Lee Schmidt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee Schmidt

Post by Huge Tackle on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Gday. I have recently been told that Lee Schmidt might be moving to Port Augusta or Quorn (Where his girlfriend works as a teacher I think). Can anyone shed some light on this? Also what type of player and club man is he......and the injury problems he has had? Please feel free to message me or put it on the forum. cheers.
Huge Tackle

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee Schmidt

Post by the prowler on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:31 pm

I heard that Lee had been given his DCB by the Club

Lee has had a bad run with injuries that has kept him out of a lot of matches. If my memory serves me right, he has had shoulder and leg problems.

He appeared to fit in well with the playing group, was a jovial type, worked hard on his fitness and his skills levels, as a club man he was always at Club functions and gave all the other injured players his support.

I always thought he had something to offer once his body was right, but I suppose I was wrong again.

the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Handball Happy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Were going to start thinking conspiracy everytime someone leaves. Seemed to miss a lot of footy with knee injuries.

Handball Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:27 pm

We dont have to doubt his injuries and his commitment was there, probably not what the coaches were looking for.
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Huge Tackle on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks fellas.If any of you are able to get his mobile number and private message it to me I will be very grateful.
Also, I heard a whisper that Ben Yeomans is going to try out at Port Magpies next year.
Huge Tackle

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Yep, I heard that one as well, he has been playing for a Hills team I think
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 pm

the prowler wrote:Yep, I heard that one as well, he has been playing for a Hills team I think

I hope you're right - would be nice to get a transfer fee for for a guy that changes club more often than he changes his underpants. Maggies in 2011 would make 6 clubs in 3 years Shocked
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Growl on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:33 pm

the prowler wrote:I heard that Lee had been given his DCB by the Club

Lee has had a bad run with injuries that has kept him out of a lot of matches. If my memory serves me right, he has had shoulder and leg problems.

He appeared to fit in well with the playing group, was a jovial type, worked hard on his fitness and his skills levels, as a club man he was always at Club functions and gave all the other injured players his support.

I always thought he had something to offer once his body was right, but I suppose I was wrong again.

for mine, great bloke who injuries and lack of pace just made it impossible for him to ever think he was going to make it at this level. have heard that he is going to take a complete break for a year, but all the best to him in whatever he decides to do.
The Growl

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 am

the prowler wrote:Yep, I heard that one as well, he has been playing for a Hills team I think

Yep, Ironbank. Played some very good footy there. Funnily enough the same club that The Chief (Bradley) went to after cutting short his 2009 season with us. Chief won the mail medal I believe.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Porter on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:38 pm

saintal wrote:

Yep, Ironbank. Played some very good footy there. Funnily enough the same club that The Chief (Bradley) went to after cutting short his 2009 season with us. Chief won the mail medal I believe.

So is Schmidt going or staying?
Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Huge Tackle on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Gone...and has apparently stated he will play for the highest bidder in Port Augusta! (Could be gossip- which is alive and well already isnt it I guess?)
Huge Tackle

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum