B: Jarrad, Raikiwasa, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Boyd
INT: Ainger, Dunstan, Rowland, Batley, Sinor, Appleton, Press
IN: Rowland, Sinor, Appleton, Press

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles at Home

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Rolfe plays his 100th. No love lost against WWT. Looking forward to it.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Definitely no love lost with this lot !

To say we need a win here is an understatement.

Crabb/Wundke dual will be worth the admission price alone!

Few players need to lift and have not reached their full potential that we know they are capable of......

Still, I watched the Eagles v Sturt last weekend and reckon we can beat them. If we don't I think being 5th and holding on to that spot will be a challenge though the year as we need to beat the teams above us to have any chance of making a statement at finals time ( if we get there!)

South by 3 goals.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Crickets.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 pm

That was a terrible result for the club today

I have watched 3 games this year, the draw against Centrals, the loss against Westie's and today's loss to the Eagles.

From what I have seen in those three games is we are not good enough both in strength and fitness to play the type of football our coach wants us to.

It is not good enough when players like Liddle, Cross, Murphy, Gotch, McLeod, Bass and Rose continually bust their gut for the team, only for those around them continually let the hard workers down with either mishandling errors or poor direction when disposing the ball.

To finish the day with only 4 goals has to be the biggest concern for the coaching group, 7 goals against West, 7 goals against Centrals and 6 goals against the Professionals in round 2 have to have some sort of alarm bells sounding. Relying on Eddy to get us over the line each week is a hard load to carry, we need more scoring contributors if we intend to climb up the ladder and make other teams take notice. Another couple of losses in the next few weeks will see us loose respect from those about to play us and have no fear of loosing. This has to change.

I know it is easy to be critical after a loss but being nice will only see us slide down the ladder We do not want that to happen.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Yuck!!!! That was not pretty to watch at all!! Can't believe we only lost by 5 goals!
Not trying to be too negative but for some reason we can't kick a score to save ourselves! I would absolutely hate to be Brett Eddy in the forward line at the moment as he has next to no help and he was one against three on quite a few occasions today.
Sometimes fortune favours the brave by showing some dash and dare but those traits were absent for the majority of the game. Our ability to run hard and spread from a contest was non existant! Matty Rose, Crabby,Eddy and Cross tried hard but not many others put their hand up.
On today's game finals look unlikely!!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Today was so disappointing.....PM right on the money here: 'Our ability to run hard and spread from a contest was non existant!'.
Talk about a deer in spotlights, whenever we had the ball panic set in, there was no system & it very much seemed get rid of it at any cost....the skills & decision making...OMG!
The crazy thing is we're still in the five....some winnable games coming up, but valid points raised by posters here that need addressing & fast!
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Really poor today. From afar it is obvious we can't kick a winning score. I'm not sure what has changed from last year other than the fact that other clubs are probably wise to the way we play - as such we need to find different avenues to goal. Our defence seems to be pretty solid, you should win more games than you lose if you keep your opponents to 9 and 7 goals like the last two weeks. We need better ball winners at ground level up front to make more of our chances.

Brooksby was clearly a massive loss for us and I get the impression, despite the hard work of some of our midfield (Liddle, Cross, Gotch etc) we just aren't converting the ball to inside 50's like we did last year.

I believe that Gotchy can find the answers, it might just be that the answers come next year as we need to improve our list. I still believe that finals are realistic and on our day we can do some damage so progression in the finals is not out of the question but we need to win next week without question.

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Not a good day ! Thought we had a pretty good turnout today from us South supporters on the public holiday and Rolfe's 100th. It was a terrible outcome at the end of the day.
We are in trouble people. Our overuse of the handball that got turned over was just pathetic ! Skill errors , decision making , basic ball skills ... You could name it. Something is different about the way our game plan is set up this year than last year. We keep playing up field and not leaving the forward line open. Eddy can't do everything himself and many times he is up past the centre square.
I thought in the last quarter we could come out and kick long and play direct football to put the pressure back on the Eagles but started hand-balling and chipping the ball around again.
Reality is , we can not beat the Legs, Eagles , West or Port so the ladder is reflecting where we are at ... And probably lucky to be there with Sturts results. I don't see us good enough to be a final 5 side ATM and will be battling it out with Sturt for a final spot.
We also don't have a side that is whole. We have the top players but also players who are not up to the standard of a league player. Some players just not stepping up to the plate.
Very frustrating side to watch at present.

Watched the game today thinking - here we go again ! South promise us so much in one season and then break your sprit the next. Not over but something needs to be rectified very very soon !!!!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:57 pm

says Rolfe to have scans on possible ACL injury again.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/woodville-west-torrens-halt-goal-leak-problem-to-control-south-adelaide/story-fnia3gmj-1227388651477

The game was lost in the first 10 minutes when we had 5 scoring shots and did not kick a goal turn that into 3.2.20 and the game is still alive at half time.

despite the problems with the team at the moment we should be 6-3 not 4-4-1 so it is not all doom and gloom.

Last edited by Paradigm_shift on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:22 am

Im in Verona ,Italy atm..
..think I'll go for a walk and see if I can find a dog to kick!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:46 am

Enjoy Italy Blue @ White! Trust me you would not have enjoyed the game.

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:43 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Im in Verona ,Italy atm..
..think I'll go for a walk and see if I can find a dog to kick!!

We need your lucky charm back at games !!!! Wink
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Why do you have to go to Verona in Italy to find an atm..
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum