Round 4 v Centrals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 4 v Centrals

Post by scott on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:05 am

Saturday 16th at Elizabeth - Reserves 11.25pm, League 2:10pm

Massive chance to go 4-0 at the Ponderosa this weekend. Centrals looked good in the first quarter yesterday against Sturt but from quarter time onwards they were awful once prolonged pressure was applied. The Double Blues aren't a highly-skilled team by foot but their tackling pressure forced the Doggies' players into committing lots of errors. Our tackling has been sensational this season and our skills are much better so this puts us in a good spot coming in.

Haven't heard of any injuries from yesterday's game?
scott

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 4 v Centrals

Post by darley16 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Apparently Joel Cross played yesterday with 2 broken ribs he copped in last weeks game when he could be seen by all vomiting numerous times as a result. What a legend Crossy is, great South player. Plenty of ice packs after yesterdays game we have some sore players, but so too would i opposition i presume.
darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 pm

darley16 wrote:Apparently Joel Cross played yesterday with 2 broken ribs he copped in last weeks game when he could be seen by all vomiting numerous times as a result. What a legend Crossy is, great South player. Plenty of ice packs after yesterdays game we have some sore players, but so too would i opposition i presume.    

Guts personified... Crossy is truly a champion.  I do feel that if his injury is that serious, do we risk him early? Or do we give him a few weeks rest & rehab so he comes back cherry ripe.  Am sure the SAFC medical staff & player management will be assessing & make the best decision.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Premier Panther wrote:
darley16 wrote:Apparently Joel Cross played yesterday with 2 broken ribs he copped in last weeks game when he could be seen by all vomiting numerous times as a result. What a legend Crossy is, great South player. Plenty of ice packs after yesterdays game we have some sore players, but so too would i opposition i presume.    

Guts personified... Crossy is truly a champion.  I do feel that if his injury is that serious, do we risk him early? Or do we give him a few weeks rest & rehab so he comes back cherry ripe.  Am sure the SAFC medical staff & player management will be assessing & make the best decision.

I'd be pretty sure Crossy wouldnt be on the park if he was that badly hurt. We had enough of minor injuries developing into more serious ones last season.
Im really looking forward to this weeks game at the Ponderosa; it will be a test as Central are going along pretty well although they lost to Sturt on the weekend. Ive been really impressed with our relentless pressure on the opposition and our improved use of the footy on the turnover. We seem to have a more multi faceted forward line this year too, where in the past we were very Eddy focused, I think this is surprising a few teams.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 am

The three talls up forward, Eddy, Haren and Overall are hard to match up. They are also all very mobile and their movement around the ground is helping a very hard working midfield.

They had no passengers against Westies and I think that they will be unchanged. The longer they play together the better.

It was fantastic to see the reserves get up by a couple of points by kicking the last three goals. It meant a lot to them as could be seen as the siren went.

Make no mistake, a cohesive winning reserve side is a great fillip to overall success as it puts players under pressure to perform week in week out and when they get their chance to go from one winning side to another makes their footy experience far more enjoyable. No one ever won a premiership that they did not enjoy.

We actually lost the clearances and ruck hit outs on Sunday so still plenty of room for improvement.

Big chance Saturday, last years draw still hurts.

That said,Panthers to grind out a win.

PS. Tony Bamford has pulled out of the State side as a coach due to a heavy workload at the club. Whilst the 18s are suffering heavy defeats the 16s are doing the reverse and flogging their opponents. BRad Gotch has put his hand up to take that roll including scouting the opponent during our bye. Her has stated that he will support any player to play state footy. On ya Gotchy!
DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by B&W63 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Some interesting points made here. Certainly we look an extremely cohesive unit and have played some great football which inspires some confidence. I would love to see us win at Elizabeth or whatever its called now, after last year particularly and I wonder if the players will find that as extra motivation.
Its good to think that we appear good enough to handle the challenging games coming up.
Our Club looks in good shape and in good hands at the moment.
I hope that Crossy wasn't risked with rib injury - its hard to imagine Gotchy allowing that.
B&W63

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Goal Kickers: S. Overall 4, B. Eddy 3, A. Gulden 2, B. Seccull 2, N. Liddle, J. Cross, M. Rankine, E. Irra, D. Bass, R. Barnes
Best Players: S. Overall, B. Seccull, N. Schwarz, J. Veide, T. Fields, N. Liddle

Another very solid win. Started well, terrible second term (Dogs really lifted), but put the foot down after half time to run out fairly convincing winners.

Overall has had a promising start to the year after 2015 was a real let-down.

Umpires extremely whistle-happy (again).

South won the ressies by 89 points with ex-tiger Trembath kicking 7. Would be quite a while since a South's reserves team won a game by a margin of that degree.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Final SA 17-6 CD11-11

What another team fantastic performance.  Stood up & responded when challenged, testament to the mental strength of the playing group & had work behind the scenes of the coaching staff.  Good to see the reserves as well record a comprehensive win.....early days I know but geez we look good.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Andos Mullett on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:20 am

How did Rose go?
Andos Mullett

Back to top Go down

Post by DOC on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 am

Solid comeback. 20 possessions and surprisingly three inside 50s and zero rebound 50's. Played more as a winger with Guilden on the flank.

We won all four grades yesterday as well. The reserves were up by two goals when I got there then kicked about 12 of the next 16. Great effort and just what the club needs.

Xavier Gotch said yesterday that he thought he was right to play but the club took the cautious approach. A week off and no other injuries that I know of will make our next game a must see and win.

DOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:12 pm

DOC wrote:Solid comeback. 20 possessions and surprisingly three inside 50s and zero rebound 50's. Played more as a winger with Guilden on the flank.

We won all four grades yesterday as well. The reserves were up by two goals when I got there then kicked about 12 of the next 16. Great effort and just what the club needs.

Xavier Gotch said yesterday that he thought he was right to play but the club took the cautious approach. A week off and no other injuries that I know of will make our next game a must see and win.

The question now is with Rose back and X.Gotch coming back in....who do you rest ?

Hard to find any passengers really....who ever misses the Adelaide game will be very unlucky in my opinion.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum