SAFC Club News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAFC Club News

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Still in shock, after reading Club announcement:

The Executive of the South Adelaide Football Club convened an extra ordinary meeting on Tuesday night (16th June 2015) to be briefed on circumstances that had recently come to light regarding co-captain Nick Murphy’s failure to meet his obligations to the club and senior coach Brad Gotch.

It is the club’s view that on a number of occasions over a period of time Nick has shown poor judgement and has not met the minimum standards required of the club.

Nick was immediately summoned to a meeting with Chairman Andrew Luckhurst-Smith and Senior Coach Brad Gotch last night whereby his services were terminated with immediate effect.

There will be no further statement by the club.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Re: SAFC Club News

Post by Andos Mullett on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Hmmmm.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:28 pm

O.K. guys, any idea of the reasons?

Shock, shock, Surprised Shocked Embarassed
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Certainly out the blue Shocked

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm

I told my daughters who are long time junior members & Nick was their favourite player. They used to see Nick quite a bit around the club, he was brilliant with supporters/members.
They are both in tears this evening....my nine year old told me she no longer follows the Panthers....she doesn't understand.
Quite frankly I find it hard to understand also.
As to the circumstances, I'll guess we won't know ..but recent history suggests this outcome occurs far to often.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by UKPanther on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:43 pm

This certainly was a shock, especially when it is our co-captain! Makes you wonder what happened. Whatever the reasons I am prepared to back Gotchy in the decision. He is the first coach that has given us some real professionalism and respect since John Reid and I back him 100%. It can't have been an easy call to make and as bewildering as it seems we have to focus on the future and I know Brad Gotch can get some real success at this footy club.

UKPanther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:47 pm

I am like you guys tonight. Pretty shocked but know our coach has very high standards on players to adhere to team rules "on and off" the field.

I would presume there would be good reasons behind this decision that we all will probably never know.

PP, hope your daughters are going to be ok. Nick was a very approachable bloke to supporters/members.

Might wake up the team a bit and send out a very strong message to the playing group.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks P74....time heals wounds....hopefully this the case here
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 am

Im reading this startling news from Budapest!!
Im definitely going to back the coach and the Board in on this one.
Nick has had his chances.....
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Wow this is a big shock, not just a player but co-captain.
He has always been a favourite of many and I thought he played pretty well against Glenelg. Although his kicking sometimes lets him down he can be inspirational, and speaks well.
While this is disappointing, and without any other information, we can only assume that he has made some bad mistakes off the field and after being warned has not maintained the integrity of his position.
Time will tell if this helps to raise our club standards and improves the culture that has accompanied our lack of success.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:51 pm

This is amazing news! If it was someone else apart from Brad Gotch i would be concerned that here we go again shooting ourselves in foot. However Gotchie appears a person of good standing and from what i understand has the players and club's best interest at heart. What i find incredible is that there are no rumors, no innuendo and no idea from anyone as to what happened and why.

If the team fails to perform for the rest of the season followed by mass player exodus at the end of year then this move can be viewed as a very bad call. If however we play finals and the players stay together and commit to next season then this call will be viewed as necessary and was respected by the team.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Pack on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Shocking news and given that Nick was sacked outright instead of being sent back to the ressies or stripped of the captaincy it must be something massive.
Supporters and players need to rally around Crabby now as our sole captain.
Panther Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by prowler on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:20 pm

What was the news report tonight that a SANFL player has been arrested for a sexual assualt?
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by panther magic on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:53 am

Whatever has happened its obviously been pretty bad! Gotch seems like a good bloke and a fair one at that.
Yes we've had a history of shooting ourselves in the foot at times but I'd be backing the club on this call they've made. I would be thinking Nicks had his fair share of chances!
We can't seem to take a trick at the moment with Rolfes injury and now this so hopefully the playing group can stay united and charge on for the rest of the season and play finals!

panther magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Boydy?

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top