Panthers v Norwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panthers v Norwood

Post by panther magic on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Let's hope we can play with a touch more enthusiasm this Friday night! No excuses for a poor effort with so much on the line! Lose and we may sink like a stone..... Win and we just may well be back in the mix, that's how crucial this game is! C'mon fellas play like it's a final!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Re: Panthers v Norwood

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:45 pm

I'll be there !!!

Huge game .....reckon we will come out firing and win .

If not , big trouble and looking down the barrel of the gun !! Sad
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Just returned from OS, followed last 2 games online & couldn't believe the form reversal; Our season starts now against Norwood.....time to stand up....don't want to hear excuses!
Lose here, & agree P74 will be pushing up it uphill.
Don't want another season of broken promises.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:05 pm

League
F: Cailotto, Eddy, Liddle
HF: Seccull, Hourigan, Macleod
C: Gotch, Gulden, Cross
HB: Dale, Thewlis, Murphy
B: Fields, Crabb, Rose

R: Brooksby, Veide, C. Daniel
INT: McKay, N. Daniel, McDonald, Giddings, Taylor
IN: N. Daniel, Giddings, McDonald, McKay
OUT: Durdin (hamstring), Rolfe (knee)

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Looking to see some energy & self belief that will get us a win in one of the most important games of the season.
Its hard to believe our bad luck with injuries given our depth wasn't great to start with. I believe we're on the right track with Gotch & his coaches so with the right attitude we can get over them again, and cement a finals spot.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Final Nwd 10-7 SA 7-12
First quarter Nwd 8-0 SA 0-4
Such an important game, & we give Norwood that start.
In effective disposal into our 50.
I'm not conceding just yet, but current form & our run home...is gonna be pretty tough!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 pm

What a turd first quarter! Big game everything on the line and they dish that up? Why do that and spend three quarters digging themselves out of a huge hole?? Yes the effort was better after quarter time but does that qualify for an honourable loss? Dont think so!!!! Our finals chances have pretty well been blown away.
Yes we are making positive steps forward but let's not get ahead of ourselves as they're only small steps!!! Not happy!!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Someone please tell me how we go from 4-0 to now 7-7 ?????????????? And sitting precariously in 5th position with North breathing down our necks.
I acknowledge we've had rotten luck with injuries....but I refuse to accept this a sole excuse.

Some Points to Ponder:

-The opposition underestimated us early
-Injuries exposing our lack of depth in the club
-Brooksby seems to have lost early ruck dominance
-Rankine's form - looked a million dollars early - now can't crack the league team
-Eddy reliant - Shut down Eddy/Shut down South (need more contributors on the scoreboard)

As a team, we seemed to have the lost the confidence & belief we had early & this is reflective of our current skill levels.

And why in recent times, do we seem to go completely missing for a quarter?????

I just don't know what to think anymore...here we go again  Rolling Eyes
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:05 am

Agree PP .

Once again us South supporters are given false hopes and have our hearts shattered again for the season !

I reckon our season is shot now . You don't get 8 goals kicked on you in the first quarter to expect to win .

I feel a few players need a kick up the backside too! Or dropped to the ressies . The attitude and intensity was not there. Some good ressies players like Schwartz etc .... That could be given a go now.

Bloody heartbreaking ! Sad

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 am

Losing is hard to take but when the efforts there it's bearable, last night I was an oger at the football! I was genuinely mad with the inept effort early in the match. Gotch had them in the huddle for an extended period at the quarter time break and must have said some harsh words because after that they pulled their fingers out!
Why does it take that for a response? Or maybe I have delusions of grandeur because we are just not that good?
Our quarters of non existence just keep on keeping on and have so for far too long. Yeah we restricted Norwood from scoring a goal for nearly a half of footy but on a cold duey night to let them kick 8 in a quarter hurt!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:05 pm

What happened to black panthers post about poor leadership and questioning a couple of players that might have played a role in the removal of the previous coach? Don't tell me this is becoming like the south with confronting but factual comments / questions being removed / ignored? Come on. Let us supporters have some freedom of speech on here at least?

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

JoPan wrote:What happened to black panthers post about poor leadership and questioning a couple of players that might have played a role in the removal of the previous coach?  Don't tell me this is becoming like the south with confronting but factual comments / questions being removed / ignored?  Come on.  Let us supporters have some freedom of speech on here at least?

I can assure you that I have not seen nor edited that post.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Likewise .... No changes here of posts .
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:49 pm

I did read the post in question. Perhaps the author withdrew it

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Was watching the first quarter on the live streaming and it just looked like a training drill for Norwood after they got the first goal. I'm pleased we didn't throw in the towel after quarter time but am seriously concerned that most weeks we are putting in one terrible quarter that is costing us the match. The side is still learning and I believe Brad Gotch is taking us in the right direction but we really need to find some confidence fast otherwise we may be 7-11 and 8th/9th by the end of the year. It worries me as well that the reserves, after going through a competitive/winning streak seem to be being beaten easily again at the moment. Depth clearly remains an issue. Will be keenly listening to the game v Port in a couple of weeks time. It is do or die for us especially with West and Central both winning yesterday.
UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

UKPanther wrote:Was watching the first quarter on the live streaming and it just looked like a training drill for Norwood after they got the first goal. I'm pleased we didn't throw in the towel after quarter time but am seriously concerned that most weeks we are putting in one terrible quarter that is costing us the match. The side is still learning and I believe Brad Gotch is taking us in the right direction but we really need to find some confidence fast otherwise we may be 7-11 and 8th/9th by the end of the year. It worries me as well that the reserves, after going through a competitive/winning streak seem to be being beaten easily again at the moment. Depth clearly remains an issue. Will be keenly listening to the game v Port in a couple of weeks time. It is do or die for us especially with West and Central both winning yesterday.

agree with these comments.....we need to win minimum of 2 of our remaining games,probably 3 to play finals.At least our destiny is still in our own hands at this stage. Our reserves and to some extent our league team are suffering from our extensive injury toll which is now really starting to hurt our depth.

Cameron De Visser - Ankle - Season
Peter Rolfe..Knee- ????
Dalton Tucker - Knee - Indefinite
Roland Ah Chee - Hamstring - Test
Daniel Bass - Ankle - 2 weeks
Jackson McMahon -Knee - 4 weeks
Lachlan Boyd - Shoulder - Season
Lewis Makepeace - Knee - Season
Tarak Redigolo - Knee- Season
Sam Richman - Knee - Season
Luke Durdin- Hamstring- Season

The first quarter was just plain awful on Friday night. The remaining 3 quarters- I thought we were all over them, and just failed to hit the scoreboard at various times to ram home our advantage. The umpiring was pitiful to say the least. I would say there would be 2-3 players who should be dropped after their lame efforts on Friday night too. Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:15 pm

More great news:

South Adelaide’s Jake Veide has been offered a one-match ban for tripping Norwood’s James Allan at Coopers Stadium on Friday night.

Deeming Veide’s action as intentional, the Incident Review Panel added it was an ‘’extremely dangerous’’ act which could cause ‘’significant injury.’’

Jake Veide
Conduct – Intentional
Impact – Low
Contact – Body
Level 2 Tripping – 125 Points
Additions/Deductions
- 5% Loading 1 match suspension in 2013
- 25% Deduction Guilty Plea
- 62.5 Points carried over

Total Points = 160.93
Veide may accept a one-match penalty with 60.93 points carried over. He will have until 9am on Tuesday to decide whether he will contest or accept the charge.

saintal

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum