Down by 11 points to Eagles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Down by 11 points to Eagles

Post by prowler on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:06 pm

What a dog day for football.

Going down by 11 points to the Eagles today was not the result we were hoping for.

I gave us a real good chance of winning today on last weeks performance, it just wasn't to be.

If a grand final appearance is to be achieved this year, we have to be a lot mentally and physically tougher.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Re: Down by 11 points to Eagles

Post by Panther74 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Yeah agree Prowler.

I thought if we are the real deal and wanted to make a statement on the TV (lot of people watching sitting on their lounge chairs on a cold day) this was the one we wanted to show what we can do......

Very poor start i thought in the first 1/4 and really felt that cost us. Some poor decision making too had me scratching my head.

Wet weather footy and we seemed to want to do short passes and handball. Thought we needed to go direct in our forward 50 more but did not seem to do this as much as we should of.

Gulden, Gotch, Rose my picks for best today.......

We have a hard run home but we must keep our place in the 5.

Still think we can take it up to Eagles, West and Legs.....

Thought we are a better side than we showed today.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:53 am

Sure, a disappointing result- However we played the top team on their own substandard deck which was a mud heap, -dont ever want to hear an Eagles supporter be derisive about our ground! our endeavor was very good, but some of our decision making when going forward was poor, particularly under pressure.
The way the game is played today, if a team going forward turns the ball over around the centre or centre half forward area it usually results in a scoring opportunity for the opposition. I believe that most of the Eagles scoring opportunities occurred from this scenario.When one of our players is running forward and sees Brett Eddy as our only man in the forward 50 with 3 direct opponents it really is pointless kicking the ball on his head- kick it over his head or out of bounds in yesterdays conditions; the last thing we want to do is give the ball to the opposition to run it ut of our forward line by reversing the ball down the opposite flank.
Lidds and Rolfey would have been more than handy in yesterdays conditions....I thought Bass played a great game and Veide as 3rd man up at a lot of the stoppages worked too. Crabby and Gulden were our best players imo. Crabby is having a great year, possibly his best , leadership seems to suit him!!
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm_shift on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:34 pm

disappointing not to be able to snatch the win when u consider we come from 24 points down early in the 2nd to be within a kick just before time-on in the 4TH makes the loss even more heart-breaking when a top 3 spot was on the line.

but when u have 8 players from your best 21 from 2014 not playing in the league team.

Brooksby, Caleb Daniel, Tom Fields- AFL
Nick Liddle, Peter Rolfe- Injured
Fraser Dale- Reserves
Nick Murphy- Sacked Mid year

makes the jump from 3rd to Premiers much harder which i feel is beyond us but i still think a semi final berth should be a minimum so We must recruit 3-4 high quality players  during the off-season
Paradigm_shift

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:57 am

Injuries to Cailotto, Giddings, Liddle all 6 weeks, therefore the season, Darrou out for the season. Rolfey already gone!!! This will really test our depth at a vital stage of the season. Dale, Haines, Heaslip, Durdin your time is now!
darley16

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum