Pround to be a panther

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pround to be a panther

Post by gazbar5 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:33 pm

We won 3 out of 4 quarters to a team with a 1.6 million salary cap. To say i am proud of the team is an understatement. 12 months ago we had no team and no coach. Brad has brought us forward further in 12 months than fuller did in 4 years. The future looks bright. The team i believe will be even stronger next year and this will only strengthen them. The supporters who came out the woodwork for the finals need to be there for everygame next year to shout on this group of lads. We need stronger support at nourlunga which with strengthen the club. Get your money out your pockets and become a member.

GO THE PANTHERS from a proud member and supporter. king
gazbar5

Back to top Go down

Re: Pround to be a panther

Post by scooby68 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Every year we anticipate with much trepadation that we are going to have success, every year we get let down.
If anybody told me at the beginning of the year we would finish equal second only finishing fourth on percentage I would have said, what have you been smoking?
even at the end of the year when we were still in danger of missing out on the five we always still had negative thoughts because we have been let down before.
Well I think this year has been a resounding success we have/had the longest injury list in the competition including the two afl clubs

We are playing an attacking brand of football and very rearely got beaten by a big margin except power reserves.
We will probably lose 3 or 4 to the afl definitely caleb Daniel but who knows.
Also some players will go and hopefully we can get a few to fill the gaps.

Crabb, Thewlis, Murphy I thought had outstanding years Brooksby unbelievable.
Everybody had a good year some faded in and out. Mat Rankin, Roland achee (mainly injured)

so if you put that all together and we get our injury list down I think we will have another good year next year.

So don't be to disappointed about losing to power reserves (even though it was heart breaking especially being 17 points up).
it is what everybody feared but we prove that we can compete and with alittle luck like we had against sturt ie bounce of the ball we should have won.

cmon panthers.

Ps who do people think willmove on to bigger things or depart the club?
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Brooksby, Eddy and maybe Caleb Daniel off to the AFL! Tommy Fields a chance aswell. Hopefully no one else departs and we gain some quality ins!
panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

These 4 will be closely looked at, however they do make the nucleous for next year.

I am partially over yesterday's loss, it still bites into my chest, it will just make me more solid for 2015.

To the players, you gave us more than we expected in 2014, but now we know how much enjoyment you gave us all, we will be right behind you next season.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Cant say the same prowler. Felt terrible today at work. Even had people come up to me and ask the question "are you ok ?".

Very quiet day of reflection for me.

Not sure who will go but do agree that Eddy, Fields, Daniel and Brooksby are keys for next year but I would wish them all the best if they went....

I would say Daniel would be the stand out chance getting picked up IMO.....

I think the side that beat us has caused me more pain too.......

The players did a outstanding job and Gotchy is a mastermind.......we are very lucky to have him on board. Did anyone see the reply of his interview with Rhett Biglands at 3/4 time break ???? If you had it taped...watch it !!! His passion and drive is outstanding........and his assessment of the team at 3/4 time was spot on !!! .....he dropped the p*ss word too !!! Awesome to watch !!! Smile
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I've got it, wasnt going to watch the replay, I will FF to the 3/4 time break.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33 pm

prowler wrote:I've got it, wasnt going to watch the replay, I will FF to the 3/4 time break.

i could not watch the game but FF to my ugly mug looking shattered with tears in my eyes in the 3/4 quarter on TV (and on the big screen at AO !!)......got flooded with text messages from family and friends "we saw you a few times on TV!!".

Then watched Gotchy interviewed by Rhett Biglands.....unbelievable passion !!! Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes, Gotchy was livid, and rightly so. Refreshing to see such passion from a coach on TV.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 pm

An eventful season pack full of emotions: from hope & expectation through mid season disappointment to one of excitement promise & pride.
Yes we missed an opportunity to play in an overdue GF, but the passion is there to expect bigger and better results for the future.
Now that its all over I am very proud of Brad Gotch & his crew and the group of players in our club. To see them enjoying their footy, working hard for each other, trusting and believing in the team philosophy and being so desperate to fight for the team & the club was magnificent.
We have seen some players improve unbelievably, some play to their real potential and other unknown players grasp the opportunity and responsibility and play great football.
Perhaps some may get picked up to play at a higher level, so good luck to them, but more will want to play for our club because we have earned respect and success.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum