1st Semi Final v Sturt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1st Semi Final v Sturt

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:41 am

Adelaide Oval 2.40 PM be there!

I think we can keep the ball rolling here with a win over the Beamer drivers.
Eddy and Rolfe are due..straight into the Prelim final Im thinking.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

GO YE_OHS!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Semi Final v Sturt

Post by darley16 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:08 am

Sturt were impressive against Norwood and i thought unlucky not to win that final, they are desperate not a go out in two straight losses so if the Eagles was tough this one will be even tougher. We shouldn't place any importance in our last game win against them 2 weeks ago this will be very different. No fingernails left from last week, this finals racket is killing me....and loving it Cool
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Sturt sturt chuck em in the dirt.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Rub em all around and have 'em for desert
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Can not wait for this.

How good is it to be involved in finals footy ? Seriously, I was on a complete high after that WWT game. To see all the South supporters that turned up on Saturday night was just awesome to see. I would walk past any South supporter and give them a "nod" or "thumbs up". Sort of like we are a band of brothers (and sisters).....which we are!!!

Now to the game.
We need to be better than we were on Saturday. There were a few concerns with the delivery in our forward 50m line which needs to improve. I felt we panicked a bit when we were going forward and some of the delivery to our forwards did not give them much chance. It seems other teams are focusing on Eddy so he is being tied up by at least 2 players.
Players for Sturt to be their shadows for the night.....Tambling (match winner and can change the momentum of a game in an instant!), Kirkwood (Margery medal winner and gets plenty of the ball), Duldig (huge body and with our little guys could push them over with his attack on the ball....can kick plenty if given any chance), Coad (can be another match winner when on song - beware as he sucks the umpires in by playing for frees), Anderson (stood Eddy last game and kept him to no goals....need someone to keep him away from Eddy).

I am nervous as hell once again and the "ticker" is getting a workout. Last week I was not relaxed till i heard that final siren ring !!!

I believe we can beat Sturt. Our confidence is UP ! Sturt would of taken the loss hard from last week. The thing is also Sturt were not too bad against the Legs last weekend. I watched the whole game and they did not make the most of their opportunities up forward and missed a few easy shots at goal. (a bit like us in a way...but we won).

Southee's - get out in force. Stick together, get friends and family along for the ride of creating something special.

BRING IT ON and lets beat those 4 wheel drive, Ralph Lauren wearing, champagne and cheese board supporters from Unley !!!

We can do this!!!! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Darth to cover Kirkwood..
Murph to Tambling....
Another big one  required from Crabby and Tom..
Eddy and Rolfey ,overdue for a big one......
tick all thoseboxes and we'll be into a prelim final..

Go Panthers
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:44 am

Yeah with Darth going to Kirkwood reckon our midfield of Cross, Liddle, Gulden, Dale, Gotch, Murph, Caleb Daniel, Red Dog can get on top and drive us towards a Prelim Final.

Thewlis has been massive the last 4 or 5 weeks impacted plenty of contests down back and really assiting Crabb and Fields.

Brooksby also in ripping form!!!!

GO YOU PANTHERS!!!!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Looking forward to this game. Gotchy has helped our boys develop into a real hard working group with a positive team orientated attitude. Very Happy  Very Happy  This should be a great game and we are a really good chance of winning.

It will not be easy but our spirit is stronger each week. Thewlis Cross & Crabby are leading the way Brooksby has taken his game to another level and as mentioned Rolfe & Eddy are overdue for a good one. BUT we've got 21 good contributors.

What I really like is that every player accepts responsibility and works hard to help team mates.
Lets go ... You mighty PANTHERS!!
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:49 am

Quietly confident our best is good enough.
Gotchy has instilled a mental toughness in the group when challenged they rise to the next level.
Reckon we're a real chance....but also trying to keep a lid on it!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:49 pm

NEXT!!!!!!
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:55 pm

How good was that!
Comprehensively smashed Sturt.
Great to see all the players at after match, & they all thanked us for our support.
Bring on the Magpies!
Hoping Power win tomorrow for our sake, with their player selection.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:40 pm

my safooty post:

Very Happy Very Happy

South were excellent. Sturt were woeful.

Much like last week, although South didn't put the score on the board early the positive signs were there, especially kicking into the wind. The first 15 mins of the 2nd term were obviously pivotal, with South winning the clearances and running forward with ease. Some of the slick handball and supporting run was great to watch. We were wasteful and probably should have led by 10+ goals at half time given our dominance. After a holding period in the 3rd South again ran away in the last, the margin blowing out to 14 goals at one point.

Interestingly it was 408 possies to 255, yet only 2 more inside 50s to South. Clearances a huge 49-19 advantage to the victors.

I thought our backs were excellent again (Taylor and Fields in particular) while to manage 32 scoring shots (and 3 or 4 out on the fulls) from 44 inside can 50s can be put down to some excellent delivery and structure, lack of pressure in the mid-field, and some shocking errors in the back half from Sturt.

Rolfey turned the clock back to 2012. Few better SANFL players to watch at full-flight. Skipper Murphy named best by the club, Veide limited Kirkwood's output, and it really was case of 'all played well'. Beard clearly Sturt's most influential contributor.

After watching year after year of rubbish football, days like today are certainly all that much more rewarding as a result. Hopefully the players can 'keep a lid on it', as there is a GF spot on offer next week.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:41 pm

How good was that!

That was fantastic.

A really good team effort today from the Coach and his assistants.

Bring us port Adelaide Reserves next week so we can carve them up.

Keeping a lid on it at the same time

THERE ARE NO LIMITS
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bluecat on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:24 am

I don't think I have seen a better team effort than that for bloody a long time. No passengers just a great TEAM effort from everyone including The Coach, the coach assistants support staff. An absolute beauty.
bluecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:35 am

Just watched the reply on tv again ... Amazing performance !

Can't sleep , pumped up ....

Going to be a tough game against the filth .... I think we can do it .

Man , I need a sleep...... See you all tomorrow !

How bloody good a feeling is this ???? bounce
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Wow! Fantastic! I cannot remember a game where we have played so well for many years. EVERY player contributed - and the score... terrific !!
Like many people I expected a really close game. Well done Murphy Thewlis Brooksby & all the boys.

Bring on next week , it will be a tougher contest BUT we all know that our boys can do it.
As Brooksby said to me at the presentations " 2 games to go"

How good is this ??!!
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Panther74 wrote:Just watched the reply on tv again ... Amazing performance !

Can't sleep , pumped up ....

Going to be a tough game against the filth .... I think we can do it .

Man , I need a sleep...... See you all tomorrow !

How bloody good a feeling is this ???? bounce

BUGGER, I forgot to set the video recorder before I left for the footy.

Any one know the link that is needed to view on the internet.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Let's hope we can turn up this sort of performance against port this weekend!! Will be tough but we can do it. I Have the confidence to say get past port and we can run Norwood off their feet in the GF! We just have to lay it all on the line to get there!!! Go boys let's smash the AFL wombats!!!!!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Not sure anyone else noticed the sheer arrogance of the Magpies running onto the oval for their warm up as soon as the final siren sounded. South and Sturt hadn't left the ground yet and those tossers didn't give a shit. The 'legs waited till we'd cleared the oval before they came on.  Evil or Very Mad Mad Twisted Evil
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Funny Spiritof64 I thought the same and could not believe my eyes when they came out before the players had left the ground without having a bit of celebration with the supporters ( port starting kicking right near our cheer squad !)

Just for the record , I had my 4 year old daughter in my arms near the players race as the players walked off I got some high 5's and my daughter was all wide eyed ... Fantastic feeling !

I stood up talking to a few supporters and was aggressively told by a filthy port supporter too " no standing in the f&&king alise ... You South loser w$&ker" ... A port supporter who seemed confused as he was in the power jumper ... I still had my daughter in my arms.

I kept my mouth shut as I did not want to make a scene .....

Man , we need to beat this lot !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_South on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:26 pm

I cant recall seeing south every play that well! As error-riddled and stop=start as Sturt were, I think it is more a reflection on how well we played. And that big bomb from a kick in that went over the head of the pack and into the centre where Rolfe took on and beat two opponents, handpassed on to a passing player who in turn ran into an open goal will be etched in my memory forever. That was only mid-2nd quarter but sealed the game imo.

Never have we been in a better position to win a prelim and a spot into a grand final in my life time! We can beat the B-graders. They will lose Young as well as he will take White's spot in the Power lineup next week.
Sir_South

Back to top Go down

Post by bbq on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:01 pm

I must say that was one of the most disciplined teams I have seen .No passengers or receivers.Everyone went about their jobs,Forcing numerous turnovers and capitalizing.
All the best for the game against the other team. cheers
My wife is thrilled but can't make it  so I will barrack harder for the two of us.My team is and always will be North but I hope you smash them! Very Happy
bbq

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritof64 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 pm

P74 I also noticed a lot of those Power jumpers being covered with brand new straight out of the bag prison bar jumpers.

Band wagon anyone..
Spiritof64

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum