are getting a head of steam up. Season on the line in the next month with some tough but in my opinion winnable games.
Go Yee Ohs! Twisted Evil 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Dogs..

Post by Spiritof64 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:04 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Massive game for us. We need to win to keep in touch with the top 3. A few teams below us are getting a head of steam up.  Season on the line in the next month with some tough but in my opinion winnable games.
Go Yee Ohs! Twisted Evil 

Yeupp!
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Massive game.

Norwood and North Adelaide right up our backsides and waiting for us to lose so they can take our spot. We need to be strong and win. Too also show the competition that we are "the real thing" in 2014.

I think we can do it. Some small changes to be made IMO.

Dogs will be full of confidence from their win against the Adelaide ressies. We need to be prepared Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:39 pm

I assume Shannon Snook has given it away? Hasn't been named in the twos for a number of weeks now and not on the injured list. Just curious.

Looking forward to saturday's match.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:17 pm

I messaged the club and they told me that shannon has quit due to increased work commitments. Which is sad I rated him as a quality small forward.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Who will be left out of the selected side on Saturday ?

Some very hard calls there to be made  Shocked 
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:03 pm

scooby68 wrote:I messaged the club and they told me that shannon has quit due to increased work commitments. Which is sad I rated him as a quality small forward.

That old chest nut. I think others went passed him.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah possibly. Had a reasonable start to 2013 but struggled after that. Would have been interesting to see how he fared in a better team this year, but I guess his reserves performances weren't enough to warrant selection.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Clubs communication is interesting. Get ample advice on players birthdays and shopping centre appearances, but if a player leaves the club, or we loose a major sponsor, or have boundaries adjustment, or can't pay our bills, it's deafening silence.

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:35 am

JoPan if you want the right answers, just ask the right people the right questions and I reckon they will give them to you right away. I assume you have done that. The Club is very transparent, there is NOTHING to hide.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Final Central 13-6 South 11-8
What a disappointing loss after seemingly having control in the 3rd quarter.
After a promising start to the season, things are now starting to get a bit shaky.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm

That one hurts. Could have buried the Dogs and put the game beyond doubt during the second half but weren't good enough.  Evil or Very Mad  

The reversal of the Veide goal in the final term was pivotal at the time. Anybody know why this happened?

Failed to make the most of Brooksby's dominance in ruck.

Third loss this season by 2 goals or less. Cant win the close ones. Crucial loss in the context of the season.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Missing Thewlis and fields hurt but having said that the inability to hit targets going forward was bad! I counted four poor kicks going forward that missed targets within a ten minute period which is just not good enough. The overuse of handball was also an issue. Today's game was there for the taking and our last quarter was not up to scratch. Centrals play a no frills brand of footy that has stood the test of time. Don't think of finals because we are not playing good enough footy to make it!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Once again when the moments counted we were not able to stand up against a team that were coming at us.

Very poor decisions and disposals hurt us when most needed.

We cannot keep relying on our best 5 players to continually stand up after taking a battering for 3 quarters of the game and steer us to a win it is now time for all 21 to stand up, be accountable, do your bit for the team.

And if I ever see Veide try to take some stupid speccy when its not needed or its impossible to get, then I am going to go down and stick the footy up his ask. I can semi handle giving away a 25m because of frustration from an opponent beating you or not understanding an umpiring decision but I will never understand DUMB,DUMB,DUMB.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:22 pm

scratch 

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Well said prowler some mind boggling dumb football moments today. A couple of players made some of the most stupid decisions possible! Some of the boys look like rabbits in headlights at times and it's frustrating to watch. They just don't seem to have confidence in themselves collectively to put away a match that should have Been won.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:12 am

Just really shattered tonight. That one hurt.

Some of the skills errors were deplorable from us. To Centrals credit they applied the pressure on us well.

Some players for us went missing today and some others are lucky to be in the side ATM. Some really stupid , not using the brain footy played today.....just simple stuff. Overuse of the ball, handball happy, short passes falling short for another player to mark, players jumping into backs when the ball has gone 10 meters over their head,,,,should I go on!!!???

Kills me to say that us Southees get promised so much and have so much hope every year but we just let ourselves down when it counts time and time again !!!!

Centrals a team out of the 5 played hungry footy...and got the results. They wanted it more then we did.

Agree with Panther Magic, finals are looking a long way off ATM.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:23 pm

I couldn't believe what I was seeing at times. Stupid, dumb mistakes. Leadership fell away. Very Very disappointing. By the way, out of interest, I thought Veide had kicked a goal in the last quarter. So I went to the loo, when i came back there was no score on the board. What happened?
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:19 pm

bluecat wrote:I couldn't believe what I was seeing at times. Stupid, dumb mistakes. Leadership fell away. Very Very disappointing. By the way, out of interest,  I thought Veide had kicked a goal in the last quarter. So I went to the loo, when i came back there was no score on the board. What happened?

Free kick against us for holding apparently, then a 25m penalty paid against Veide for playing on.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 pm

We gave away a free in the contest, Veide must have thought it was our free, played on to what he thought was advantage, run into the open goal, result disallowed = 25m penalty against him.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks guys.. really confused me at the time. quite embarrassing too. I was yelling out compliments to Veide when I came back from the toilet and wondering why everyone was giving me stupid looks. LOL
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:46 am

Disappointing for sure but i could not fault the players desire and never give up attitude, this team is still developing and regardless of the results they have not let down this long term South supporter all year, there are wins ahead and some losses as the team shifts from a hope mentality to a can mentality. We are not far away you can see it in every game, some you win some you lose but the improvement is obvious.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:45 pm

To darley16 I must have been to a different game than you, I have to agree with all early posts we were 19 points up at 3 quarter time should have been more up and we didn't give a yelp in the last quarter if we want to play finals surely we must win these games
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 pm

paul wrote:To darley16 I must have been to a different game than you, I have to agree with all early posts we were 19 points up at 3 quarter time should have been more up and we didn't give a yelp in the last quarter if we want to play finals surely we must win these games

Do agree with you Paul. The attitude dropped, skill level dropped with the intensity after 3/4 time.

Heard Roy Laird tell his players at 3/4 time "kick the first 2 goals of this quarter and South will panic, they always do" We went to water pretty quickly and it was hard to watch.

We can not keep making excuses for losses anymore - this must change!! (which I believe is happening)
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:51 am

I'll have whatever Darley16s having!
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum