Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai

Post by Panther74 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Thought I would get in early.....

Eagles v South at Woodville.  Massive challenge for us.  Some people (other supporters) even saying a GF preview !! (I still will personally keep waiting till I see that)

If we are to make statement on the competition, this is the game.

The 3 amigo$$$$ (Ainger, Boyd and Wundke).  Eagles in fine form.  Only team to beat ladder leader Sturt.  

Can we do it ?

I urge all Panther supporters to get out there on Saturday and get behind the boys.  They need your voice !

Hope the great work the South Cheer Squad are doing this year get behind the goals and give Wundke heaps.  

Can not wait for this game Panther fans.  

Personally, the Eagles are not one of my favorite sides and I just love beating them.

See you all there !!!!
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 13: Eagles v South - Saturday 25 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai

Post by saintal on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Good to see Schwarz back, has been very consistent this season. Some reasonable names in the reserves too, finally have a bit of depth.

Ainger ruled out is perhaps a blessing for WWT, rarely gets a kick against us.

South won the Round 2 encounter comfortably, dominating the mid-field and running the eagles off their legs. Will be a much tighter contest this time around.

The match deserves 3000 but will probably get half of that. Really looking forward to it though.

saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Premier Panther on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:45 pm

Eagles 10-13-73 South 6-5-41

Very defensive game, Eagles dominated inside 50s 56 to 25; Was always going to be difficult when you are defending for 3/4s of the game.

Great to be 7-0 at home, but we also need to back up away; Best players for me & no surprises our guys down back, Rose, Crabby, Durds & Fieldsy.

Big game against Norwood next week, opportunity to stay in the top 3 & get some winning confidence back, especially away.
Premier Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther74 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Good summary PP.

Frustrating game to watch at times. Especially with overusing and coughing up the ball various times throughout the game.

We shut the Eagles running game till half time. Over half time the wheels fell off. 56 to 25 inside 50's tells the story. Gave Eddy no chance at all.
Eagles opened up the game and we just chased jumpers for the rest of the day.

Our defense did a pretty good job. Rose (best for me), Fields, Crabby (kept Wundke to 2 goals) and Durds all did their job under attacking pressure.

Few players (maybe 3 or 4) would be placed under the spotlight for selection this week for the game versus Norwood. Some performances on the weekend by a few players pretty embarrassing by their standards,
Ressies placing the pressure on the league and think a few might get a chance this week.

Good to see Caleb Daniel decked out in his South gear at the game (scarf and jacket). Sad we could not show him a win for the day.

Norwood a must win this week is an understatement.
Panther74

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Hard game to watch, devoid of highlights.

Seemed to go ultra defensive (both teams did for that matter), and as a result our ball movement out of defence was slow and indirect as we often had nobody forward of centre.

Overall should be in our side. Good young talent who has been regularly named in the reserves best. Don't know much about him, but noticed Scott O'Shaughnessy has been named in the reserves best in 5 of his 7 games so must be close for a call up. Surprised Trembath got the chop for McMahon.

Heaslip, Rankine, Haren, Taylor, would be a few looking over their shoulders.

saintal

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum