Finals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finals

Post by B&W63 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:47 am

This is a big test for our club over the next month. It is obvious that we are not over endowed with depth and the departures from last season have hurt but we are still in the final five. Now with virtually all of our new  recruits out and injuries to some key players our spirit and mental resolve is what must get us through.
Gotchy has done a great job and the improvement is amazing, but we must get past these 4 games successfully and into our second successive finals series with some pride.
Go you mighty Panthers!

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Re: Finals

Post by prowler on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:57 am

Finals are not out of the question, but a loss to either West or Centrals is going to make it very hard to stay in the race

We are without some of our new recruits and a couple of the lads in the ressies are not ready for senior football just yet, they are not far off it the young blokes that have come through so far are starting to gather the pace of what is expected and last weeks game against Adelaide ad shown them what is required to compete at the top level, although playing against so many players with AFL experience is a high hurdle to jump

If we can play the same game as we had against Adelaide then Westies had better not take us as a win as we would have learnt a lot from that gameand can use it well.

I have been impressed with young Irras maturity, Jake is now demanding more from himself, Crabby is holding the defence together, Daniels is now more consistent, Bass has shouldered the rucking responsibility, Matty Rankine is giving us plenty up forward Gotch is cool under pressure and Cross is just fantastic for the team.

Looking forward to the next three matches. We just need to knock the Magpies off to go into the finals with confidence abound.
prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Yes, would be great to play Finals in consecutive years, first time since the early 90's I would think. However there is still much to be done, I thought our effort v the Crows on Saturday was pretty good, the thing that really cost us was our decision making under pressure and a few skill errors, turning the ball over in the worst places on the ground and resulting in scoring opportunities to the opposition.
I think its worth noting that since last season we've lost Brooksby, Daniel and fields to the AFL,and our 2 Co-captains Thewlis and Murphy. From injury this season we've lost Liddle and Rolfe, plus Darreau and a host of other role players who are injured at the moment. To be sitting-albeit precariously in 5th spot, is a pretty good effort IMO.If we had won the drawn game V centrals and won the previous encounter v West - which we should have won, we would be in the top 3 at the moment and sitting pretty.
Notice to Board of Directors.....Re-sign Brad Gotch as soon as possible.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:38 am

Is coach Gotchy stitched up beyond this year? I'd hate to see someone else have him.

Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum