Player Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Player Reviews

Post by panther_man on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:12 pm

G'day all. Well so has ended another disappointing season. To go from being a few kicks away from a grand final in 2014 to missing out on the finals by percentage was a very sombre way to end the year.

Any who, it's always interesting to hear people's thoughts on how each player went this year. Take it away..

panther_man

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Reviews

Post by B&W63 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am

What a disappointing season end. Now we see Centrals get to a preliminary final. Therefore we're probably not enthusiastic to look back on the season.

However Joel Cross winning the Magarey medal so convincingly highlights his excellent form for the season. I especially enjoyed his remarks about the future. The others to stand out for me were Crabby Bass and Gotch for hard work responsibility and leadership.  Liddle Cailotto Daniel Rose Eddy all had reasonable seasons but shouldered their workload well.

Our defence was good all year, our midfield was outstanding on occasions but well contained on others, but our attack could not put enough goals on the scoreboard.

Losing players as we did gave opportunities for some to step up and that may pay dividends next year. Irra came on nicely, Overall Heaslip Mcmahon look like they have the endeavour but need to have more effect on the game. There is more depth than we have had for years and some genuine talent.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:42 am

I forgot to mention Secull who had an excellent season and Kerin who went from a fringe player to a first choice selection.

B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Good summery B&W63, from what i hear we may lose Emmanuel Irra to the AFL, many clubs very interested in the E-Man. For mine i reckon Bradley Crabb will win the Knuckey Cup, in spite of a great year by Crossy. Only injuries defeated us late in the season, not form, not skill, not fitness, not lack of desire or desperation. We have a good team, let's hope they ALL sign on for next year.
I also liked the improvement in Ben Harren & Nick Schwartz, Brede Secull is a star, Dan Bass never gives up. Mason Shaw delisted by Power, i'am sure Gotchy will be all over that.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:26 pm

I'll leave the player reviews for those with a better idea of things than me.. I see that we need a couple of things to change for us to see September action next year. It disappoints me no end that we didnt get there this year after doing so last year.Had we got there I believe we could have done some serious damage and probably made the GF.

What we need to do..

1. Get everyone fit. Make sure we have all our soldiers fit and firing at the right time of the year-ie August and September. We certainly didnt have that this year and we missed the 5 by only a bees ...

2. We need to be able to score 2-3 more goals per game. Doesnt sound much , but it would have won us another 3 games this year and almost a top 3 spot and a double chance. Therefore more scoring avenues need to be found.Recruits or rapid improvement needed.We prob wont see Rolfey for most of 2016 if at all...

3. I think we need another ruckman , a good CHB- hopefully we get to see Dareau at some stage; a strong bodied mid fielder and some outside leg speed.

I see no reason why we cant go very deep into the finals next year.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:46 am

my 2c worth from the dozen or so games I saw, matches played in brackets

Ah Chee (2) Can’t catch a break with injury.
Bass (18) Stepped up in Brooksby’s absence. His best year for the club
Brown (4) Good story after chronic injuries, but didn’t make huge impact when in seniors
Cailotto (13) An unlikely backman who proved serviceable before injury, was missed
Crabb (18) Rarely beaten this year, will run top 3 in B+F. Disposal cleaner. Captaincy appears to suit.
Cross (18). Another Magarey. Will win the Knuckey Cup. Enough said
Dale (5) Not a year to remember. Slow start, awful injury to end.
Daniel (18) Pretty solid year playing a Thewlis type role.
Durdin (4) Came in late due to injuries. Undersized for a key back.
Eddy (18) Goal output down from 2014 and was a bit wasteful. Game-plan and lack of support didn’t help.
Giddings (10) Solid enough before injury, don’t mind him.
Gotch (18) Another fairly consistent year, first half of season particularly good
Gulden (10) Slow start with injuries, played a few great games but not as consistent as last year
Haines (4) Shows dash but hasn’t been able to cement senior spot
Haren (18) R1 v Bays was a bit of tease. Was very lucky to hold his spot.
Heagney-Steart (3) Looked ok in his few games late in season.
Heaslip (5) Attacks the footy pretty hard, skills need some work
Irra (16) Finished the season very well. Hopefully can improve again in 2016.
Kerin (16) Much improved, disposal a lot cleaner. Some added bulk would help.
Liddle (13) Consistent year without being a stand-out before injury. Was sorely missed.
Macleod (18) Didn’t find the big sticks as often and overall output was down on 2014.
McMahon (4) Like his attack on the footy and could be a decent foil for Eddy in 2016.
Murphy (10) Was playing some good footy before his unfortunate departure. Was missed.
Overall (11) Glimpses of what he’s capable of. Expecting a big 2016 from him.
Rankine (16) Can be brilliant at times or completely unsighted. Would like to see him kicking more goals.
Redigolo (8 ) Another year cruelled by injury. In our best 18 when fit.
Rolfe (7) See above. Sorely missed in a one-dimensional forward line.
Rose (18) Very good again and will poll well in B+F. Smart footballer.
Ross (4) Debut match was promising. A likely type of 2016 and beyond.
Schwarz (9) Honest goer and good depth player. is he capable of more?
Seccull (18) Injury free finally and played some good football, especially in back half of year.
Taylor (4) Injury and form meant he failed to replicate his solid 2014 late season form.
Tharalsden (4) Showed enough to suggest he could have a long term future
Veide (16) Another solid year as tagger. Didn’t hit the scoreboard as often as prior years.

saintal

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum