Juniors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juniors

Post by prowler on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:50 pm

For many years now we look at the results of our junior football teams and each year we see them at or near the bottom of the competition.

What in your views are the problem that exists in our junior teams that we appear to be non competitive for so long?

I have to admit, I do not know, or ever I had any associations with the junior football department.

The club appears to have the right people in charge of coaching the young lads in our zones, however the results are very disappointing, resulting in very few lads pushing themselves towards

selection in our senior grades.

I open it up to our forum members for either critical or constructional comments.

prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Juniors

Post by Spiritof64 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Living in the area for over 30 years I have seen numerous good young footballers being actively discouraged by parents that don't support the Panthers. Along the lines of "You're not playing for those losers".
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Agreed with what Spirit64 has said ....

As a local footballer in the 90s and up until 2004 in the SFL and GSFL ... We were seen as a joke and I know of a few players having bad experiences with the club many years ago which got back to other players ... That said , I believe we are on the right track now which is great to see Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:14 am

Forget what used to happen, Tony Bamford's U/16 academy will bare fruit, it won't happen overnight but it will happen. I just hope the club has secured Tony Bamford for many years to come as i feel he is just as important to club as a senior coach. The professionalism he and his support team are bringing to club's junior grades will spread out into our zone whereas previously there was a poor relationship this is being replaced with positive responses both amounst the players and their parents.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Agree with darley16 if you look at the results albiet brief of the u16 they are an improvement on previous years. U18 have been competitive but have seem to fallen away recently so I think all goes well, again not all juniors make league ranks we need more than what we have had in the past. We have not provided many draft choices in recent years (a good thing) however it has some merrit that we seem to lack a lot of good young talent.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 am

It may be only my perception but it seems every time our juniors start being successful a rezoning follows.
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:41 pm

It's largely a zoning issue. We have only half the players in our zone that some have. Assuming you have good people and structures running your juniors, and south do, much of it becomes a numbers game. We made some inroads with boundaries a couple years back and now our 16s have improved. Boundaries are still not equitable, but better, and you should see the improvement flow up I over next few years
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:00 pm

With Port Adelaide forgoing its city and country zones beginning next year, Im led to believe that there maybe some better news re zone allocation for the SAFC,
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum