Preliminary Final 2014 South v Port Adelaide AFL Reserves

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preliminary Final 2014 South v Port Adelaide AFL Reserves

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Well we've made a Preliminary Final. It will be our first since 1991.
We've made monumental strides this year; weve managed to get deep into the finals with a first year coach; a crippling injury list; a Ken Farmer medalist who walked out on the club, and competed in a compromised competition which now involves 2 teams littered with full time professional players.
What a fantastic effort by first year coach Brad Gotch. Hes installed a 21st century game plan, which the playing list has grasped and is now executing extremely well. Players who were just plodders over the last few years have grown as men and players under his reign. The improvement and confidence in players like  Fields,Brooksby, Crabb, Veide, Taylor, Secull, Eddy and Bass has been nothing short of phenomenal. Recruits such as Gulden, Mcleod, Rose look as though they have been at Noarlunga for 5 years!

It warms the hearts of supporters of this proud old club which has been starved of success ,to see our boys absolutely smash a premiership contender like Sturt and send them into mothballs.
We are up against the Power reserves team..victory would put us in the Grand Final. I think it is vital, absolutely vital that every person who has a little bit of blueandwhite in them gets to Adelaide Oval on Sunday and supports the boys .Dont veg out at home and watch it on TV, you just have to be there, and make some noise and fly the flag. gather your buddies who support other clubs and make a day of it...
whatever happens...BE THERE!

GO PANTHERS!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Re: Preliminary Final 2014 South v Port Adelaide AFL Reserves

Post by panther magic on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Totally agree B&W! This is a brilliant opportunity to push our boys to victory against this hideous mob! It would be so sweet to not only knock them off but in doing so make the grand final! The script is set, let's hope it plays out our way!
The belief must be there now, we've given them far too much respect, get in there and smash them boys!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:43 pm

.....mmmm....Conspiracy theorist in me..
.....but why is the Preliminary final being played on Sunday ..rather than Saturday afternoon...?? Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:12 pm

blueandwhite wrote:.....mmmm....Conspiracy theorist in me..
.....but why is the Preliminary final being played on Sunday ..rather than Saturday afternoon...?? Rolling Eyes

Funny isn't it B&W ??

Just watched Buddha Hocking interviewed

http://youtu.be/_c7JxcdMysk

As you can see the Port emergencies will be taken over to Perth on Saturday and if they do not play with the side will be flown back on a late flight Saturday night or on Sunday morning to play for the Port reserves....

I thought this game was scheduled for Saturday afternoon ??? Why the change ???
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:58 am

As long as our boys have the confidence and self belief we can beat these guys!!! If we show them too much respect we are doomed!
If we get the fundamentals right and can run hard all game we can definitely get them!
As Blue & White said, we need as many south supporters and neutrals as possible to get to Adelaide oval on Sunday and support the boys!!!
C'mon south smash port!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am

There has been so much to enjoy in this season thus far and beating this imposter in our midst on our spiritual home ground would have this Southie in rapture. Self belief, run, run and more run can get this done, this mob may be comprised of AFL listed players but they are RESERVES AFL listed players, no better by any means of any SANFL player and certainly no better than any player wearing the blue & white Evil or Very Mad
Fantastic to see the southern community getting behind our club, this is what the club has been wishing for since moving to Noarlunga and we knew that success and more importantly, sustained success, will see our club rise from that of courageous battler to a dominate SANFL force. Morally we are already there, remember we rightly voted NO!

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:32 am

....just wondering ..what if Buddhas plane is delayed ..what happens then..?

surely the SANFL will delay the game until he gets to the ground..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:48 pm

What I am hearing is the game will be delayed ....
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:12 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Well we've made a Preliminary Final. It will be our first since 1991.
We've made monumental strides this year; weve managed to get deep into the finals with a first year coach; a crippling injury list; a Ken Farmer medalist who walked out on the club, and competed in a compromised competition which now involves 2 teams littered with full time professional players.
What a fantastic effort by first year coach Brad Gotch. Hes installed a 21st century game plan, which the playing list has grasped and is now executing extremely well. Players who were just plodders over the last few years have grown as men and players under his reign. The improvement and confidence in players like  Fields,Brooksby, Crabb, Veide, Taylor, Secull, Eddy and Bass has been nothing short of phenomenal. Recruits such as Gulden, Mcleod, Rose look as though they have been at Noarlunga for 5 years!

It warms the hearts of supporters of this proud old club which has been starved of success ,to see our boys absolutely smash a premiership contender like Sturt and send them into mothballs.
We are up against the Power reserves team..victory would put us in the Grand Final. I think it is vital, absolutely vital that every person who has a little bit of blueandwhite in them gets to Adelaide Oval on Sunday and supports the boys .Dont veg out at home and watch it on TV, you just have to be there, and make some noise and fly the flag. gather your buddies who support other clubs and make a day of it...
whatever happens...BE THERE!

GO PANTHERS!

Perfect summary B&W.
Doesn't matter when the match is played still reckon we can roll Port.
In fact speaking with the players at the after match presentation, the players already knew they'd be playing Sunday (Maybe the assumption was already made the Power would win?).

Anyway hung around for the Norwood v Port Adelaide game after & what I saw of Port was a 20 minute purple patch in the 3rd quarter - all individual efforts.  Norwood exploited Port in the last with their cohesiveness & team play.....and that's our strength this season, 22 honest hard working contributors.....that's been the key to our success & it will continue.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:08 am

blueandwhite wrote:....just wondering ..what if Buddhas plane is delayed ..what happens then..?

surely the SANFL will delay the game until he gets to the ground..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Stiff sh*t to Buddha and the Power. Cool If you treat the comp with comtempt you deserve to be bitten on the backside
As for the Sunday timeslot, would have thought this was to avoid local footy and netball finals and maximise the coverage on sunday (i.e. I assume that the ABC and 5AAFL will call the game). A smart move in my opinion.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:03 pm

Hear hear B&W great summary. As far as I know this game & GF were always programme for Sunday.

I thought last week was going to be tough but we've got a group of guys here that are bonded together by a very strong belief and led by an excellent coaching team. This will be hard but we have a TEAM and they are playing as individuals & that's where we can break them down.

This is unfinished business. Go you mighty panthers
There are no limits

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Preliminary Final: South v Port

Sunday 14th at Adelaide Oval at 2:20pm!

Brent Macleod,       Sam Overall,`      Adam Gulden.

Caleb Daniel,          Brett Eddy,         Peter Rolfe.

Jake Veide,            Nick Liddle,         Matt Rose.

Nick Murphy,         Josh Thewlis,       Scott Taylor.

Frazer Dale,          Brad Crabb,        Tom Fields.

Ruck - Keegan Brooksby, Xavier Gotch, Joel Cross.

Interchange - Daniel Bass, Brede Seccull, Nathan Daniel.

Unchanged
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:12 pm

We can smash this mob!!!!

Boys playing great footy get around them!

Go u PANTHERS!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Am so nervous - I was there in 91 when we were favourites and blew it. Is different this time. This will have to be another total team effort. I have no doubt we will give it 100% for the whole match and if we do that we give ourselves an excellent chance of a GF berth. And if that happens I'll need to find a flight home! Come on you Panthers! :-)

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:08 pm

Another unchanged side. Although we copped our fair share of injuries during the year, the past 5 or 6 weeks have seen a very stable lineup, coinciding with our best footy for the season.

Brooksby the most important man on the ground. South must win the clearances.

Power team strong on paper. Games aren't won on paper.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:49 am

Go Panthers!

We are all behind you.

Reckon a number of neutral supporters will jump on board, so we might have a bit more crowd support Sunday; My Nwd mates are coming to support us hoping to see Port out & hep get us over the line.

The anticipation is killing me!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:08 am

I am really looking forward to the game, but I just know how nervous I'm going to be during it!
So much at stake in this game, just hope the players are focused, ready and not as nervous as me!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:57 am

I'm with you there panther magic !

Mixed emotions ATM ... Nervous, excited , slightly confident , fearful .... The melting pot !

I think the boys know what they are up against and keeping a lid on things . If we stick to the processes and structures like we did last week we are in for a massive chance to be playing a GF .

Let's hope the airplane back from Perth is late and the food a bit dodgy !

We are better prepared than them coming into this and this can only be seen a positive for us Smile

I'm at training tonight and can not wait ! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:00 pm

How did they train tonight? show any signs of nerves? or was it the type of hit out we need just days before the big game

I'm a bit worried how we are going to slow down the port run, we need to be right at them, not allow them space, Captain Josh will have his back line players pumped and rearing to go.

I hate to make predictions against port as they have a habit of biting you on the proverbial so I will go the home ground advantage.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:38 pm

After all it is OUR spiritual home so Port can get nicked!!! Therefore it's our home final so c'mon boys let's TEAR THEM APART!!!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Oh well!!!! We had a dig but unfortunately as I feared we lost! We looked tired and out on our feet in the third quarter and weren't getting to contests.
Great season boys and here's hoping next year we are even better! The only problem, when the opportunity arises you have to take it as we long suffering panther fans know it can be a long time between drinks!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Well that sucks...
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Numb and gutted.

Didn't take the opportunity that presented itself. Too many passengers and a lack of poise at crucial times. Didn't throw in the towel..

The salt in the wound is losing to them, especially under the circumstances.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Far too many fumbles throughout the game, thought Cross, Eddy, Brooksby and Caleb Daniel gave everything.
Gutted yes, but not surprised unfortunately! Do I put the loss down to us being out of our depth against mainly professional players, or we just butchered our opportunities through poor decision making? Maybe a bit of both!
We gave ourself every chance by leading at half time only to become bystanders in the third quarter! Yes there's always next year, but adios Brooksby and Eddy, possibly Caleb Daniel aswell!

Proud of the teams efforts this year and I hope we can retain the bulk of our list. Bigger and better next season!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Shattered tonight.

Numb, speechless and really no words can describe the feeling I have right now .

I feel like my guts and heart have been ripped apart.  

Can not be prouder of the boys tonight - gave it all !

I need to sleep as right now I am completely emotionally shattered .....so will be back when I get my head together again.

I had a few tears in the car tonight.

Great to see a lot of South support out there today .

Last edited by Panther74 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum