South v Central ....can we hold on to our place in the 5 ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South v Central ....can we hold on to our place in the 5 ??

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 pm

To say this weekend coming up is one of the most important challenges our club has faced in along time would be an understatement !!!

Simply put....win ...we play finals .....lose ....see you all in 2016 !!!

Massive game and I reckon we can hold on and win. Injuries are killing us but its for others to step up to the plate.

Doggies fans are up and we need to spoil their little party and make a stand.

Not going to sleep well this week at all.

Come on Panther fans.....get behind the boys and lets get them over the line on Saturday !!!

Thoughts anyone on the game ??
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Re: South v Central ....can we hold on to our place in the 5 ??

Post by saintal on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Couldn't make the Alberton game due to other commitments, but probably wouldn't have gone anyway. Listening to a call of the game it seemed that too much was left to too few (the usual suspects) and that we didn't make the most of our early dominance. Need contributions from all 21 players (as we got against West) next week. I think we're a better team than CD even with our outs, especially at home (where we haven't beaten them since 2006!)

To not make finals after such a competitive season would be a bitter pill to swallow.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Agree Saintal .

I was at the game and it was the usual suspects again. Few players need to lift as some efforts were not up to league standard.

Not beating Central at home since 2006 is a scary stat !
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Biggest game of the year and no one has posted for 3 days. Cmon Panfs fire up. Win and we play finals. Lose and it's time to get the garden in order.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Fired Up & totally crapping myself.
I know our best will get us through.
Anything below that & we are vulnerable.
Plan to be there screaming my lungs out in support.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 am

Luv ya work Premier Panther couldn't have said it better Smile This team has shown great character all year, however if they are as nervous as Premier Panther and myself all could be lost. A calm, committed 4 quarter team effort will result in celebrations for the players and medication for the supporters.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by kantilla on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Win lose or draw you have to be proud of the Panthers efforts this year. By my count probably 8 of the injured players would be the mix to get a game this weekend.
I hope a  big crowd turns up to support both teams, with south coming out on top.
kantilla

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:36 pm

I have 1 free adult entry pass and car park ticket available. I live northern suburbs but heading south tomorrow day call me on mobile 0419810595 my name is scott go panthers.unable to attend.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:36 am

Its a big game and we're under pressure but the spirit shown by the club has been fantastic. Every player who pulls on the Guernsey is giving his best effort.
As said earlier nothing but our best will be good enough, and a strong team game like we played against West will get us into the finals.
There is a lot to be proud of about South this year and this is our time. Go you mighty Panthers
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyG on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:30 am

All fired up and the adrenalin is flowing.
Grandkids have the flags ready.
Make this our day.
PS On a side note, with our massive injury list, I looked at our Reserves team line-up ...... wow, barely recognisable (no offence to those playing)
JohnnyG

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:14 pm

In a world of pain right now.
It's as though the footy gods are never on our side.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 pm

my safooty post:

South not quite good enough when it mattered. Struggled for most of the day before booting 6 of their 10 goals in the final term to tease the supporters. Had a few other opportunities go begging in the final term that needed to be taken advantage of, given there was no room for error by that stage.

Congrats to Centrals on making the finals, hope you can go on and win it. Given South spent all but 1 or 2 weeks in the top 5 this season it's especially disappointing to miss out though.

A few of our guys were exposed today, as ideally 6-8 of them would be playing ressies. No excuses though, when the game was there to be won our skill level and decision making (and game-plan?) was poor.

Irra, Crabb, Seccull, Overall (4 goals), Bass and Rose named in the best. Cross being kept to just 2 (!) kicks and 17 handballs a rare sight and obviously crucial. Will win the Knuckey Cup by a large margin.

A terrific crowd I thought today (unusual saying that these days...) especially for a TV game, certainly a lot of South fans seemed to come out of the woodwork (where were they all season?!), while the Doggies fans turned out in force. Some good banter under the shelter at times.

After last season's September run it's bitterly disappointing not to be involved this year. Hopefully we can retain the bulk of our list, add some (healthy) recruits and see a few youngsters make their mark in 2016. "What might have been..." best sums up 2015...

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Time to cut my lawn.
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:57 pm

Absolutely shattered tonight.

Seriously.....why us ????? Crying or Very sad

Speechless.....
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Really disappointed - expected a better performance. Good weather good crowd and although we were undermanned I felt quietly confident, but we started poorly and they continually put us under pressure until the game was almost over and bang we broke the shackles but it was too late.

Tackling and decision making were poor and apart from those named in best players the rest were inconsistent and executed skills poorly under pressure. Perhaps we played our GF against West.

We shouldn't have been fighting to stay in the 5 but it seems as if we have been unlucky all season, with crucial mistakes costing games, games against AFL sides costing percentage and  injuries costing us the chance to play our strongest teams.

After 24 hours to get over the result, there are some positives for next season:
1. Gotchy believes in the group;  2. We have 4 good recruits that have not yet played league; 3. There is more depth than we have had for a long time and some talented youngsters ready to blossom; 4.The look on the faces of players on the sidelines yesterday showed me that they will be really hurting and will come back harder next year.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Heart....broken.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:59 pm

Mad Monday is here. Booo
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by scooby68 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 pm

I was so angry Saturday, but centrals took there chances better during the season. We did not have 1 game where we scored over 100 points our defence was good however. Midfield good as well as we had plenty of inside 50s probably to reliant on eddy we need another forward to help. Has anyone heard if hourigan is going to come back? We let soip 2 games 1 against centrals and 1 against west the rest was out of our control ie injuries and crows game rescheduled due to unfortunate circumstances, still proud we have Talent coming through our u16 and u18 ahve a few good players.
scooby68

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum