Panthers v Eagles Elimination Final

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panthers v Eagles Elimination Final

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Well we made it...we are playing finals, thats what all teams strive to do from Round 1 every year. The fact that were playing finals is no mean feat when you consider where we were exactly 12 months ago. We do need to butter up again , and ensure we play finals again next year and be a permanent competitor in September every year. Too often in the past weve made the finals and immediately returned to the cellar again shortly afterwards, usually losing a sizeable part of the playing  group and a coach or two along the way.
Now that we are there, we need to make the best of it and see if we can get to play another 4 games this year and make the Grand Final. Its no good just making up the number.
Personally I think that if we get over the Eagles this Saturday night, we can get over Sturt and Norwood as well, and meet the interlopers in the GF.The Eagles may prove to be our toughest test though. They are strong where we are somewhat susceptable; that is their attack and our defence. Last time we met at Woodville I thought we smashed them our of the centre and at the clearances, which meant that the attacking entries they made were slipshod and inaccurate, which helped our defenders no end. It is most important we resume our ascendancy in the middle again from the word go. If we can win the ball on the inside we have the outside ball carriers and legspeed to run them off their feet.

All in all we rightly deserve to be playing finals, its time to get on the front foot and make the most of our opportunity.

GO PANTHERS!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: Panthers v Eagles Elimination Final

Post by panther magic on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Blue and White we do deserve to be playing finals agreed! That in itself is fantastic yet there's so much more we can potentially achieve out of this situation were in.
As a rule fourth and fifth are not much chance of actually winning the flag but this year maybe the finals series might just open up? We've beaten all the other teams in the final five so it's going to come down to lifting a gear and self belief!

The Eagles will be tough! They've got a pretty talented line up that when on song will be dangerous, but maybe they are not quite what they were. We've more than matched them in both games this season and I believe we can go up a gear, and on a a perfect Adelaide oval we have no excuses.

Let's get behind the boys, show up in number and cheer them on to victory Saturday night! I'm just trying to figure out where to watch in the stadium, I'm thinking on the hill / behind the northern goals. Does anyone else know where the masses will be congregating?

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Totally agree with you B&W.

I seriously believe the Eagles with be our toughest opponent.  If we beat them I think we could be creating something quite special this year.  I know I do not want to get ahead of myself but out of all the games it is this one that worries me the most.  We must win the center like we did last time we played them and shut down the $$$ boys (Wundke, Ainger, Grocke - if he plays)

Crabby did a wonderful job on Wundke last time we played them.  He can do it again.  I feel we must run the Eagles off their feet as we are fitter.  Get them chasing us around the Adelaide Oval and run them off their legs.

Panther Magic, I am not sure where all the Panther fans will meet congregating but maybe if there is some supporters here to suggest some ideas that would be great.  The northern hill sounds good.  

This game is live on TV on a Saturday night.  Yes, Panthers prime time on Saturday night (7.40 pm) up against Better homes and Gardens !!! Laughing
I would love to see as many of us there and show the viewing public we are here to play and make a statement.

I feel this is only the beginning of what I hope is a fantastic journey ahead of us all Smile

Lets get behind the boys on Saturday night.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 am

Have the same feeling as the other posters. Win this one and I'd be a lot more confident going in against (most likely) Sturt the following week. WWT have a decent side on paper, particularly the forward line, but if we can win the ball around the packs and keep the ball locked in our half of the ground (as was the case a few weeks ago) we will win.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 am

Word from those who know (apparently) Eagles are going to be ultra aggressive at us particularly early to knock out our mid-field influence in order to win for their retiring players who are their inspiration not too mention their ex-South players who will delight in our demise. This one will be tough really tough.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:11 pm

I think we have a more even spread of good players who are good runners and could potentially run the Eagles ragged! Their forward line is a worry, so I'm hoping our midfielders dig in and get first use of the ball! Tough game? You bet ya it will be, but I have confidence in the boys to do it! It's our time to shine, GO PANTHERS!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:19 pm

If we are seriously "ON" from the first bounce and handle the pressure of a finals game we will win. No catch up footy.  Full commitment from everyone is needed. NO first quarter mind fade. Because there will be NO second chances. Crabby needs to keep the "Show Me The Money Guy" ( I refuse to say his name ) under control like he did last time we played them. I know we are fit enough to tough it out.
Caleb Daniels needs to watch out because he will be a target. Rolfy has to be his old electric self because they will tag Brett Eddy for sure. But with Gotchy at the helm, a fit and focused South Adelaide,  and a bit of luck WE WILL WIN.
PANTHER ----PANTHERS----- PANTHERS---
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:22 am

And changes to the team this week?

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 am

Andos Mullett wrote:And changes to the team this week?

Should find out tonight .(Thursday)
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

LEAGUE

C DANIEL EDDY ROLFE
MACLEOD OVERALL GOTCH
MURPHY VEIDE GULDEN
N DANIEL FIELDS ROSE
TAYLOR CRABB THEWLIS

BROOKSBY CROSS LIDDLE

INT – BASS, SECCULL, DALE
EMERG: RANKINE, GIDDINGS

No change

Go you Panthers
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Let's smash em.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

darley16 wrote:Word from those who know (apparently) Eagles are going to be ultra aggressive at us particularly early to knock out our mid-field influence in order to win for their retiring players who are their inspiration not too mention their ex-South players who will delight in our demise. This one will be tough really tough.    

Have heard the same . It's going to be a battle !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 pm

I am looking forward to this with a more positive feeling than I have had for a long time. I agree with previous comments especially when you compare to this time last year and 2011 when we just made the finals with 8 wins & were knocked out by WWT.
We are a better outfit now, with really strong team ethics and a never give in attitude. It will be tough, their strength in attack against our defence stressed by injury, but our boys have been marvellous lately. If our terrific midfield can take the pressure off and assist with the rebound shown at Woodville a few weeks ago then the desperate determination of Crabb Thewlis & company will break them down. Including Giddings is good insurance
Time to get even, but it will be tough early, and any lapse in focus will be costly, but once we get past this game I believe our confidence will grow and we take it right up to any opposition.
Go you mighty Panthers - this is our time!!

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Yeah wanna smash this mob.

Have heard Adelaide Oval are concerned they might not have enough Pies for Wundke!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Absolutely pumped for this game!
Come hell or high water there is no way I will miss this game...Ive just recovered from the flu & have a red eye flight OS the next day for work.....but wild horses will not stop me from going.
Reiterate the sentiments of fellow posters; I undoubtedly believe in Gotchy, his game plan, the players & their ability.
I strongly believe our first final against the Eagles will be our biggest test...if we can get over the line....we are a huge chance in this final series.
Time to unite, blue & white supporters, stand behind your team in full voice, get there in numbers..cheer...shout & pump up the boys....share in the belief.
I'll be there with the family.....willing the guys across the line.
A victory Sat nite, & I reckon we could be on the cusp of something very special......50 years in the making!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Premier Panther wrote:Absolutely pumped for this game!
Come hell or high water there is no way I will miss this game...Ive just recovered from the flu & have a red eye flight OS the next day for work.....but wild horses will not stop me from going.
Reiterate the sentiments of fellow posters; I undoubtedly believe in Gotchy, his game plan, the players & their ability.
I strongly believe our first final against the Eagles will be our biggest test...if we can get over the line....we are a huge chance in this final series.
Time to unite, blue & white supporters, stand behind your team in full voice, get there in numbers..cheer...shout & pump up the boys....share in the belief.
I'll be there with the family.....willing the guys across the line.
A victory Sat nite, & I reckon we could be on the cusp of something very special......50 years in the making!

Agree 100 % with your summary PP.......get over the Eagles (who i believe are our most dangerous threat) then look out the rest.

Lets get behind the boys on Saturday night and cheer them with voice !!!

Go you Panthers !!! bounce
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:14 pm

And its all South Adelaide at Adelaide Oval! Smile

South Adelaide 13:11 (89)

def

Woodville West Torrens 10:9 (69)
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Karma bus hit the Eagles big time....and it was a double decker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Satisfying win. Wasteful in the first half and perhaps could have been 3 or 4 goals up at HT, but the positive signs were there. Jumped out of the blocks in the 3rd before WWT started to get on-top. Goals either side of 3/4 time from free kicks pivotal in the outcome, with South then running the game out better. Was fairly scrappy at times, plenty of stoppages, inferior footskills and a lack of pace hurting the Eagles.

Brooksby possibly best on ground, particularly enjoyed his work when the ball was there to be won at ground level. Cross again added goals (3) to his disposal count, Dale and Seccull were important, while the backline of Crabb, Fields and Thewlis kept the money men in check. Thought our tackling was excellent all night.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:08 am

I'm still coming down from the clouds so will try and sleep and see you tomorrow on here .

The Karma bus did come for a few tonight and bloody hell it felt good. !

Go you Panthers !!!! Amazing night  Smile

P.s - talking to a few Sturt supporters tonight ... They are worried !!! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by bbq on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 am

Went to the game with my wife who is a long suffering South supporter i am a mad North man she supports me I support her
What a great night for your club ,Iwish you all the best  but will have to step it up a gear to beat Sturt.
All the best this is what our comp needs a big shake.
A South V Pork grand final sweeeeet!  cheers
bbq

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:37 am

Good win bloody stoked! We will have to lift a bit next weekend for the Sturt game, which I'm sure we can. We were wasteful inside fifty far too often.
Having said that a good win and we can only improve going forward from here so look out Sturt!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 am

You bloody beauty!! Very Happy Great team effort with some excellent individual performances: Brooksby Cross Thewlis Dale ++.
Tremendous tackling pressure, strong belief, probably should have been  4-5 goals up at half time trying to be too cute inside 50 and a couple of defensive errors. Second half was very good.
Bring on the double blues. Go you mighty Panthers

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Awesome night. Go panfers

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:02 pm

So proud of the lads stood up to the pressure & expectation.
Felt we always had control, but at times with the time in our 50 just couldn't get that killer blow!
Even when the Eagles played it tough & inside we matched them.
Was at the Nthn end when Fieldsy was on Ainger; Went off when Ainger milked that free kick for goal.

Was there with some of my Nwd mates, they are quite worried with what they saw & reckon we'll go far in this final series.

Well done Panthers keep the belief!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum