Andrew Jarman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew Jarman

Post by Ben W on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 am

AJ was in the Crows legend side last night and it was mentioned that he has now moved back to Adelaide and is looking at coaching again, perhaps in a development role. I think its unlikely that either of the two AFL clubs would pick him up, yet if they dont I do wonder if Ron would consider him for the vacancy at South? Jars did not fare well in the WAFL, yet did take North off the bottom to the Granny in the SANFL before North decided not to renew his contract. Clearly he can coach if he does have the passion for junior coaching that would not be the worst thing that could happen with our connection to the SFL moving forward.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew Jarman

Post by the prowler on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Jars being the jovial character he is, I somehow dont see him fitting in with the clubs current coaching ideals.

There is no doubting the mans skills in the game and his knowledge is right up there with the best of them.

It has been proven throughout the history of the game, that the top line players make poor coaches, you will find that the second and third string players are the most successful coaches, as they had to work hard at their game and realise what it takes to get the best out of the players you have.

Go through the coaches in the last 10 years at both SANFL and AFL level, then see which brilliant players have achieved the end results and the second and third string players who have made successful coaches.

Keep thinking outside the square BW, its all good thoughts.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 pm

I can't see Jars' ego allow him to be anything but the main man. Not sure we'd want anyone from North anyway, they are a basket case.
My tip is that he'll be state coach in 2011. Great promoter for game against VFL.
Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by souffovdaborda on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Way we're going we'd probably think this is a fantastic idea. No
souffovdaborda

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum