CEO resigns

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CEO resigns

Post by darley16 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Evan Arnold has been an excellent CEO one of our very best, he is leaving after 2 years, anyone know why?
darley16

Back to top Go down

Re: CEO resigns

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 pm

South Adelaide chief executive Evan Arnold will leave his position this month
AMELIA BROADSTOCK SEPTEMBER 29, 2014 1:03PM SHARE

The Noarlunga-based club’s board held a meeting about its future and chairman Andrew Luckhurst-Smith said the decision was made as part of a “new management structure for 2015”.

“(This) included Evan’s resignation,” Mr Luckhurst-Smith said.

“The recommendation focused on the need to ensure continued investment and resources by the club in football operations deemed critical to maintaining the on-field progress achieved at senior and junior level in 2014.”

Mr Arnold took over the position from Ben Kavanagh in 2012.

His departure comes on the back of the Panthers’ most successful season on field since 1991.

“At a time of many changes and challenges to our game in this state, Evan has displayed great competence and professionalism,” Mr Luckhurst-Smith said.

“He remains very encouraging of the direction the club is taking and is confident that the resurgence of the senior team and the improvement of the junior teams in 2014 can be continued.”

Mr Arnold’s last day at the club will be on October 10.

The club will announce its new chief executive in the coming weeks.
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Definitely one of the best we have had ... No idea why.

Seems strange the management restructured with him overlooking it but does not include him in a role .
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 pm

A real shame.

Have been impressed with the decisions made during his reign. During the AFL Reserves debate last season he was very approachable and took time to address concerns raised.

Cant make much sense of that article above.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:03 pm

The Official club e-mail was more confusing:

"I would like to inform you of my resignation from the position of Chief Executive Officer of the South Adelaide Football Club. Recently, I presented to the Board of Directors of the South Adelaide Football Club a recommendation for a new management structure for 2015 which included my resignation from the position of Chief Executive Officer. Importantly, the recommendation focused on the need to ensure continued investment and resources in football operations deemed critical to maintaining the excellent on-field progress achieved at senior and junior level by the club in 2014. This recommendation was accepted by the Board of Directors.

I would like to thank you for your commitment and support for me and the Club over the last two seasons. You have been very encouraging of the direction the club is taking and I urge you to continue your fantastic support for the club over the coming seasons. I am confident that the resurgence of the senior team and the improvement of the junior teams in 2014 can be continued as part of a period of sustained success for the club that will provide great enjoyment to our members in years to come.

Make sure you get back on board with the club for 2015 and help the senior team take one more step forward as a team next season. Membership renewal information will be sent out by the club later this year.

My last day with the club will be on Friday 10th October. As always you can contact the club on (08) 8186 8200 if you have any queries.

There will be further communication to you prior to the end of October regarding the contact details of key personnel within the new structure of the club that will take effect from the start of our new financial year on Nov 1st 2015.

Thanks again for your membership and amazing support of our club and go the Panthers!

Evan Arnold"

Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Why would he recommend his own demise in a restructure, i don't understand this at all and apparently no job to go to? The statement provides more questions than answers.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Is it purely a financial decision ?
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:43 pm

I don't get it !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed either, there must be something behind it other than "being restructured without me" type of explanation.

I wonder if the 'whispers' about financial difficulties has some bearing to all this.

I did enjoy being able to speak to and with Evan on occasions and his accessibility to members
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Bring back Benny Kavenagh!
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Im shocked Evan was very aprochable never heard a bad word said about him
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:12 am

Seriously folks, this guy took us from one of the most financially strong clubs into the league to a basket case in 12 months months, with and even worse result coming up this year.   I believe we are in such a state, that we we did not make such a move, the bank may have forced us to!  Thank god we have a experienced head in Neil a Sharpe overseeing football, or we would be totally stuffed.  Here's hoping the new structure can get us back on our feet after a crippling couple of years.

Last edited by JoPan on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:40 am

Wow that is no good. Hopefully the Club can get back on track. Without $ coming in our football programmes will be compromised.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am

Im very puzzled by this...
the announcement by the club and the Press statement to the media..ask more questions than they answer...It seems bizzare that a CEO would present a restructure to the Board that recommends his demise....?

Well...I along with many others will be very keen to peruse the Financial report at this years AGM. Perhaps the club could issue the financial report prior to the AGM to the membership, this would enable the membership to digest it and then if required ask a few questions at the AGM. In recent times the the Financial report is only released on the night of the AGM.
If the rumours of financial difficulty are true...I hope they are not...Id be very keen to look at ....."the restructuring that will enable us to move forward" ....that sees us without a CEO and 2 office staff who have left and havent been replaced during the year.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:55 am

Maybe a certain former coach has hurt us badly $$$$ wise ????

Might have cost us a CEO ???
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 am

Word has it that after 6 months of 'negotiation' by the CEO, the club ended paying out more than the former coach offered to settle for in the first place, not even taking into account legal fees!

Maybe some of the departed staff may return now he the CEO has been shown the door?

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Whilst its happened very suddenly, I am not all that surprised that he has decided to pull the pin. All people have strengths and weaknesses and the decision to move Ronny on and to get Gotch to the club history shows a year later, was clearly some of his best work. Clearly the process cost the club some $$$, yet I for one am sick and tired of getting letters from the SAFC gloating about how great their off field performance has been in gaming revenue whilst our side perpetually sits at the bottom of the ladder. If it takes some financial decisions to change it, then so be it then IMO.

Considering the calibre of the Senior Coach the club hired, one might suggest that the same opportunity awaits us to get a CEO that has the capacity to take the club into 2015 on the groundwork already set in place. The more I consider the decision, the more opportunity I see for the SAFC in it.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:47 am

Definitely time for a fresh start. So much hard work has been undone in the last 22 months. Let's get back on track off field to support what is being done on field.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:46 pm

This was totally a Financial decision. Simple as that.

Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:56 am

It sure was. It was also a financial decision to appoint a CEO 2 years back when the coffers were full. Now they are bone dry and we owe everyone money; the all-talk, no-substance manager has been exposed and shown the door, to cut the cash and staff hemorrhaging. Good move I say.

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:02 pm

JoPan wrote:It sure was.  It was also a financial decision to appoint a CEO 2 years back when the coffers were full.  Now they are bone dry and we owe everyone money; the all-talk, no-substance manager has been exposed and shown the door, to cut the cash and staff hemorrhaging. Good move I say.

Here hear. Onya bike. The AGM will be interesting me thinks.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Darley on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 pm

We also had to payout Ron Fuller and Brad Gotch would be paid a handsome sum as well. Mind you he did a great job
Darley

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 pm

Exactly Darley ! And it's was the previous CEO BK that signed Fuller for 5 years so don't think Evan can be blamed for this . Bit harsh IMO
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackPanther on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm

The problem isn't a ceo or coach....its higher...look at the decisions that have been made over the last 10 years! Who is going to hold them accountable?
BlackPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Some of you blokes are kidding yourselves with dated comments and with little understanding of our club, dare i call you "trolls" JoPan. Evan Arnold was an excellent CEO as are the appointments announced today with Trudi Hower and Neil Sharpe. The club is doing and has done many things really well in recent years and being a long term member i remember when this wasn't the case. Most clubs are battling financially and we are no different but i have faith in our board who care deeply for our club and don't just sit on web-site or blogs and post take cheap shots at those that take all the responsibility.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum