South v Port (Friday night 10/4/2015) 7.10 pm @ Hickinbotham

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Port (Friday night 10/4/2015) 7.10 pm @ Hickinbotham

Post by Panther74 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:59 pm

South

South Adelaide coach Brad Gotch has recognised the form of Peter Rolfe and Roland Ah Chee ahead of the blockbuster against Port Adelaide at Hickinbotham Oval on Friday night.
The skilful Panthers have been named on the extended interchange bench to tackle the Magpies with Rolfe the more likely of the pair to survive the final cut.
The left-footed Rolfe, who collected 21 disposals, seven marks, nine inside 50s and five tackles in the Reserves last week, presents as a viable attacking threat against last year’s minor premier.
Ah Chee, who has battled for a regular league match since arriving at Noarlunga, racked up 25 disposals against the Tigers’ reserves on Good Friday.

League
F: Heaslip, Haren, Gotch
HF: Liddle, Eddy, Veide
C: Cross, Murphy, Irra
HB: Giddings, Crabb, Rankine
B: Daniel, Cailotto, Haines

R: Bass, Macleod, Seccull
INT: Rose, Rolfe, Overall, Ah Chee, P. Kerin
IN: Rolfe, Ah Chee

Reserves
Jolly, Boyd, Kokkinakis, McMahon, Ross, Hoad, Steffe, Dixon, Dale, Brown, Kelly, Tharaldsen, Kappler, Heagney-Steart, Durdin, Redigolo, Nichols, Dowling, T. Kerin.

Under-18
F: B.Borrillo, Roberts, Niven
HF: O’Hanlon, McKinnon, Fairlie
C: Virgo, Moffa, L. Borrillo
HB: Szust, Need, Whimpress
B: Fitzgerald, Millman, C. Williams

R: Gurney, Boreham, Harvey
INT: Collier, Bonnes, Tyllis, Blackwell, Sowter, J. Williams
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Port (Friday night 10/4/2015) 7.10 pm @ Hickinbotham

Post by Panther74 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Tough to pick who will miss out tomorrow night.

Good to have the pressure for players to keep their spots.

Can we get some revenge on this AFL trained mob ???

Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Ah Chee and Kerin would drop out for mine, although Overall in the side might leave us a bit top-heavy for a night game? If Rolfe is fit he needs to play.

Power-lite have a different look about them compared to the prelim side. Will be tough to beat though. Difficult to take these games too seriously, but there is still two points up for grabs..

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Irra for Ah Chee.

Kerin for Rolfe.

....tough call though. Neutral
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:40 pm

This is an important game. We seem to be building more depth than we have had for many years.
If we can get some revenge for the preliminary final then South Adelaide will not be seen as a flash in the pan and gain us some respect.
Our club attitude is good and our side looks strong enough although I am uncertain about some of their named team.
I believe that we can beat the bloody professionals if we are completely focussed as we were in the 2nd half last week and can get a good win here.
Go you mighty Panthers.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Gettin our pants pulled.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Final Score League
SOUTH: 6.5-41 Defeated by
PORT: 16.11-107

No surprises there, I looked at Port's side earlier this week and realised that they were hitting the ground with a full contingent of AFL players and knew that we had no chance at all of being in the game by half time.

If on the next occasion when this is to happen my suggestion is we simply forfeit the game. We voted against them joining the SANFL in the knowledge that this is exactly what would happen. I don't see why we have to participate in a match where we have no chance of winning and is just a farce from before the first siren sounds..
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 pm

That was pretty depressing. Listening from afar it was pretty obvious pretty quickly that they were much bigger, stronger and fitter than us and we were going to struggle to compete. Having said that it sounds like we probably didn't make life too hard for them at times and some poor discipline at different stages as well. We just need to put that behind us and focus on bouncing back against Sturt. A big game next week, let's see how the players respond.

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:56 pm

The score flattered us guys !

They were fitter, more skilled, more polished. To be honest it looked like they were playing at 3/4 pace most of the game. Embarrassing in parts of the game. Poor decision making and skill errors.

The decision to let the Magpies become the Port Power reserve side is a joke. (but what can we do now?)

Right now I am a little bit worried that some of the team are not up to the standard and in the next few weeks we will find out where we sit in the scheme of things. Quite a few weak links in the side.

Tonight, I thought some players did not want to get the hard ball and were "scared" to attack hard.

Killed in the mid-field.

Best for me - Liddle, Eddy (battled). Way too many passengers who got caught out tonight. Many players missing in action.

I am concerned about the game next week against Sturt.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Simply putrid tonight. Smashed in every statistical category, in run, structure, hardness, leadership and skill. As P74 mentioned, with a 60-23 inside 50 count it could have been a triple figure margin. And as UKpanther suggested, it was depressing and disheartening to witness this so called "contest".

Shambles of a league. But hey, SA footy was the winner right?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:25 am

Tough to watch!!! Realistically we had zero chance in this game and it panned out accordingly. We were a 15 goal inferior side and Port exposed a few of our blokes who are not yet up to league standard. The sooner the likes of Durdin, Dale, Redigolo and Rolfe get back into the team the better we will be.
Only injuries to Ports AFL and reserves side will level the field. Let's hope when we meet them at Alberton they are fielding a hack side otherwise they will dish up more punishment for us.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum