Import Rule Amended

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Import Rule Amended

Post by Ben W on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:59 am

Not sure how far this will affect the SAFC, yet its definitely a step in the right direction!

http://www.myfootyforum.net/sanfl-f8/bloods-and-the-import-rule-t1775.htm
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Import Rule Amended

Post by The Growl on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Ben W wrote:Not sure how far this will affect the SAFC, yet its definitely a step in the right direction!

http://www.myfootyforum.net/sanfl-f8/bloods-and-the-import-rule-t1775.htm

not sure how it is a step in the right direction for us. We have half the participants in our zone compared to clubs like Glenelg, so need to recruit to be competitive, but now are capped to only 2 imports over the next three years! I expect (demand) the Club to start making some serious noise about the joke that is our zone. Twisted Evil
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:48 pm

This is where it gets confusing, I was on the understanding that 8 was the maximum, yet if the club went down to 4, then we could just go and recruit 4 more to go back to 8 - not surprised if that isnt actually the case though...

In relation to imports, if South decided to recruit Backwell ex Glenelg I am fairly certain he would not be considered an import, the Bays sacked him for playing in the NT, and after we rushed Chris Hall's clearance through for them, I think its one option to have a look at!
Ben W
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 am

Ben W wrote:This is where it gets confusing, I was on the understanding that 8 was the maximum, yet if the club went down to 4, then we could just go and recruit 4 more to go back to 8 - not surprised if that isnt actually the case though...

In relation to imports, if South decided to recruit Backwell ex Glenelg I am fairly certain he would not be considered an import, the Bays sacked him for playing in the NT, and after we rushed Chris Hall's clearance through for them, I think its one option to have a look at!

its 8 in any 4 year period starting 2010 - the club bought in 6 in 2010, so can now only bring in 2 across the next 3 years = doom.

while not an import, reckon backwell is the last thing we need - reckon we've finally got rid of the sh1t blokes from the club and have a young, enthusiatic, mouldable group (that does need to be added to). backwell go got the ass from Glenelg for behavioral issues. We don't need our kids looking t guy like that as to how to behave.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum