South V Power Reserves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South V Power Reserves

Post by saintal on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 pm

South 14.13 def Port 8.6

Goal Kickers: B. Eddy 3, R. Barnes 3, J. Trembath 2, X. Gotch, B. Seccull, T. Brown, D. Bass, J. Veide, R. Newell
Best Players: B. Seccull, X. Gotch, T. Brown, D. Bass, N. Liddle, J. Veide

Good win after another slow start. Pleasing to win wearing the heritage jumper and to bounce back from the flogging at Alberton.

Liked the games of Bass, Veide, Seccull and Barnes.

19 touches, 6 tackles, 5 clearances and a goal to go with 31 hit outs for big Bass.

7 from 7 at Noarlunga.

Were you one of the 938 (not a typo) who attended?

saintal

Back to top Go down

Re: South V Power Reserves

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Fantastic to beat the Power Reserves....Redemption!

Only 938 must be a massive concern for the Club & also the SANFL.  I think relatively speaking Crowds for the majority of the clubs are down; Hard & fast facts are the club has always had a battle to be embraced by the Southern region.  Hopefully sustained success & continued hard work by the club in the area will turn this around.

Hand on heart, I wanted to be there this week, however with my children's sport clashing, the earlier than normal game start, & logistically living the other side of town, would never had made it on time.

Definite starter mind you next week at Pecker Park, & looking forward to carrying on our winning form.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:20 am

938, I also add & it's a no brainer, Power fans at home watching both games on the box.

Scheduling & broadcasting did not help.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Shocking programming by the SANFL.

Heard on radio today Port Adelaide Football Club promoted that supporters should watch the Power Ressies and Power AFL on TV live at their clubrooms.

Money at the gate not going to the club or Jimmy Deans.

Typical Port Adelaide arrogance.

Sat in the grandstand and thought to myself this is the smallest crowd I have ever seen at Noarlunga.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by darley16 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:47 am

I was surprised the crowd was that small, i was there and thought more people started to arrive during the 1st quarter, maybe got caught at the Sturt Rd/South Rd roadworks. The crowd can be explained, the early start, TV game, opposition had their AFL team on TV straight after (good on em!). Having said that we played really well in 2nd half and felt we should have won by more, really liked Tyson Brown's game he has shown great commitment and perseverance and given his chance he can play at this level.

darley16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:33 pm

Sadly I missed the game, currently on holidays in Paris- must have been a great win though and puts us right on track, but a big one this week V the eggs.
Disturbing news re the attendance; it surely must be ringing alarm bells at Board level and at the SANFL.
The self serving interests of the afl clubs have come at the expense of our competition. Why in the hell would you televise a game direct against Port on the same day as their afl club is playing? surely a sunday game would have seen a larger crowd...?
The fact still remains that we still fail to draw a reasonable home crowd even when we've had such a ripper start to the year.
I'm quite sure that we have more support at some away games than we do at Noarlunga. I think the elephant in the room is..we've failed in 20+ years to establish a footprint in the Southern area.
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum