South v North

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v North

Post by saintal on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Important game (obviously). A "4 point game" as they say.

Ins: Fields, Thewlis, Crabb, McDonald
Outs: C. Daniel, Giddings.

Nic Schwartz could probably consider himself very unlucky not to have played league this season. Has been among our best most weeks in the twos.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: South v North

Post by Ben W on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Personally I think this match is going to be the match that defines this season for us, we need to win this and win it well to show definitive improvement, drop this one and this season begins to look like most other recent seasons for the SAFC. I love the direction that the club is going with Brad Gotch and our current list, yet I think tomorrow match is our chance to show that we really have taken the next step forward as a club.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Agreed - this is an important game after some disappointing quarters in last few weeks, particularly last 1/4 week last game. No doubt self/team belief has been under severe pressure with injuries and late withdrawals.
We all want to see finals action and are feeling uneasy about our recent form after such a great start to the season and each and every game from now on is going to be a real challenge. However compared to the past, the losses (apart from Port) haven't been big so the next step is to have faith in the game plan and beat teams above us on the ladder.
In the big picture I feel the club is improving in all areas and I believe we will see that improvement and hopefully previous hiccups will be rectified.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:48 pm

OORAH!
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:28 pm

You little ripper!!! What a relief to pretty well know we had a game wrapped up at 3qtr time. Great effort by all and finally put a team to the sword!! Special mention to Brett Eddy who played a blinder!! Cross, Gulden, Rose, seccull to name a few played very well. Bring on the crows!!! Let's get revenge!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 pm

...."Like giving a pig a feed of diamonds.."

.....well done lads, lets get some momentum up by flogging the crows next week. Very Happy 
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Nice little percentage booster for us !!!

Can not remember the last time we beat a team by this much ??

I feel we learnt a few lessons from the losses we had over the last few weeks....nice to be rewarded for a 4 quarter effort Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Making the long trip back to Athelstone tonight was a really enjoyable journey. I was only able to get to the game at half time but gee, what a good half of football I saw.

We took North apart with constant pressure/tackling, I cannot remember a game where we have had so many effective tackles which put North right off their game, our boys were able to give the loose balls to a team mate, and take it out of the packs to our advantage Brett Eddy was terrific with his 7 goals, Joel Cross had freedom to use the ball, Josh Thewlis was very good he he attacked the ball repelling North on many occasions, Jake Veide worked really hard in keeping his man quiet as well as being very constructive around the ball, Brent McLeod, with his get the ball and force his way forward through traffic then finding a player, his run to open spaces was exciting to watch, Peter Rolfe and Dan Hourigan with their 3 goal each gave North a triple headache trying to close us down. The whole team contributed to this win, we owe North a few more hidings like this one, I am looking forward now to our clash with Benny Warren's Norwood team in two weeks, (we owe them a few as well), that one will be our defining point for the year so far.

The boys are being taught the art of tough hard football, they are willing and eager learners and being rewarded for their endeavors, great stuff Gotchy and crew.

I am trying to keep a lid on it.

prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Great stuff lads

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 am

After watching the South game via the club's match day website from London it was magnificent. Bugger the Wimbelton tennis , the Tour de France, the soccer ... - how good was that Panther win! In a euphoric state I then attended a Cricket match at Lords (MCCvWorld XI) - dominated by Aussies (Finch 154no). Worth noting that the county team whose home ground is Lords (Middlesex) is nick-named "panthers"! Go Panthers!
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:56 pm

An enjoyable day at the footy. Had to respond after the poor finish v the Dogs, and did exactly that. First 10+ goal win since 2006.

First half was a fairly flat affair, in front of an equally flat/sparse crowd. 13 goal second half very entertaining for the home supporters.

Eddy with 7 goals from 15 marks. Had far too much room to lead into. Gulden's disposal was a class above most on the ground, while Seccull had his best game for the club after an indifferent 1.5 seasons. Having Thewlis back gave our backline a stability that was lacking against the Dogs.

North's skills, discipline and willingness to run were deplorable. Young Barns a rare positive.

Terrible crowd. The concerning trends continue.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Wow you ripper! A great win is a strong response to the previous weeks fade out. We need that mental attitude to keep playing well and make up for the poor 3rd quarter that cost us the game against Adelaide last time.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum