My starting team would be:

Liddle Eddy Cailotto
Veide Haren MCleod
Murphy Gotch Dale
Daniel Overall Rose
Rankine Crabb Giddings

Bass Cross Seccul

Guilden Haines Kerin

Our midfield depth remains strong, Liddle, Cross, Gotch, Guilden, McLeod and Seccul are as good as the best on ballers we have had in the last 25 years. Dale, Murphy, Veide, Daniel and Rose add great versatility. Bass with Cailotto to be a strong ruck duo. Think Cailotto has every chance to play like Brooksby.

Haren and Eddy to be potent up forward with Overall to come once Darrou and co get fitness and form. Rankine to play down back with Redigolo to come. Other recruits yet to come through and they will not find a league start easy to get. Expect Heaslip and Ross to debut soon. Chance is their for Haines, Kerin, Cailotto and Giddings to cement their spots.

Coach provides optimism and stability into the playing group.

See you Friday and every other match day.

DOC

Back to top Go down

Re: My round 1 side

Post by panther magic on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm not sure if Rolfes short of a gallop but I'd have him straight in if he's close to 100%. Durdins only just recovered from hamstring issues so I im unsure if he's ready? If he was I'd have him straight at centre half back. A healthy list will be paramount if we are to challenge this season. I suppose that goes for every team!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:27 pm

Durdin played one half against Sturt. Boyd looked out of touch. Thats why I think Overall will play down back. Heard Gotch on SANFL radio saying Heaslip is a big chance to play.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:55 pm

I would have Rolfe if 80% fit.....just his presence up forward gives the side so much confidence.

That saying, I know he needs to be match ready to play.

Hope to see all you guys out there at the games in 2015!!! Bring it on!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 am

The team named is not quite what I was hoping for, Gulden out and Dale in the seconds, but we seem to have a little more depth now - time will tell!
Glenelg have some very quick players new to their side so that will exert some pressure on us but that doesn't necessarily equate to goals and our side consists of very clever competitive experienced players.
I'm glad Rolfey is fit but we may miss Gulden, hoping Heaslip can step up to the next level.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:21 am

Relieved to take a win, especially after a very sloppy start. Started to get on-top in the clearances after 1/4 time, and perhaps could have won by more given it was a very wasteful third term.

Encouraged by the performance of Bass in ruck. Also liked the games of Haren and Cailotto. With Overall and Heaslip also doing a bit, we seem to have some over due depth with our taller players. Good to see Rolfe and Redigolo named in the reserves best.

Bays looked better when they used their pace and back themselves, but fell back into stop-start footy after the long break.

Crowd figure? 5-6K? Looked pretty decent on TV.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:25 am

Yes Saintal 'Relieved' summed up the day.
Fair to say Glenelg had the better of the first half & particularly the 2nd quarter when they got on top in the clearances & inside 50s. We always had the potential to lift a gear, it was a question of whether it was going to happen.
Encouraged for what lies ahead with a number of first choice players out & not our best 4 quarter effort. Great to be on the right end of a steak...reckon that's 5 in a row over the bay's now....what happened 3 quarter time siren with Macca shooting for goal?...reports suggest no one heard the siren? Another great day down the bay! Jump on board Panther Fans, it promises to be one hell of a ride Very Happy
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Always a danger game against a shit team. Next.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Knew the Bays would be out to make a stand in this game.  They certainly had me very concerned for most of the game.  I thought they were quick and their pressure to begin with was pretty fierce !! Agnew held Eddy pretty well.

South after half time came out to play and were like the South of 2014 again.  Veide, Liddle, Seccull - 3 players who decided to take the game on and show great leadership.  

Impressed with Haren.  Wonderful pick up for us !

My concerns are we are not strong in defence.  We miss Thewlis, Fields.  It will take a few games for the boys down there to gel.

Some weak links in our side IMO but look forward to having Rolfe and Redigolo back in the side.  Not to sure how Dale Fraser went in the reserves but hope he finds fitness and form and returns soon.

Catering on the day was pretty disgraceful when I had my wife and 4 year old daughter with me who was very thirsty with the warmer weather and wanted a bottle of water.  Wife went to buy one and was told "There are no more waters, we are sold out and not getting any more".  Plus I always thought the Bays had a playground or jumping castle ?? Is this gone now?? For a day like this more planning is needed by Glenelg !!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:25 am

Dale did not do enough. Who would be dropped from the side? Great to think that players need to force their way in when an opportunity presents through injury/suspension. Guilden yet to play.

Ah Chee put in a great four quarter performance. Rolfe played in the middle and was influential. Tucker got the ball plenty but lacks foot skills. Tarak was very solid down back. Though two metre Peter had his best game yet.

We tired badly and Glenelg over ran us which probably indicates that the large number of players coming back from injury shows that they dont yet have match fitness (Boyd and Durdin) and thus we will continue with Overall and Cailotto helping down back. Have not seen any injury reports yet.

We found a way to win after being outplayed in the first half. Encouraging.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum