Boundary Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boundary Changes

Post by Ben W on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Very happy to read from the SANFL that with the carve up and redistribution of Port Adelaides territory that we have recieved back the following areas - Happy Valley, Aberfoyle Park, Reynella, Lonsdale and O'Sullivans Beach.

For years people rag on our club stating that we have this great area of clubs that feed into it when the reverse has been the case and those southern areas have been allocated to both West and Glenelg.

In terms of Losses we have lost Clarendon and surrounding area to Sturt.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2615/
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Boundary Changes

Post by Andos Mullett on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Good pick ups. Happy Valley and Aberfoyle Park will be huge. Would have been nice to get Flagstaff Hill, Trott Park and Hallett Cove but you can't have it all I guess. The benfit of these areas won't be seen for a few years as I'm sure West and Gleleg are busy signing all the talented 14-18 years olds before the change over in late September. I'm sure our Club is doing the same with the kids we are about to lose back to Strut. We have had a shizz zone for years but hopefully things are slowly changing.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Excellent news. The additions (especially HV and AP) more than make up for the loss of small hills clubs like Meadows and Kangy.

While our U18s started the season in 'ok' shape, recent results have been dreadful and again we'll end up with the spoon.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Andos Mullett wrote:Good pick ups. Happy Valley and Aberfoyle Park will be huge. Would have been nice to get Flagstaff Hill, Trott Park and Hallett Cove but you can't have it all I guess. The benfit of these areas won't be seen for a few years as I'm sure West and Gleleg are busy signing all the talented 14-18 years olds before the change over in late September. I'm sure our Club is doing the same with the kids we are about to lose back to Strut. We have had a shizz zone for years but hopefully things are slowly changing.

I had a look and the new boundary comes up to the southern edge of Blacks Rd Flagstaff hill. Whilst it doesnt include the Flagstaff Hill FC as such,we now have all of Aberfoyle Park and a fair slice of Flagstaff Hill; also Reynella and Happy Valley. These areas have been rich pickings for both West and Glenelg over the years....
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:49 pm

About time! Great news for the club.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Well done to all concerned. I reckon the previous CEO Ben Kavenagh was a prime mover in getting these changes. From now on, perhaps South Adelaide just might might mean South of Adelaide after all.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Great to hear!! This will be a shot in the arm for our junior development.
panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum