View previous topic View next topic Go down

2015 Expectations

Post by Andos Mullett on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Ready, set, go!

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 Expectations

Post by panther magic on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:58 pm

It's really hard to set the expectations too high as the SANFL is generally a pretty tight comp!
Last year we did really well and I'd like to think we can replicate the same form this season, but there are so many factors to take into account! How will the new recruits settle in? can we keep our injuries to a minimum? Can the players who showed promise improve further? Can our entire list improve individually and collectively? Do we have sufficient depth to cover injuries and put pressure on the more senior players?
Someone may be able to help me here but I'm thinking the last time we played finals two years in a row were 1991 and 1992? Hopefully that's just history and we have the coaches, team and stability to write a new chapter and continue on to bigger and better! Bring in 2015 !! Can't wait!!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by JoPan on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Can I pay $10 for a Panther club membership and get $5o worth of food again, and then $10 for a Past Player membership and get free food every half time and cheap beer?

I hate the summer when I have to pay normal prices for food and drink!

JoPan

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:13 pm

JoPan wrote:Can I pay $10 for a Panther club membership and get $5o worth of food again, and then $10 for a Past Player membership and get free food every half time and cheap beer?  

... And your point is ????
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 am

Expect finals again this year.We have kept the bulk of our team together, still have a lethal midfield and Eddy steaming out of the goal square. Brooksby is a huge loss and someone will need to step up big time to cover for him. Defence has also taken a hit Thewlis was so reliable back there especially as third man up and Fields 65 metre clearing kicks will be missed. Can we cover for these losses I think we can. Expect improvement from guys like Overall will really help keep us near the top.
Cross, Liddle, Mcleod, Eddy are all class. Go U Panthers!!!!!
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by westwing on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:47 pm

JoPan wrote:Can I pay $10 for a Panther club membership and get $5o worth of food again, and then $10 for a Past Player membership and get free food every half time and cheap beer?  

think i know what your on about mate..

if you were a panther club member you'd actually know that its $25 per year. if you actually knew anything about it youd probably realise that most members throw there book away and go and buy stuff from the canteen on matchdays as well. - the $25 is just a donation.
The canteen is manned by volunteers who give their time for nothing and over the last 3 yrs have pored 10s of thousands of dollars into the club.its ridiculous that they have to compete with another barbecue thats manned by a couple bar staff from jimmy deanes who are paid probably 30 bucks an hour each to cook a sausage; which costs more than the panther club barbecue!!!..go figure..
westwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:51 am

Going to miss devouring my Catholic fish burger this year.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyG on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:26 pm

(i) I've been thinking that the AFL via Essendon may have a major impact on our premiership thrust because we would have several players who may be picked up by Essendon in a "special draft" this season to cover their druggies....

(ii) ... and whilst i'm on that topic - how the hell are the Port Power reserves allowed to sign up Luke Reynolds (ex-Carlton) to play in the SANFL - as far as i'm aware he does not fit the criteria - does our Club have a view on this? or does everyone in the SANFL succumb meekly to those Power c****?
JohnnyG

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 am

Few more thoughts for 2015:

Make finals for consecutive season's for first time in over 20 years.

Make a profit for 2015 - 1 suggestion is give every junior player representing a club in our zone a free adult entry ticket to 1 home game. If we can get junior players from our zone and their families rocking up and spending money on food and drink and hopefully come back to more games. Might even help membership sales for future seasons.

Increase Membership numbers - Maybe buy 1 get discount on 2nd membership could entice more people to join.

Queens Birthday Game - Club needs to pump this game up and make it big. Losing the Good Friday game hurts as it is always the biggest attended game however we could make Queens Birthday just as big without the alcohol restrictions that come with the Good Friday Game.

Would love to hear what other supporters think we can do.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 pm

Everyone who reads the Gotch article should realize how fortunate we are! The club will succeed on the field , but our real destiny is still with the supporters who can turn our financial woes. We have half as many members as most Clubs. We need everyone from the local area to get behind the team and enjoy the ride. It will be great to see South raising the bar to membership and success! Go Panthers!
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:56 pm

Have you seen the injury list on the club website? Fourteen!!! Admittedly 9 of these are classified as "Test" but still it doesn't bode well for the start of the season. I would think that 9 or 10 of those would be first team selections (not sure about recruit Darrou).
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 pm

This will be a very even season, injuries to key players throughout the year will determine the finals, i think we've lost too much talent to make the finals (i hope i'am wrong). Sides like North and Adelaide will be better in 2015. Me thinks we will sit somewhere between 5th and 7th. Our star recruit Ben Darrou may not play until round 7 or 8 and given our tough early draw this could be too late. Our success or otherwise needs to come from our fringe or developing players who need to step up into league footy with some vigor.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Yeah agree darley16. I think teams to watch are North and the Eagles.

A positive start is crucial this Friday against the Bays as they will be out to make a point and stand about all their "off field" dramas over the summer.

Still think we will make the 5 though. Tough draw to start the season but I am confident we have unfinished business to achieve in 2015.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:15 am

Hopefully the club is maturing and we can have consistent finals appearances from now on. Losing players of the calibre of Brooksby Fields and Daniel will give others the opportunity to step up as they did.
Agree that a positive start is absolutely imperative and we will be targeted more after last season but I reckon we will still be very competitive.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum