Round 4 V North

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 4 V North

Post by saintal on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:48 pm

South Adelaide 9.11 (65) defeats
North Adelaide 8.1 (49)

Goals: Eddy 2, Liddle, Haren, Rolfe, MacLeod, Cross, Bass, Murphy

Best: Kerin, Daniel, Seccull, Liddle, Cross, Irra

Scappy but a win's a win. Kicked 6 in the first term with the breeze and just 3 in the final 3 quarters. Under the pump at 3/4 time, only 8 points up and North having the assistance of a fairly decent breeze in the last, but we stayed disciplined, worked harder and kept the hosts scoreless.

Kerin's a player who I was very sceptical about last season, but he's obviously had a big preseason and appears to have worked a lot on his disposal. Daniel and Crabb were also very good in defence. Veide quietened/irritated Shannon for most of the afternoon. Would have been hard to pick the better players I'd imagine, as it wasn't a game with too many standouts.

Disappointing to lose Ah Chee with what looked to be an arm/shoulder injury. Has had a terrible run of luck.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4 V North

Post by Ben W on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 pm

I have been a long to several matches where we have struggled at Prospect, so to see todays result was a great feeling. Plenty of good things about our side today, Very happy with the way Rolfe is heading and the club in general.
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:51 am

Couldn't make the game, followed it online, & radio; Sounds like we had control of the game throughout, & left the door somewhat ajar, before sealing the deal in the last; Well Done Lads! Good to see our depth developing & others stepping up ie. Kerin, Daniel & Seccull; Encouraging also with some key recruits still on the sidelines; Hoping we can turn the tide against that composite team next week.
Rotten luck for Ah Chee again, sounds like that shoulder is a weekness.....hope he can comeback.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by paul on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Well there was a lot to like about the win I was thinking at 3 quarter time .how many times we would just fold up and loose the game by 5 goals. not now the players are playing like a top side should and playing for the coach our young players are starting to stand up to this level There was a lot to like about this win we just need to do this week after week
paul

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Kerin played his best game yesterday. Defence was great, Crabb, Giddings and Cailotto were very disciplined spoiling with Rankine, Irra and Daniel providing great run and support.

Think Sam Overall will get a spell this week along with the unfortunate AH Chee. We need to see far more from the reserves.
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Or ability to "shut down" games in the last quarter has really impressed me this year.

We did it in the last 15 min of the game last week versus Sturt when they were making a come back.

Thought we did it again yesterday versus North.

Still don't think we have reached our full potential as a side yet....but we are winning so lets hope this continues.

Great to see alot of vocal support at Prospect yesterday. Cheer squad was vocal and loud. Nothing like winning at Rooster land !!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum